First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Dealer offered me a half price on a rental from enterprise down the street. Said they didn't hace any loaners any longer.... I'm starting to question if Ford ever wants my business ever again.
Email ford reps from this site or call ford corporate. They have to offer you a loaner.
Sponsored

Imonamoose

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Moose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I also took delivery of my truck November of 22. And at 5700 miles cam phasers went out. So it’s something to do with the engines being built in that time frame. Ford quality gotten extremely bad .
What was your experience with this crap? How long was it down? Do you notice it driving different since you got it back?

I'm very concerned and don't know my next steps. Any advice or experience would be appreciated.

OP
OP
Mpali

Mpali

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What was your experience with this crap? How long was it down? Do you notice it driving different since you got it back?

I'm very concerned and don't know my next steps. Any advice or experience would be appreciated.
Week 7 and still at dealer . I still don’t have it . Some parts were on back order. They just got all the parts but now who knows when they complete the job.

OP
OP
Mpali

Mpali

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I

If you search the forum ,most guys were ok after the repair. One guy had his engine fail because of bad timing after few miles

Imonamoose

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Moose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I

If you search the forum ,most guys were ok after the repair. One guy had his engine fail because of bad timing after few miles
Thank you for the response. I appreciate the insight.

I'm having trouble figuring out the search feature on this site but I'll keep digging for those other threads you mention.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mpali

Mpali

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thank you for the response. I appreciate the insight.

I'm having trouble figuring out the search feature on this site but I'll keep digging for those other threads you mention.
Most members here say that the whole engine needs to come out to do the job. At dealer the service advisor told me it doesn’t but I will know after they do the job

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Service tech also told me they would be starting on Wednesday (7/5) when i dropped it off (7/1). Dealer has gone radio silent with no communication since.

I'm super bummed out and don't know whether to cut my loses and sell or hope for full warranty coverage and drive a lemon until the next thing breaks...
Radio silent? lol
They told you that they were going to start on it the same day you made this post.
I'd maybe give them a few days to actually make the repair before freaking out...

Imonamoose

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Moose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Imonamoose

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Moose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Radio silent? lol
They told you that they were going to start on it the same day you made this post.
I'd maybe give them a few days to actually make the repair before freaking out...
I said "bummed out" not "freaking out". Try and do a better job reading so we dont get our signals crossed.. Also, communication has not been fords strongest attribute during this experience, but you make a fair point, I'll give'em another 24 hrs before expecting any/better communication.

Thanks for your reply.

Sponsored

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting thread.

12k miles, 21 Badlands, zero issues. I guess I got a Tuesday build.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I said "bummed out" not "freaking out". Try and do a better job reading so we dont get our signals crossed.. Also, communication has not been fords strongest attribute during this experience, but you make a fair point, I'll give'em another 24 hrs before expecting any/better communication.

Thanks for your reply.
Talking about the cutting your losses and selling it, the vehicle potentially being a lemon and blaming the dearer for lack of communication and them being radio silent after less than a day and when they've clearly done a seemingly great job of communicating that they had the parts in stock, when to drop it off and when they would begin working on the vehicle.... you right, sounds much more like bummed than freaking.

Pulling the whole engine out and replacing the phasers pays around 17 hours warranty time, so don't be surprised if it takes more than 2 days.

Either way, hopefully they get you back on the road and you no longer have any issues.

Imonamoose

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Moose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Talking about the cutting your losses and selling it, the vehicle potentially being a lemon and blaming the dearer for lack of communication and them being radio silent after less than a day and when they've clearly done a seemingly great job of communicating that they had the parts in stock, when to drop it off and when they would begin working on the vehicle.... you right, sounds much more like bummed than freaking.

Pulling the whole engine out and replacing the phasers pays around 17 hours warranty time, so don't be surprised if it takes more than 2 days.

Either way, hopefully they get you back on the road and you no longer have any issues.
Yea, I'm in a mood. Sorry about that.

I genuinely appreciate your input.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yea, I'm in a mood. Sorry about that.

I genuinely appreciate your input.
All good. I totally understand that phaser failure at 6k miles is not something anyone wants to deal with.

Imonamoose

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Moose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was just sitting talking with an old.timer at the bar about this issue and we had a thought neither of us knew the answe to.

My 2022 badlands has the cold weather engine heater coil and plug since I live at a high elevation.

Would keeping the truck plugged in help alleviate the cam phaser rattle since it seems to be an oil/lubrication issue that occurs at cold start up?

Any logic to this?
Sponsored