First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 BMW 325i, '17 VW Alltrack, '20 Nissan Versa
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Does anyone know the functional differences between the 190 and 210 Dana front axles? not the spec differences but what do you actually get to do with the 210s.

Are the 210s just more sturdy for more aggressive offroading or rock crawling or better baseline for putting lockers or a bigger lift in the front?

Thanks.
210 = 210mm ring gear. Yes sturdier.
Sponsored

JT1

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone know the functional differences between the 190 and 210 Dana front axles? not the spec differences but what do you actually get to do with the 210s.

Are the 210s just more sturdy for more aggressive offroading or rock crawling or better baseline for putting lockers or a bigger lift in the front?

Thanks.
All of the above. The 190 vs 210 is the ring gear diameter in mm. So almost an inch bigger for the 210, plus iron vs aluminum. For on road driving, no big deal. For locked duty off road in the rocks on big tires, it's a weak link

sugarlax

First Name
Sugar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

My wife is starting to roll her eyes everytime I talk about this but, I have reviewed and analyzed just about every bit of information you can at this point so I am dumping my final thoughts here.

Note: 37yo, 2 kids (11-8), super commuter (45+ mins to work when not WFH), weekend sports and rec.

BD is the sweet spot. Top off with rain the Marine Vinal is needed. Wash out floors are cool. Like the strength of the steel bumpers, yes for trails but, because my kids may one day drive it.

Upgrade: The Mid Pack gives me all the tech I have right now with my Ford Fusion Hybrid (BLIS, Heated Seats, Lane Keep, ect.). Hard top with Sound Deadening to keep it functional, customized based on weather, and quiet. Finally, Auto 2.3L and if I can swing up to the 2.7L I would love to because I may not get the chance again to do something this big. 2" lift would be cool but would probably skip.

I don't need the SasQ pack and front locker may even be too much capability. The 35s would be nice but I love the look of the steelies.

Leaning 75% towards Catus Grey but have flirted with Area 51.

How ever the next 9 months go I am really excited about all of this and can't wait to cruise Summer 2021 when all this 2020 BS is over.
I'm in almost the exact same situation - 36yo +wife, 1 kid and a dog, 30min commute (will be the wife's daily driver as of now), weekend sports and rec, 2.3L Auto though having the 2.7 would be nice if the mpg doesn't change too much, love the Squatch look but I don't need it. Whether Area 51 or Cactus Grey is up to the wife.

Since we're a family of 3+dog we're debating the 2dr vs 4dr and I change my mind daily. A white hard top and an option to jump to 33s is all I'm hoping for. The stock BD w/ Mid option is pretty perfect for our needs.

Parker

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gr Che Overland, Corvette, Tahoe, 46 Chevy 2ton
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Any ideas on how the rubber floors are done? Good pictures at NYSE shoe carpet hooks, so fancy carpets are an option off-season. Are these put in hot, are they good sound temp insulation?

Wen

Black Diamond
First Name
Wendell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
All of the above. The 190 vs 210 is the ring gear diameter in mm. So almost an inch bigger for the 210, plus iron vs aluminum. For on road driving, no big deal. For locked duty off road in the rocks on big tires, it's a weak link
thanks JTI. as usual need to know the price difference. so to be sure, get the 210s if im planning on putting aftermarket lockers on huh?

Sponsored

JT1

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
thanks JTI. as usual need to know the price difference. so to be sure, get the 210s if im planning on putting aftermarket lockers on huh?
If 35 or bigger and lockers is your goal, then yes, I'd call the 210 money well spent

Wen

Black Diamond
First Name
Wendell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If 35 or bigger and lockers is your goal, then yes, I'd call the 210 money well spent
Thanks boss. U da man.

Reactions: JT1

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks.

Larger ring gears are stronger. Hypoid gears can be a weak point under stress. I'd much rather break an axle or CV than a ring gear. I want the M210, even if I never have 35s.

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looks like Bd wheels but not bd front bumper
Not really the wheels either. All of these tester Broncos are mixed and matched right now. They do look like the general tires but those wheels im pretty sure will be gloss black with chrome lug nuts and look a lot nicer from the factory then whats in that picture when all is said and done. Everything on these testers are just cheap versions of everything right now. And thats not the Bumper that comes with the Black Diamond either.

Screenshot_20200817-190815_Samsung Internet.jpg

Wen

Black Diamond
First Name
Wendell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Larger ring gears are stronger. Hypoid gears can be a weak point under stress. I'd much rather break an axle or CV than a ring gear. I want the M210, even if I never have 35s.

thanks kodiakisland, i guess they're kinda like firearms. better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it.

Sponsored

Bronc-OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XK, Jeep WJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
thanks kodiakisland, i guess they're kinda like firearms. better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it.
Both apply when you are out in the woods ;)

JRYbronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Newb question...I’ve seen the gear ratio charts, but which models come with the 190 vs 210? Is this the Sasquatch 4.7 specifically?

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Newb question...I’ve seen the gear ratio charts, but which models come with the 190 vs 210? Is this the Sasquatch 4.7 specifically?
My understanding is if you get the front locker you get the 210. 190 is the open.

Screenshot 2020-08-17 at 8.48.11 PM.png

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There's a bit of wishful thinking on here because Ford.com is slightly vague, but in all likelihood yes, it will only be available with Sasquatch unless you get the Badlands.
Sponsored