Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I don't have a problem with my Black Diamond being equipped with the adv 4x4. I think it is a great option to have for safety reasons. What I do not like about it is that the cost did not show up on my build sheet at the dealership when I made my final order on 11-21-23. If I knew that it was going to cost more I may not have added it to my order. It makes me have less trust in my dealership although honestly I think I am much more educated on the whole Bronco situation than my salesman may be. I don't really mean that as a criticism. I have been on this forum since 2020 and have been exposed to a lot more information than the salesman and Bronco is not the only vehicle they deal with, but some honesty on all cost would be nice to have.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Maxw64

Maxw64

Big Bend
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Youā€™re right, it is a ā€œhiddenā€ cost! Ford can use as many secret codes as they want, but for the consumer itā€™s unnecessarily confusing.

If you go to the B&P and select 4-door Black Diamond, scroll directly down to the Summary and under ā€œnet priceā€ you can click the Info button and see Base Price $40,940. Now, go back up to Powertrains and check the 4x4 with Full Time Drive box, and it will NOT tell you that thereā€™s a charge, and it will NOT show you a pop-up box with the cost listed (like it does with almost every other option), but now go back down to the Summary and youā€™ll notice the Base Price has changed to $41,735.

It never shows up in your itemized list of options, or on your window sticker. That is the definition of a hidden fee, and thatā€™s messed up.
I agree it is a hidden cost that Ford is being open an upfront about. I am glad that I am not the only person that thought this. I can't help to think that it is a money grab when there is a lack of information that could obviously be easily corrected. I would love to hear from someone who works for Ford on this topic.

OP
OP
Maxw64

Maxw64

Big Bend
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Youā€™re right, it is a ā€œhiddenā€ cost! Ford can use as many secret codes as they want, but for the consumer itā€™s unnecessarily confusing.

If you go to the B&P and select 4-door Black Diamond, scroll directly down to the Summary and under ā€œnet priceā€ you can click the Info button and see Base Price $40,940. Now, go back up to Powertrains and check the 4x4 with Full Time Drive box, and it will NOT tell you that thereā€™s a charge, and it will NOT show you a pop-up box with the cost listed (like it does with almost every other option), but now go back down to the Summary and youā€™ll notice the Base Price has changed to $41,735.

It never shows up in your itemized list of options, or on your window sticker. That is the definition of a hidden fee, and thatā€™s messed up.
On another note how do you like your Black Diamond? I am hoping that mine will be delivered at least by Mid March.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
On another note how do you like your Black Diamond? I am hoping that mine will be delivered at least by Mid March.
Lovinā€™ it. Put some 34ā€ tires on, so it fills the wheel wells a little better. Otherwise, wouldnā€™t change a thingā€¦

OP
OP
Maxw64

Maxw64

Big Bend
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Lovinā€™ it. Put some 34ā€ tires on, so it fills the wheel wells a little better. Otherwise, wouldnā€™t change a thingā€¦
What tires did you go with? No lift? Mine will be a daily driver so I don't want to get to crazy with it either.

Sponsored

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I agree it is a hidden cost that Ford is being open an upfront about. I am glad that I am not the only person that thought this. I can't help to think that it is a money grab when there is a lack of information that could obviously be easily corrected. I would love to hear from someone who works for Ford on this topic.
You stated in the firs post that:
When I received my window sticker I noticed it was about $500.00 over what my print out said form the dealer.
You did not state that you were comparing your window sticker to the build website.

Your order form should represent the actual costs you will pay if the dealer sticks to the original price you agreed to.

I don't see it as hidden. The price on the price and build website's summary page is accurate regarding the MSRP price. That someone didn't look at the summary page or review their dealer's order sheet doesn't hide the number. It just means you didn't see it.

The worst that a dealer could have done is provide no explanation of how the bronco ordering process goes. Someone here could figure out that if they looked at the "Ordering, Pricing, Production, Tracking, Delivery" area and the thread with the 2023 Bronco order guide or the prior 2022 Bronco order guide. There you would learn that Broncos with the advanced 4wd get a different order code than those without.

OP
OP
Maxw64

Maxw64

Big Bend
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I was comparing the sticker to the build sheet that my dealer gave me on 11-21-22 when I ordered again for the 3rd time over the last two and a half years. No where on the build sheet did it reflect an increased cost for ordering the BD with the ADV. 4x4. Like I had mentioned earlier it is on me. Buyer beware!! I should have done more homework. They are giving me a $500.00 educator discount so it will all wash out in the end. But I do feel like it is confusing at the minimum and hidden at the most.
Sponsored