Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Turning 40 in September. 2-door. We currently have 4 doors and the 2 back ones never get used. Also, DINKS.

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

43 now, will probably be 44 when I get my 2-door.
One wife, no kids = DINKs

A little harsh to think 4-door = baggage. I'm getting a 2-door because I personally think they look better and I don't plan on carrying a lot of "baggage", including people other than my wife.

I'll leave this here...

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
So I’m kind of curious, I’ve been reading this forum for, I don’t know, two or three months, and I’m really surprised there isn’t more 2-Door purchasers.
so I’m just wondering what AGE is of most people buying a
2 door and a 4 -door,
because I think it’s a generational thing now.

When I was a kid you were your father or grandfather if you were driving a four-door. same with my dad! Of course I grew up in a HotRod Family (30’-50’s Cars)
So I was always told that 2 doors is what you want.

Maybe I was brainwashed, or a product of my time, but I always thought the 2 Doors look way better than 4 doors
(as far as proportions and everything)
and all those extra posts and windows!
Especially the vehicle like a Bronco because of the short wheelbase. You have to jack up a four-door way higher in order to have the same clearance.

biggest thing for me is I have the mindset of

2-door Means Freedom
4-Door means Baggage

Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad that young folks nowadays wanna include their family on a lot of stuff, but I still think Guys need to have their OWN freedom sometimes, and “Girls”Too I guess!!!

So mostly this is just out of curiosity

I’m 52 and I love2doors
What did tou order and how old are you?
Thanks Rick
Why don't you create an actual poll so we can see the results at a glance??? This is not a poll.

Sponsored

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm 51 going on 21, 2 door. It was a very hard decision because i want to load that bad boy up with camping gear. I just think the 2 door will be more fun to drive! I will have to load everything on the outside. That's where roof rack and bike rack will come into play.

So by the responses your getting, it sounds like your personal theory is debunked.

MSparks909

Badlands
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
29, no kids. Originally ordered a 4dr. but 99’d my order and will change to a 2dr. ManSquatch 😎

OP
OP
71to21-2DR

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

2 door Bronco for our family of three. Daughter is 11 and will be 12 before my MY22 Bronco arrives, so she can ride shotgun. (She has already called it.)
We already have a family trickster 3 row SUV for transporting gaggle of girlies around when the posse shows up.
Well yeah that’s kind of what I’m getting at,
Almost everyone already has a four-door truck, or SUV to haul all the baggage around, so why not have a 2-door to escape the old-dog-and-pony show….crying, spilling yelling, barking, bitching, whining on an on…. once in a while, is all I was wondering.

i’m out there and observe a lot of young families and unfortunately I see a lot of that!
I don’t know how you guys do it?
Better you than me is what I’m thinking all the time!!
LOL!

But all fun aside….
I totally get it, if it’s going to be your only vehicle.
But I must say, most people at least have two, or more 4-doors already?
at least in my area.
I’m not bagging on the four-door its cool for what it is.
(sure a lot better looking than everything else out there!)
I’m just curious as to “WHY” Thats all.
(Dont get your feelings all hurt people)
Like I was saying I guess it’s a generation thing!
And that’s all fine and dandy, I was just wondering
Thanks Rick

Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

45.8. 5 kids, 2 of which are in or out of College and 3 girls left at home who are 15, 16,17.
4 door for the experience for them to have going out with no doors, the extra cargo space for beach/mtn. camping trips.
If it were just me and the wife I'd have to think hard on the 2 dr. vs. 4dr. situation. Extra room and access to stuff is really nice.
But a very tight turning radius and fun short wheelbase shenanigans are as well.
We would be adventuring and kayaking, so probably a 4 dr even then as well as it would make more sense. Two 13', 90lb Kayaks fit better on a 4 dr although I'd put it on top of a Smart car if I had to in order to get to the water.

Krimzun

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP/JEEP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
46 kids are off in college and I grew up in a utilitarian family that did a lot of competitive sports water skiing, diving, running etc.. So for us its always been about the 4 Door and btw I also have owned muscle cars each has its use in the garage. A 2 door just simply can't hold all the things an active person or family needs without adding on roof toppers which IMO make it look ugly or having to bring a trailer, which in our case is going to be pulling a boat/jet skis.

Stick355

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Mach 1, 2020 Explorer ST, 2021 Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
47 - 2Dr.

If my kids can fit in the back of my Mustang, the 2dr will be like getting in a Limo for them!

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

4-door
39 with a wife and two teenagers
Function over form for me, more space means more flexibility and more freedom.

Of course, my experience with off-road is primarily HMMWVs and other military vehicles, so a 2-door doesn't say 'freedom' to me; it says 'you're missing the back of your vehicle again'.
(Okay, could be the front. We lost the front of a few vehicles too.)

And I already have to wait an inordinate amount of time for my kids to get out of the car in a 4-door. I am NOT going to add to that with moving seats. Seriously, how is that I am out of the car and waiting while you still don't even have your seatbelt undone?