First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Webasto is building a new plant for this project.
Is it going to be on line within schedule?

Why all of a sudden are they not going to be able to meet demand?

Is there an issue holding up production of the mod tops?

Are the delays Covid related?

I know you can only say so much, maybe even nothing. I don't hold any ill will.

Just saying Webasto has had problems keeping up with demand for JUST Jeep tops. Add in another customer and Covid and it ain't looking good for anybody to get anything other than MIC anytime soon.

Prediction, next top statement from Ford. No MIC for 4 doors, 2 doors are getting priority due to no soft top available.
Sponsored

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So,what is late availability date?
That's the million dollar question. We won't know until the first Wildtrak or FE rolls off the line with a Black modular top. But I'm sure Ford has a estimated dates.

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just make it BLACK like every other plastic part on the Bronco ... does not need to be painted, ex: 200,000 jeeps sold every year with black hard tops ... FCA making it look easy ... why is this so difficult for Ford ?

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Be interesting to see how the soft top is raised up for all the people thinking of waiting for painted modular top. I just went and put my soft top back on for winter and on my 2dr jeep, I have to climb on top of my rear 35” tires in order to do so. And Im 6’ and only running a 2” lift.

Bobthebuilder

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger SRT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford jumped the gun on cancelling X-Plan eligibility. They thought they had a winner... LOL - 60K for a molded black (grey in 18 months) top... even the Luxury interior is nothing to be proud of at this price point. - the launch is nothing like what we’ve been seeing. At 40K the vehicle looks like a Suzuki Grand Vitara, and at 60K I would rather have a 45K optioned Rubicon.

rak2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 - sold
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
For my personal usage, taste, and preference - I would be all in for a

METAL, NON-REMOVABLE, BODY PAINTED HARDTOP!

One loses the topless feature, but it seems like this approach provides less risk of future issues (leaks, fading, noise etc) and provides the owner a good surface for painting or wrapping with a color of choice (though Ford could certainly offer to pre-paint the metal roofs with white, black etc.).

rak2

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just got this email from Ford saying FE and Wildtrak MSRP will decrease due to late availability of the black-painted hardtop MIC will be the only initial choice.

Screenshot_20201022-140427_Gmail.jpg
-So do we end up paying the additional $1,895 added to the invoice @ the time we place the order ? Or does the discount remain for the inconvenience lol ?

-Does this apply to all models. I thought the Shadow Black top was an option for all trims but no mention in the bulletin. Or just FE/WT ?

-With so many cancelations does anyone else believe the wait time for the top will be quicker than we are anticipating?

Bobthebuilder

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger SRT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have they ever seen black plastic after exposed to the sun for 2-3 years? Base model Toyota’s, base model Honda’s, base model Fords.. what do they all have in common? Hint (base model, cheap, inexpensive, bought because they were significantly cheaper than upgrade). Nothing in the Build and price availability puts the value of the Bronco north of 45K. Not even the First edition. 3 years from now, your FE Bronco, with its ugly interior and faded black top will be depreciated to 25K

Sponsored

Warthog

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So to me, this sounds like if you want the mod top, you'll get it and not be pushed back with your rez...?
It's as if Ford just doesn't want to add it to B&P right now just in case most people wanna order it. Lol
So, nobody else order it except me! ?