Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

When I received my window sticker I noticed it was about $500.00 over what my print out said form the dealer. After close examination the only thing that I can figure out is that the advanced 4x4 is a hidden cost. Does anyone else see the cost reflected on your sticker? Or did I just miss it?
Sponsored

Attachments

Mikesmallcrawler21

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 F150 screw
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think it used to be 725 or 775... the way build and price used to configure it was weird. It may still be confusing. But as far as what you and dealer had, and window sticker I can't answer.
Post a pic of the window sticker in question...

OP
OP
Maxw64

Maxw64

Big Bend
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Advanced 4x4 is an entirely different series for Base, Big Bend, Black Diamond, and Outer Banks.

If you ordered a Big Bend with Advanced 4x4... your order preview sheet (listed at the top) will be for an E5C or E5D rather than an E5A/E5B. So you won't see it spiked out as separate option.
My order is a 4 door Black Diamond 2.3

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Check your destination charge. If I recall on mine, that was the one thing that went up $500 between ordering in 2021 and delivery in 2022.

OP
OP
Maxw64

Maxw64

Big Bend
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think it used to be 725 or 775... the way build and price used to configure it was weird. It may still be confusing. But as far as what you and dealer had, and window sticker I can't answer.
Post a pic of the window sticker in question...

Attachments

Sponsored

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
When was your vehicle ordered, i.e. when was the printout from the dealer given to you in 2022? There may have been a price change since then as well, that would be an MSRP price increase. Or some of your accessories may have increased in price with the model year change.

OP
OP
Maxw64

Maxw64

Big Bend
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Advanced 4x4 is an entirely different series for Base, Big Bend, Black Diamond, and Outer Banks.

If you ordered a Big Bend with Advanced 4x4... your order preview sheet (listed at the top) will be for an E5C or E5D rather than an E5A/E5B. So you won't see it spiked out as separate option.
I see what you are saying. I had assumed it would show up as an added option.

OP
OP
Maxw64

Maxw64

Big Bend
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I see it now E5D. Thank you for the information.

OP
OP
Maxw64

Maxw64

Big Bend
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

No problem.

It's because the Advanced 4x4 Bronco is considered to be an All-Wheel Drive vehicle rather than a 4x4 vehicle. The reason why it matters is for NHTSA vehicle classification. From the NHTSA's perspective is really only four different configurations for the Bronco:
  • 2-door 4x4 (E5A)
  • 2-door AWD (E5C)
  • 4-door 4x4 (E5B)
  • 4-door AWD (E5D)
This is why when people go to register their Adv 4x4 Bronco it is considered to be an AWD SUV rather than a 4x4 vehicle. This is also why those who received a 2022 Bronco lost their price protection if they changed their 4x4 configuration... because in doing so they changed the series code.

It makes it extremely confusing from our perspective. There are really only four configurations available for the Bronco, but somehow Ford squeezed out 6+ trims out of those 4 configurations. And many of those trims can change configurations depending on what options someone picked for their Bronco.
So are you telling me there is a possibility I may be losing my price protection. If that's the case then I am officially done!! I certainly hope that is not the case.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Maxw64

Maxw64

Big Bend
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

No... that was a 2022-only thing since Ford did mid-year price increases in March 2022.

Ford may do mid-year price increases again for 2023, but your Bronco has already been invoiced at the factory so you won't have to worry about it.
Geez I was gonna say that would be my luck. I would get to build week and then find out that I am not getting my $2800.00 discount lol. That would have been the final straw. Thank you so much for your expertise. I still think that the cost was hidden as there is no mention of an increase in price for the AWD on my build sheet from the dealer. I guess it goes back to "buyer beware" thats on me.

The Bronc

Badlands
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Xterra; 04 Element; 06 Sentra; 10 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No problem.

It's because the Advanced 4x4 Bronco is considered to be an All-Wheel Drive vehicle rather than a 4x4 vehicle. The reason why it matters is for NHTSA vehicle classification. From the NHTSA's perspective is really only four different configurations for the Bronco:
  • 2-door 4x4 (E5A)
  • 2-door AWD (E5C)
  • 4-door 4x4 (E5B)
  • 4-door AWD (E5D)
This is why when people go to register their Adv 4x4 Bronco it is considered to be an AWD SUV rather than a 4x4 vehicle. This is also why those who received a 2022 Bronco lost their price protection if they changed their 4x4 configuration... because in doing so they changed the series code.

It makes it extremely confusing from our perspective. There are really only four configurations available for the Bronco, but somehow Ford squeezed out 6+ trims out of those 4 configurations. And many of those trims can change configurations depending on what options someone picked for their Bronco.
I am curious if there is a difference in insurance premiums with the advanced 4x4 (AWD) rather than 4x4

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Youā€™re right, it is a ā€œhiddenā€ cost! Ford can use as many secret codes as they want, but for the consumer itā€™s unnecessarily confusing.

If you go to the B&P and select 4-door Black Diamond, scroll directly down to the Summary and under ā€œnet priceā€ you can click the Info button and see Base Price $40,940. Now, go back up to Powertrains and check the 4x4 with Full Time Drive box, and it will NOT tell you that thereā€™s a charge, and it will NOT show you a pop-up box with the cost listed (like it does with almost every other option), but now go back down to the Summary and youā€™ll notice the Base Price has changed to $41,735.

It never shows up in your itemized list of options, or on your window sticker. That is the definition of a hidden fee, and thatā€™s messed up.

lemonslush

Wildtrak
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco, plaid S, xc90, rivian, element
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Youā€™re right, it is a ā€œhiddenā€ cost! Ford can use as many secret codes as they want, but for the consumer itā€™s unnecessarily confusing.

If you go to the B&P and select 4-door Black Diamond, scroll directly down to the Summary and under ā€œnet priceā€ you can click the Info button and see Base Price $40,940. Now, go back up to Powertrains and check the 4x4 with Full Time Drive box, and it will NOT tell you that thereā€™s a charge, and it will NOT show you a pop-up box with the cost listed (like it does with almost every other option), but now go back down to the Summary and youā€™ll notice the Base Price has changed to $41,735.

It never shows up in your itemized list of options, or on your window sticker. That is the definition of a hidden fee, and thatā€™s messed up.
It notes any 4 auto vehicile as a 4x4 Advanced on the top of the window sticker. Thats the indication it has the 4 auto (4wd) as its a different class of vehicle its a SUV not a 4x4. Its a stand alone option on black diamond and outer banks for 2023. On Base or BB its not a. stand alone option and choosing it gets you the SAS pkg. Its standard on BL and WT. I personally think its the best option available for a daily driver. It was my only must have and I ended up canceling my first order I found from dealer stock as it didn't have the 4 auto on a BD.

AK007

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Options have changed in price as well, when I compared my 21 and 22 Dora. I didnt realize it until months later when I was trying to see what my price protection would be going into 2023.
Sponsored