Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Last family vehicle was an Explorer with the 2.3l, it was a different vehicle in sport mode. So much so my wife didn’t like it in sport, I did. I wish our Badlands (2.7l) had it, does adding it void the warranty?
Sports mode does more than just transmission shifting and fuel mapping. It also changes brakes and steering just like Baja mode does..and yes, it puts you in 4A.

As for warranty, I have no idea, but I can't imagine how a user hacking the factory computer would be "ok". It's not like we're going through the infotainment center and changing settings. We're literally tweaking code blocks through the back door.
Sponsored

EXO Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Audi S4, Raptor (Previously)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sport mode will NOT make the HP increase.

It just makes the vehicle require less pedal input to get the same throttle demand. Some sport modes also make the transmission shift points hold longer, increase pressure for the shifts themselves (resulting in a harder shift), and change the cabin sound that is piped into the vehicle.

Either way, it does not typically unlock more HP. That part is the placebo, but the other functions that make a vehicle "feel" faster, are in fact very real!

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone know if there’s a Forscan dongle that talks to iOS?

<edit: just used my Google-fu, and there is but not for full functionality of changing settings, etc>

Last edited:

cpmartin1999

Badlands
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 2020 VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This changes the throttle positioning like every other manufacturer right? And it changes to a more 'aggressive' gear selection mapping. It doesn't 'add horsepower' from my understanding.
i.e.
Normal mode is 50% pedal input = 50% throttle opening.
Sport mode is 50% pedal input = 100% throttle opening.
so its just a "trick" ? if you mash the pedal everytime "same as sport mode"? seems legit, dont know why i though it would increase power.

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone comment on Sport Mode in MT?
In my Audi it not only changes throttle response but delays RPM drop between shifts (sweet!)…….among other things.

Sponsored

Mustang_75_99

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F150, 2005 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sports mode does more than just transmission shifting and fuel mapping. It also changes brakes and steering just like Baja mode does..and yes, it puts you in 4A.

As for warranty, I have no idea, but I can't imagine how a user hacking the factory computer would be "ok". It's not like we're going through the infotainment center and changing settings. We're literally tweaking code blocks through the back door.
Yeah my guy tells me that it would cause issues with the warranty, but if all other models have sport mode, why in the hell would it matter if it was “unlocked” on the Badlands?! (That is a rhetorical question).

smahones

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
DUMB QUESTION Alert: Does a ForScan change stay after engine shut off or does it need to be changed every time you start the car? Another forum posted that ForScan reverts to factory settings every time after you shut off the engine. Thanks for clearing this up.

OP
OP
threeonone

threeonone

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah my guy tells me that it would cause issues with the warranty, but if all other models have sport mode, why in the hell would it matter if it was “unlocked” on the Badlands?! (That is a rhetorical question).
Someone on FB commented that they were told by a Ford employee at their dealership that there will be an update coming soon that will include sport mode for the badlands.

OP
OP
threeonone

threeonone

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
DUMB QUESTION Alert: Does a ForScan change stay after engine shut off or does it need to be changed every time you start the car? Another forum posted that ForScan reverts to factory settings every time after you shut off the engine. Thanks for clearing this up.
Only have to do it once. It stays.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Remapping a throttle to open 100% with very little pedal input isn't what a lot of people would consider an actual change.

Subaru throttles are mapped like that from the factory, and I personally think it's idiotic, and would prefer a more linear pedal (half travel equals half throttle, matted equals full throttle, etc).
Actually, you likely wouldn't. Even on the old carburated engines, the cable opening the throttle actually went over a cam to make it non-linear. The way a throttle plate opens up is not at all linear as a function of degrees and actual volume opened in the throttle body. What we would like is closer to pedal travel being linear in effect of volume open in the throttle body. Any actual difference in performance between full throttle on 'normal' and 'sport' is going to be based on how fast they allow the throttle to open. It is artificially delayed in transition most times, so I could see a sport mode being slightly quicker to get to full throttle and, by extension, being slightly quicker in acceleration. would likely be a very tiny difference though, mostly perception of getting hit with torque right way vs over an additional second (or whatever cumulative delays are built in)

Sponsored

Go_Galt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone comment on Sport Mode in MT?
In my Audi it not only changes throttle response but delays RPM drop between shifts (sweet!)…….among other things.
The car rev-hangs *intentionally*?

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Someone on FB commented that they were told by a Ford employee at their dealership that there will be an update coming soon that will include sport mode for the badlands.
That would be nice, if true. To have all eight G.O.A.T. modes without having to worry whether it will impact the warranty.

But perhaps this is just another “My Dealer Said…”.

MDbeachguy

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This seems like massive news would be cool if we can get confirmation
Sponsored