Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just did the automated tracking with UP, and it said:

Loaded: Origin Ramp - California

Weird.
The order I’m tracking to AZ said it was in Gateway, IL and has been transferred to UP. Both CSX and UP tracking basically said the same thing.
Sponsored

49faith

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What was your quote for PPF? I’m trying to decide between PPF and ceramic coating.
My wife's car goes in this Friday for a "partial front" (18-22" up the hood, the side fenders that line up with how much they put on the hood, mirrors, headlights and the bumper) and it was $850 minus 10% for a sale they're running for August. I asked about the Bronco when it comes in and was quoted $600 for a partial front because they don't do the metal bumper or mirrors since they're unpainted. Add another $1000 for the "full front" that is the entire hood and entire front fenders instead.

I'm thinking about doing the partial front AND ceramic ($550 for the ceramic) on top of it. I would opt in for the full PPF but it's 5k.

Hordak

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My wife's car goes in this Friday for a "partial front" (18-22" up the hood, the side fenders that line up with how much they put on the hood, mirrors, headlights and the bumper) and it was $850 minus 10% for a sale they're running for August. I asked about the Bronco when it comes in and was quoted $600 for a partial front because they don't do the metal bumper or mirrors since they're unpainted. Add another $1000 for the "full front" that is the entire hood and entire front fenders instead.

I'm thinking about doing the partial front AND ceramic ($550 for the ceramic) on top of it. I would opt in for the full PPF but it's 5k.
Who are you having do it? I would opt for the full PPF but, yeah, $5k is about the norm. With all of the rocks we have here in AZ I need to do something.

49faith

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Who are you having do it? I would opt for the full PPF but, yeah, $5k is about the norm. With all of the rocks we have here in AZ I need to do something.
ogmotorwerks.com - Detail shop out in East Mesa. It was the best quote of the shops I asked. I was also going to ask if they could do my graphics at the same time, but I didn't get that quoted. Mine is just a side stripe though so I think I could do it at the end of the day. I'll let you know if I like the work when I get my wife's car back.

Hordak

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
ogmotorwerks.com - Detail shop out in East Mesa. It was the best quote of the shops I asked. I was also going to ask if they could do my graphics at the same time, but I didn't get that quoted. Mine is just a side stripe though so I think I could do it at the end of the day. I'll let you know if I like the work when I get my wife's car back.
Perfect. Thanks!!

Sponsored

FishKzor

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Hordak I see you've got an OBX. Any interest in trading your grill for my Badlands (if you have a front-facing camera)?

cecrc881

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Outer Banks, Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I did full PPF and ceramic coating for added protection, slickness, and ease during washing. Additionally, and probably as important, I ceramic tinted all my interior windows including the tinted back windows and front windshield, although I did clear on the front. For those of us who live in the south where 100 degrees is the norm, it makes a huge difference in the interior temperature and in how quickly it cools when you crank up the A/C. It also blocks UV rays that don't get blocked with normal tint including the dark factory tint on back windows and hard top. For those who are wondering, this cost me about 8K. Well worth the money for me because I want my Bronco to look good when I park it next to the Range Rover at the Mall or Starbucks parking lot.

49faith

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I did full PPF and ceramic coating for added protection, slickness, and ease during washing. Additionally, and probably as important, I ceramic tinted all my interior windows including the tinted back windows and front windshield, although I did clear on the front. For those of us who live in the south where 100 degrees is the norm, it makes a huge difference in the interior temperature and in how quickly it cools when you crank up the A/C. It also blocks UV rays that don't get blocked with normal tint including the dark factory tint on back windows and hard top. For those who are wondering, this cost me about 8K. Well worth the money for me because I want my Bronco to look good when I park it next to the Range Rover at the Mall or Starbucks parking lot.
I could be talked into the full PPF if i was going to keep it 8+ years but that's not likely. I'd like to move up into a 7th gen EV or Hybrid if that's a thing and constraints, limitations or ordering time aren't an issue in the future. I totally get your thinking though so I'll do the front end to protect from rock chips and then ceramic for the hardness and ease of washing.

dhut2022

Base
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Genesis
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Start them young! My 8 year old getting in there helping remove the crash bars in preparation for wheel and tire upgrade!
E3AE09E1-8B5C-411D-9A8A-F8506B593271.jpeg
What size socket do you use to remove those/loosen the front bumper?

Hordak

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@Hordak I see you've got an OBX. Any interest in trading your grill for my Badlands (if you have a front-facing camera)?
I do have a front-facing camera but I’m going to stick with my OBX grill. Good luck.

Sponsored

cecrc881

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Outer Banks, Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I could be talked into the full PPF if i was going to keep it 8+ years but that's not likely. I'd like to move up into a 7th gen EV or Hybrid if that's a thing and constraints, limitations or ordering time aren't an issue in the future. I totally get your thinking though so I'll do the front end to protect from rock chips and then ceramic for the hardness and ease of washing.
I’m probably keeping it until I can no longer drive then give it to my 1st grandchild when I finally get one which is why I put in the investment. It’s my early retirement gift for myself so I splurged and I tend to keep my vehicles for a very long time.

Hordak

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m probably keeping it until I can no longer drive then give it to my 1st grandchild when I finally get one which is why I put in the investment. It’s my early retirement gift for myself so I splurged and I tend to keep my vehicles for a very long time.
That’s awesome. Congrats! I’d do it all if I could. So now it’s just deciding what will give the best coverage for the best price.

49faith

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That's what I would do in your shoes then. Enjoy the trails in retirement!

Jett_McCrazy

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

WMB

Big Bend
First Name
Wilmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Bronco was received at junction point (UP railroad) in Dolton, IL. New eta is between 22-28 of this month.
Sponsored