Sponsored

About that carpet behind the rear seats……

Macjr

Black Diamond
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad, 2020 Volvo xc40 RDesign
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I know this topic has been bounced around a bit in the forums but as we get closer to owning a Bronco I’ve been giving the carpet dilemma some thought. I have a 4 door BD on order, primarily chosen because I’m an outdoorsman with a ton of gear, a kid and a yellow Lab who sheds like a January Christmas tree..
-First, has anyone seen or heard of a rear seat back protector being offered as a Ford accessory??
-Second, has anyone come up with a creative idea to cover up the rear seat-back carpet??
Im thinking of buying one of those customizable rubber vehicle mats that you can trim to size, cut it to fit and utilize some 3M heavy duty outdoor Velcro tape all around perimeter then run an X pattern through center to keep it from buckling or sagging.. I hope Ford offers something, my previous company car had one (Outback) and with the seat down it just became an extension of the cargo area..
thoughts??
Sponsored

UncleBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I looked inside a bronco sport, they had a hard rubberized cover over the rear seat and it looks like it was mounted to the seat with clips covering the carpet.

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
When I looked inside a bronco sport, they had a hard rubberized cover over the rear seat and it looks like it was mounted to the seat with clips covering the carpet.

With my caeyenne, the aftermarket had a vinyl liner for the the back of the seats. It completely covers up the rear of the back seat. I'd expect very similar for the Bronco.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I know this topic has been bounced around a bit in the forums but as we get closer to owning a Bronco I’ve been giving the carpet dilemma some thought. I have a 4 door BD on order, primarily chosen because I’m an outdoorsman with a ton of gear, a kid and a yellow Lab who sheds like a January Christmas tree..
-First, has anyone seen or heard of a rear seat back protector being offered as a Ford accessory??
-Second, has anyone come up with a creative idea to cover up the rear seat-back carpet??
Im thinking of buying one of those customizable rubber vehicle mats that you can trim to size, cut it to fit and utilize some 3M heavy duty outdoor Velcro tape all around perimeter then run an X pattern through center to keep it from buckling or sagging.. I hope Ford offers something, my previous company car had one (Outback) and with the seat down it just became an extension of the cargo area..
thoughts??
Aftermarket will def come out with something to fix Ford's horrible decision to put carpet there. I am surprised they made the option for the sport, but not the bronco.

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
thoughts??
Like yourself, I am concern about the carpet and do not expect the issue to be corrected in MY21. I do a lot of camping in wet environments and found Kiwi Camp Dry works well. Since I have a supply on hand, that will be my first "low cost" approach.
Of course, it does not help repel dog hair.

Amazon.com: Kiwi Camp Dry Heavy Duty Water Repellent, 2 - 10.5 oz cans: Sports & Outdoors

Sponsored

Jarrett

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agree, might use a spray on my BD like the Camp Dry above or Scotchguard, and I will probably buy a cheap waterproof blanket like the one below and then bungee cord it around the seat when driving with top down on a potentially rainy day. Or buy the waterproof car seat cover below and turn it around backwards so it covers the back but stays in place. I’m sure someone on B6G will find a great solution once we have our Broncos and take them out to test.

1C6A5399-C4DD-4048-B8DA-C0E379386ED7.jpeg

395164AE-84E4-4291-A7A5-554C370EE0A3.jpeg

ACA2C9A6-C8EF-4E3F-B2D5-76AF743E1D48.jpeg

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As an FJ Cruiser owner, just wanted to chime in about how beat-up and scratched the backs of my rear seats are after 12-13 years.

I’ve often lamented how carpet would have prevented all the scratches from folding the seats down and hauling things.

Yes, a dog may shed some hair on carpet, but my hunting dogs over the years put some nice scratches on my seat backs from their toe nails too.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm gonna be pretty pissed if Ford fixes this for the 22, or 23 model year trucks.

Thanks for all of the solutions and ideas everyone has shared. Since my 2 Dr will have the rear seats down more often than not, I've got to come up with something; shame I have to pay extra for such obvious protection in a Badlands no less.

Sponsored

HarderCorer

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As an FJ Cruiser owner, just wanted to chime in about how beat-up and scratched the backs of my rear seats are after 12-13 years.

I’ve often lamented how carpet would have prevented all the scratches from folding the seats down and hauling things.

Yes, a dog may shed some hair on carpet, but my hunting dogs over the years put some nice scratches on my seat backs from their toe nails too.
When I first saw my perfect washout interior had carpet I was pissed. After I calmed down I realized the engineers might be right. First, most the time the seats will be up so the backs won't get that wet. When they are down, some scotchgard should be plenty.

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
When I first saw my perfect washout interior had carpet I was pissed. After I calmed down I realized the engineers might be right. First, most the time the seats will be up so the backs won't get that wet. When they are down, some scotchgard should be plenty.
Wait, you are you using your head rather than just screaming about how terrible it is? That is not allowed here!

Imho, scotch guard it if you really care, and get a velcro on seat back cover if you have a white dog. Otherwise, its a non issue.

1IH

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe MaMa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Wranglers with leather have same carpet on rear, there’s Also a very thick rubber liner available from Jeep that covers it up, I’m sure AM will provide one for the Bronco but more importantly why didn’t Ford make the rear seat removable?! That’s one of the best features of a Jeep for overlanding on the cheap, or even getting all of that mulch in one trip.