First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know not a lot of slack is being cut now, but I'll point out that a few months ago the problem was getting better equipment to deal with production issues (I think it was injection molding equipment?). The labor issue now may be that they have this new equipment, but not enough (or anyone) trained in how to operate it. Which also can explain why they continue producing other products. Just sayin'.
If that's true tho, why not anticipate that issue and communicate it to your customers (either deliberately, or when asked?)

It's clear that this launch was, and continues to be mishandled. At the very least at this point, bi-weekly updates should be given to customers that have been waiting for over a year.

Most of us lived this with the Broncos sitting in lots, delays in delivery, etc. We had the luxury of the product coming from a huge company with a lot of stakes on the line to deliver these vehicles (and only $100-$500 deposits) and we STILL got more communication than this.

@ADV Fiberglass work the problem, put more resources into it, and communicate with your customers regularly before the hardtop market passes you by.....
Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If that's true tho, why not anticipate that issue and communicate it to your customers (either deliberately, or when asked?)

It's clear that this launch was, and continues to be mishandled. At the very least at this point, bi-weekly updates should be given to customers that have been waiting for over a year.

Most of us lived this with the Broncos sitting in lots, delays in delivery, etc. We had the luxury of the product coming from a huge company with a lot of stakes on the line to deliver these vehicles (and only $100-$500 deposits) and we STILL got more communication than this.

@ADV Fiberglass work the problem, put more resources into it, and communicate with your customers regularly before the hardtop market passes you by.....
No doubt. Mismanagement is different than fraud, though, and happens much more often.

I used to work for a larg(ish) university, where I had to sit in meetings about facilities being built. We were in the early stages of building a large football complex, so we had meetings with other large universities. One of them was a (college football) top 10 private university you've heard of, who told us the biggest risk is having someone managing the project who isn't focused on that project and/or experienced enough.

They told the story of hiring a big construction firm based on an agreement they'd have the guy who built several other (successful) big buildings for them building their stadium. He of course was "over" the project... and 5-6 others throughout the state (Texas is large, if you're not aware).

They had numerous issues, mostly based on the on-site manager being his first big project and the other guy was too busy to pay close attention. Eventually that guy got demoted and the guy they wanted rode to the rescue.

People fail and it's not a personal affront for that to happen. Sometimes talented people get in over their head or something doesn't work out. So far this reasons less as fraud than just an inability to get the process into production in a timely manner. Only time will tell how that plays out.

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I gave them so many opportunities to keep me as a customer. I asked publicly here on 6g for a solid reason to not request a refund. Asked via email. Even as I was requesting my refund, stating I want to be a customer and I love the potential, can you give me a reason to not request a refund and hold on until January such as a picture of tops being assembled, inventory at the shop, something like "we have X number of tops ready and will start shipping after the holidays, anything. I told them I didn't want to cancel but nothing in response to give me any further encouragement. I can't for the life of me understand the lack of communication with customers who trusted them with $6k minimum almost 2 yrs ago. It started to feel real creepy when they missed Aug/September, worse for October, and the last straw was Nov. being missed. When it felt like lending your dirtbag cousin money and you asked 4-5 times for payback and still nothing except they ask for more, that's when I jumped.

The pricing for the TO top is also a big factor. It is significantly less. Doesn't seem like ADV has much room to raise prices. Heck, you can order a Ursa Minor top for the same price as an ADV.

Kjbeggs

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I know not a lot of slack is being cut now, but I'll point out that a few months ago the problem was getting better equipment to deal with production issues (I think it was injection molding equipment?). The labor issue now may be that they have this new equipment, but not enough (or anyone) trained in how to operate it. Which also can explain why they continue producing other products. Just sayin'.
Months back, they told us all they were waiting for was the rubber gaskets, before FINAL assembly could be completed. Then, six months ago (on Star Wars Day), the infamous rubber arrived and "FINAL ASSEMBLY" was begun.
All this gave the impression that they had stacks of Hard top panels fully built/tested and ready to have gaskets applied, then shipped.
Apparently that was NOT the case. (I've asked many times why these "quality" issues were not discovered/rectified months ago while they were sitting on their hands waiting on shipments of rubber, but never got an answer).
My assumption is, since they didn't have the rubber to complete/ship Hardtops, they just focused on manufacturing Fenders, Hoods, etc. and figured they'd crank out some Hard top panels once the rubber arrived (Again, this is absolutely not what I'd consider "Final Asembly").

All conjecture on my part though, since I can't get a straight answer from anyone.

Let's say I'm going to sell you a wooden box;
I've got a tree that I can cut down and plane into boards to construct the box.
I don't have the screws to hold the boards together.
If I prepare the boards, cut them to size, verify their quality and plan exactly how to put them together, they are ready for "final assembly' when the screws arrive.
If I've still just got a tree growing in the yard, that's a different story...

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I gave them so many opportunities to keep me as a customer. I asked publicly here on 6g for a solid reason to not request a refund. Asked via email. Even as I was requesting my refund, stating I want to be a customer and I love the potential, can you give me a reason to not request a refund and hold on until January such as a picture of tops being assembled, inventory at the shop, something like "we have X number of tops ready and will start shipping after the holidays, anything. I told them I didn't want to cancel but nothing in response to give me any further encouragement. I can't for the life of me understand the lack of communication with customers who trusted them with $6k minimum almost 2 yrs ago. It started to feel real creepy when they missed Aug/September, worse for October, and the last straw was Nov. being missed. When it felt like lending your dirtbag cousin money and you asked 4-5 times for payback and still nothing except they ask for more, that's when I jumped.

