Wesly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX; '11 Armada; '02 Tahoe Z71; '91 XJ6
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have an Outer Banks - High Package (no ACC). BUT - I do have the ACC sensor the other referenced thread says is the sensor. With this in place, can it be activated or "turned on"?
Ford Bronco ACC without LUX using FORScan? ACC

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Following. I have the high package and would love to have the ACC.

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have an Outer Banks - High Package (no ACC). BUT - I do have the ACC sensor the other referenced thread says is the sensor. With this in place, can it be activated or "turned on"?
ACC.jpg
Following. I have the high package and would love to have the ACC.

I believe I read that is just the box where the sensor would be if you had the LUX package. Apparently it opens and if you have ACC, the sensor is inside, if you dont have ACC, the box is hollow. I have the high package and this box but I havent look inside yet

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
I believe I read that is just the box where the sensor would be if you had the LUX package. Apparently it opens and if you have ACC, the sensor is inside, if you dont have ACC, the box is hollow. I have the high package and this box but I havent look inside yet
can you feel electrical cables behind it?

Sponsored

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

can you feel electrical cables behind it?
Nothing behind it except ugly active shutter parts. I also have a OBX high package. I was hoping to remove the box for better flow to the intercooler. I still may end up remove the lower active shutters(after warranty is up) I want as much air hitting the intercooler as possible.

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nothing behind it except ugly active shutter parts. I also have a OBX high package. I was hoping to remove the box for better flow to the intercooler. I still may end up remove the lower active shutters(after warranty is up) I want as much air hitting the intercooler as possible.
Yes that makes sense. I don't believe the aerodynamics benefits of the active shutters are significant in a vehicle shaped like a brick.

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

In the F150 if your vehicle does not have adaptive cruise control then you will not have the sensor. So how can you hack into a sensor that you don't have?

These types of questions are premature as the bronco is not out yet. So if you want an honest answer then it will have to wait until the bronco comes out and someone tries it and I bet very few will try it.

If you want ACC and can't afford the LUX package, a better course of action is to get a part-time job as you have a solid 10 months before delivery.
Re read the post. He said he hs most of the sensors and what he is missing can be bought. Thus the question resides in can adaptive cruise control be activated in forscan

Brnzbronc

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey so removing the active shudders will throw a DTC code and cause a reduced power scenario, I’m working on a way to get more air the Intercooler myself. It limits the boost to only 14 psi.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey so removing the active shudders will throw a DTC code and cause a reduced power scenario, I’m working on a way to get more air the Intercooler myself. It limits the boost to only 14 psi.
Probably not if you only remove the actual shudders, but leave all the components behind (eg anything electrical), but probably will require some trickery.