First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Does anyone know exactly what "Additional Sound Deadening" consists of. Its included with High Package and not Mid Package on the Outer Banks.

I just drove a OBX with High Package and resonating engine noise was def lower compared to me driving a BD without "Additional Sound Deadening"

Is it just the engine bay headliner or is there more, like firewall foam inserts?

Thanks.
Ford Bronco Additional Sound Deadening? Screenshot_20220223-183938
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is additional sound deadening material near the firewall and the underside of the hood to absorb some engine noise.

In my opinion... completely worthless. A nice perk I guess, but it should NOT be the reason why you upgrade to the High package. The Bronco is very much not a quiet vehicle thanks to the convertible/removable tops, and you'll get far more road noise than you will engine noise.

OP
OP
Saltlife4shore

Saltlife4shore

Big Bend
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Does anyone know exactly what "Additional Sound Deadening" consists of. Its included with High Package and not Mid Package on the Outer Banks.

I just drove a OBX with High Package and resonating engine noise was def lower compared to me driving a BD without "Additional Sound Deadening"

Is it just the engine bay headliner or is there more, like firewall foam inserts?

Thanks.
Ford Bronco Additional Sound Deadening? Screenshot_20220223-183938
I have the High Package, and there is a little more absorbant material here and there. But. I paid the extra $1,200 for the 12" screen, the mirror down lights, and the extra cameras. Well worth it. Whenever I pull into a tight spot, on goes the front camera button. It also works on the trail. The mirror lights are part of an upgraded exterior lighting package. And the 12" screen has room for it all. Excellent upgrade, without the Lux stuff.
Sponsored