The pricing for the TO top is also a big factor. It is significantly less. Doesn't seem like ADV has much room to raise prices. Heck, you can order a Ursa Minor top for the same price as an ADV.
More like you gave money to your brainy but odd third cousin to build you a complicated computer, and two years later you still haven't gotten the computer. The cousin gives you your money back when you ask, because they aren't a dirtbag and y'know, they're probably tired of not getting it done too.

Months back, they told us all they were waiting for was the rubber gaskets, before FINAL assembly could be completed. Then, six months ago (on Star Wars Day), the infamous rubber arrived and "FINAL ASSEMBLY" was begun.
All this gave the impression that they had stacks of Hard top panels fully built/tested and ready to have gaskets applied, then shipped.
Apparently that was NOT the case. (I've asked many times why these "quality" issues were not discovered/rectified months ago while they were sitting on their hands waiting on shipments of rubber, but never got an answer).
My assumption is, since they didn't have the rubber to complete/ship Hardtops, they just focused on manufacturing Fenders, Hoods, etc. and figured they'd crank out some Hard top panels once the rubber arrived (Again, this is absolutely not what I'd consider "Final Asembly").

All conjecture on my part though, since I can't get a straight answer from anyone.

Let's say I'm going to sell you a wooden box;
I've got a tree that I can cut down and plane into boards to construct the box.
I don't have the screws to hold the boards together.
If I prepare the boards, cut them to size, verify their quality and plan exactly how to put them together, they are ready for "final assembly' when the screws arrive.
If I've still just got a tree growing in the yard, that's a different story...
I would put it more like, cut the trees down, got everything lined up, then came in to find out the wooden sides are splitting when it's hot and dry and wet and cold. Those'll have to be thrown out and some replacement found.

I haven't given my money (more than a little!) and gotten nothing for it. I did do a sleep test once that cost me $4k out of pocket and that literally came to nothing, and yeah I didn't get that back. Since they're refunding the cash without issue, those who are left and still agitated and affronted seem to trying to bully a top out of them. I would advise get your money back and walk away. There are better things to spend your time on.

Sponsored

CM22

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' F 350
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
While this ad may be a scam, Anderson is definitely shipping tops to customers. I ordered mine thru BMC and BMC alone has already shipped 11 AC tops. The guy at BMC told me he has been shipping 1-2 per month on average.

I got my AC top from BMC back in April.

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
More like you gave money to your brainy but odd third cousin to build you a complicated computer, and two years later you still haven't gotten the computer. The cousin gives you your money back when you ask, because they aren't a dirtbag and y'know, they're probably tired of not getting it done too.

I would put it more like, cut the trees down, got everything lined up, then came in to find out the wooden sides are splitting when it's hot and dry and wet and cold. Those'll have to be thrown out and some replacement found.

I haven't given my money (more than a little!) and gotten nothing for it. I did do a sleep test once that cost me $4k out of pocket and that literally came to nothing, and yeah I didn't get that back. Since they're refunding the cash without issue, those who are left and still agitated and affronted seem to trying to bully a top out of them. I would advise get your money back and walk away. There are better things to spend your time on.
You mean I might not get my $$$ back from my sleep number 100 day trial!?

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You mean I might not get my $$$ back from my sleep number 100 day trial!?
At least in that case, I would've at least had a bed (even if it is just an air mattress). :whistle: It was a 4-6hr sleep study with the probes and whatever. I also shaved my chest (for some stupid reason...) and had the ITCHIEST chest for like a week until it grew back enough. lol

CTwaterfowler

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
At least in that case, I would've at least had a bed (even if it is just an air mattress). :whistle: It was a 4-6hr sleep study with the probes and whatever. I also shaved my chest (for some stupid reason...) and had the ITCHIEST chest for like a week until it grew back enough. lol
I was curious about the expensive injection equipment. If it's whati was looking at, it's 100k. Two part,first spray in special liquid,then spray in second stage and voila,you have closed cell foam.
Probably a lot more to it than I care to remember

However, I agree with all the previous posts today. They should communicate better and more frequently, even if it's nothing much. They also for christ sake be able to start shipping a few tops regardless of labor issues.
Make everybody happy, ship a few out as they are completed rather than in batches

Kjbeggs

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My doctor recommended a sleep study for me once…
I said “If you put me in a controlled environment with no kids, no dogs wanting out in the middle of the night, and no wife squirming, I’ll sleep like a baby. I don’t need a sleep study to tell me why I have trouble sleeping”.

Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My doctor recommended a sleep study for me once…
I said “If you put me in a controlled environment with no kids, no dogs wanting out in the middle of the night, and no wife squirming, I’ll sleep like a baby. I don’t need a sleep study to tell me why I have trouble sleeping”.
You've never had a sleep study. lol I found it nearly impossible to sleep with all the wires and the uncomfortable bed. Then I finally fell asleep and she's waking me up half an hour later to leave at 3:30am. Itchy chest and all.