Sponsored

About that carpet behind the rear seats……

Peter Gosenya

Badlands
First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Builtright industries makes a Velcro molle panel that should cover most of the seat back. They make them currently for the f150 and they just announced that they will be making bronco accessories.
Sponsored

Ohnoohnoooo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW z3, Nisan rogue, joint-custody of Jeep YJ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Carpet has been in vehicles for decades, you/we will be fine.

Don't work to solve a problem you don't yet have.
The problem has been and continues to be significant for pet hair. That industrial carpet just traps dog hair, it doesn’t vacuum out, however the hair still manages to transfer onto other items, or be an issue if you have a friend with dog allergies join you for a trip even if your dogs aren’t along. Not to mention resale.

just because the industry has punted for years doesn’t mean there isn’t a legit issue. I look forward to a fix in 22MY and by aftermarket.

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
They should have made the seat back carpet optional like the headliner.

Sponsored

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
The problem has been and continues to be significant for pet hair. That industrial carpet just traps dog hair, it doesn’t vacuum out, however the hair still manages to transfer onto other items, or be an issue if you have a friend with dog allergies join you for a trip even if your dogs aren’t along. Not to mention resale.

just because the industry has punted for years doesn’t mean there isn’t a legit issue. I look forward to a fix in 22MY and by aftermarket.
That, and the fact that they have been touting the washout interior. Oversight, plain and simple.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My point is that people are trying to retrofit solutions to problems that don't exist because zero production units exist. It is literally a problem that does not exist yet, but people will complain endlessly about the possibility of 3sf of carpet on the back seat that may or not cause some future problem.

When the model is released and if/when it has a small amount of carpet, the type of carpet will point to problems and solutions present. At this poiny, literally none of that is known.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hit the carpet with a can of black flex seal. Not only will it resist water, but you’ll also grow your hair back and get a 25 year old girlfriend. I believe everything I see in commercials.

KAQ

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Crosstreck
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have an aftermarket rubber cover for my Subaru crosstrek. If someone is making that they are bound to have a Bronco option.

Sponsored

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As an FJ Cruiser owner, just wanted to chime in about how beat-up and scratched the backs of my rear seats are after 12-13 years.

I’ve often lamented how carpet would have prevented all the scratches from folding the seats down and hauling things.

Yes, a dog may shed some hair on carpet, but my hunting dogs over the years put some nice scratches on my seat backs from their toe nails too.
I totally agree with you. I had a Jeep JK and the backs of those seats were carpet, I had the roof off all Spring/Summer long, I have two Labs and I had it for 10 years. I never remember once worrying about or complaining that the seat backs were carpeted. I hunt, camp and am a fisherman, still never had issues. Maybe my memory isn't so great anymore, that is always a possibility. Either way, I am not losing any sleep over the arrangement.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Aftermarket will def come out with something to fix Ford's horrible decision to put carpet there. I am surprised they made the option for the sport, but not the bronco.
Yep, as soon as WeatherTech, Husky Liner, and the Chinese companies can get ahold of a Bronco (2, and 4 door) we'll see some cargo liners hit the market. I bought a cheap one from Wally World for my Wrangler. I throw it in there when I need it. It's crap, but it works fine the way it's used.

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That back seat needs some manacaping

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yep, as soon as WeatherTech, Husky Liner, and the Chinese companies can get ahold of a Bronco (2, and 4 door) we'll see some cargo liners hit the market. I bought a cheap one from Wally World for my Wrangler. I throw it in there when I need it. It's crap, but it works fine the way it's used.
The floor liners you can get from Ford actually look pretty good, but Def looking forward to see how aftermarket solves the carpet on the back of the seat