Sponsored

Carpet on Rear Seats - Deliberate Design Choice by Ford?

gizmohd

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport (Wife), Bronco Badlands (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seeing more and more pictures of people putting their patches on the rear seat backs makes me think that maybe, the carpet back (even in the MGV/Washout models) was a deliberate design decision for just this reason... Thoughts?
Sponsored

OP
OP
gizmohd

gizmohd

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anything with the hooky part of hook n loop should stick there….lightweight flashlights, sunglasses cases, SPOT device, etc.
Thanks FOMOCO!

Sponsored

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seeing more and more pictures of people putting their patches on the rear seat backs makes me think that maybe, the carpet back (even in the MGV/Washout models) was a deliberate design decision for just this reason... Thoughts?
In one of the Bronco Nation video interviews with Estaban, he said it was designed that way so that it would damage the doors when stored back there. Sounded like a load of crock when I heard it but whatever LOL.

Bronco67

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 DR
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think more so that they had to cut corners somewhere & some areas where they did that are more noticeable than others.. like the carpet on the back of the seats for example! The Sport got a little more love in that department

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I like the carpeted seat backs in the rear. I think it provides some sound deadening and generally looks better.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think more so that they had to cut corners somewhere & some areas where they did that are more noticeable than others.. like the carpet on the back of the seats for example! The Sport got a little more love in that department
Sport also has carpet seatbacks. But they do have those rubber seat protectors. Seems like it would be an easy accessory for Ford to release.

OP
OP
gizmohd

gizmohd

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My wife's sport came with rubber pads that snapped onto the back seat... too bad it's big brother wont get that treatment.

Sponsored

Bronco67

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 DR
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sport also has carpet seatbacks. But they do have those rubber seat protectors. Seems like it would be an easy accessory for Ford to release.
I'd buy it in a heartbeat if they did. Pretty sure they will its just a matter of when!

Theowlhoothoot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model 3 Performance
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Even our bronco sport came with hard snap on covers for the back seat for storage. Ford is just being cheap.

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"Yeah... see, I told you we were RockstarsTM... we totally meant for that.... definitely an intentional design that is totally amazing"

-Mike Levine (probably)

Badsquatch2021

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tbd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone seen or come across something to cover the back of the seats? I've been thinking about this from the beginning. I need something for dogs to use and not have hair embedded in to. I'd love some attached mats like the sport. So far, I'm looking at an upholstery company to cover them in something tough and rubberized. Anybody know how to remove the rear seat covers?
Sponsored