Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R || 2019 Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is no black MIC. The MIC is the dark “carbonized gray.”

If you want a Black top, or any other color, you get the modular top.

There has been speculation about why the MIC is gray and not black... will it fade less than black and look better longer? Does it go with more colors? Is it to push people to the modular? Is it a materials science thing?

No one has shared the answer.
Interesting...it's true. Contrary to what people think Black doesn't go with everything. I didn't think of this...but I still wonder why it's not black.
Sponsored

Heymking

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
That’s what I was thinking it’d end up being. But the modular top is looking to be gloss back as the black option, right?
There is no black MIC. The MIC is the dark “carbonized gray.”

If you want a Black top, or any other color, you have to get the modular top.

There has been speculation about why the MIC is gray and not black... will it fade less than black and look better longer? Does it go with more colors? Is it to match the fenders, handles and mirrors? Is it to push people to the modular? Is it a materials science thing?

No one has shared the answer.

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s what I was thinking it’d end up being. But the modular top is looking to be gloss back as the black option, right?
that's what it seems like...and personally I don't want a gloss black. soooo, even when it comes out I don't want it. I guess my only option is MIC grey...

Sponsored

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

SharpGT500

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous 74, 78, 80, 84 II XLS. Current: 1974
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey guys...is this the MIC carbonized grey top or a prototype top? If this is the MIC carbonized grey...I feel it looks perfectly fine...

Another thing. Is the PAINTED black modular hard top only high gloss? So if I don't want a high gloss black (the one they are making late avail) are my only options

1) Black cloth (plan to get anyway)
2) MIC carbonized grey

i.e. there's no MIC Black or Shadow black top?

Ford Bronco Announcement: MIC Hardtop Option Only Initially. Black Painted Modular Hardtop Will Be Late Availability 030BF999-228B-4B5C-BA98-57CE4B561188
It does not look like that, that's the problem. It doesn't match the black flares, trim, or cowl. After seeing it in person, I was extremely disappointed. I hope since we can't get the painted tops, Ford will consider changing the MIC top to black. That's what it should be in the first place.

Ford Bronco Announcement: MIC Hardtop Option Only Initially. Black Painted Modular Hardtop Will Be Late Availability Shiny top 1
Ford Bronco Announcement: MIC Hardtop Option Only Initially. Black Painted Modular Hardtop Will Be Late Availability Shiny top 2

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It does not look like that, that's the problem. It doesn't match the black flares, trim, or cowl. After seeing it in person, I was extremely disappointed. I hope since we can't get the painted tops, Ford will consider changing the MIC top to black. That's what it should be in the first place.

Ford Bronco Announcement: MIC Hardtop Option Only Initially. Black Painted Modular Hardtop Will Be Late Availability Shiny top 2
Fuck eh...wtf. Lol. I'm kinda lost for words.

Out of interest, what did it feel like? Did it feel cheap ...cause it being grey kinda makes it look cheap. I think it would look okay with Cyber Orange, but any other colors...I doubt it.

https://www.change.org/p/ford-please-add-an-option-for-molded-in-black-hard-top-for-the-2021-bronco

Heymking

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
110% it should be flat black. I never would’ve guessed it would be gray unless you could pick between the two as standard “options” I guess. I get Ford trying to streamline reservations. But I’d think majority would want black as the streamlined color...

Sponsored

Heymking

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

110% it should be flat black. I never would’ve guessed it would be gray unless you could pick between the two as standard “options” I guess. I get Ford trying to streamline reservations. But I’d think majority would want black as the streamlined color...
For sure. I dunno what to do here to tell you the truth. I guess the option would be to order without MIC top, just get cloth top and hope the MIC black comes out at a later date? Fuck eh.

You prolly don't get much snow/cold down there in Austin...for me, cloth top all year is a no go.

SharpGT500

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous 74, 78, 80, 84 II XLS. Current: 1974
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fuck eh...wtf. Lol. I'm kinda lost for words.

Out of interest, what did it feel like? Did it feel cheap ...cause it being grey kinda makes it look cheap. I think it would look okay with Cyber Orange, but any other colors...I doubt it.

https://www.change.org/p/ford-please-add-an-option-for-molded-in-black-hard-top-for-the-2021-bronco
It has a grainy texture and looks shiny to me. It felt slick. I would be willing to get it painted satin black to match the flairs but I'm not sure how well the paint would stick to that material. The painted tops have a different outside skin.

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Hey guys...is this the MIC carbonized grey top or a prototype top? If this is the MIC carbonized grey...I feel it looks perfectly fine...

Another thing. Is the PAINTED black modular hard top only high gloss? So if I don't want a high gloss black (the one they are making late avail) are my only options

1) Black cloth (plan to get anyway)
2) MIC carbonized grey

i.e. there's no MIC Black or Shadow black top?

I don't know if that is a production top or not..what I can tell you is that is black....all day long. And it ties the entire rig together.
I am waiting the extra time for a black factory top.

Heymking

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
A hard top definitely isn’t a necessity for me. A want for sure with the intense Texas summer, and comfort. I just can’t be shelling out an extra $2k after the fact to get a black hard top.
For sure. I dunno what to do here to tell you the truth. I guess the option would be to order without MIC top, just get cloth top and hope the MIC black comes out at a later date? Fuck eh.

You prolly don't get much snow/cold down there in Austin...for me, cloth top all year is a no go.
Sponsored