Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco, 2017 F-350, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 2 door 2022 Bronco (September 2022 build date) is dealing with usual hard top cracks everywhere. Almost all my cracks are all around the windows on the back glass. Not to mention my passenger side rear portion of the hard tops makes nonstop creaking noises around the window. Overall, I really think the hard top on these Broncos are terrible, even if you have one of the newer tops like I have.

My dealer put a request into the Ford rep about covering for warranty because they have had multiple tops have similar issues but not covered under warranty. The Ford rep replied that it would not be covered unless it is leaking and the cracks are acceptable. But my dealer went above and beyond to help and put in a goodwill request to still try to get it covered. They agreed to cover it as goodwill, but not through warranty. But this will only be a one time only goodwill replacement they said.

With all that being said, the dealer is telling me the tops have to be ordered in all individual pieces. Even for the back portion (which I assumed would at least be one complete shell for the rear), assembled, glass removed from old top, and new headliner glued in. There is a lot of parts for this replacement. This leads me to believe I will likely end up with more problems than I started with by doing this top replacement. My dealer has never done a complete top replacement like this yet.

Those of you that have had your hard tops replaced, was it overall successful? Worth it? Or still dealing with the same issues? (cracks, creaking, noise, ect.). I know this is going to be an expensive replacement for the dealer. My next thought was to just give up on these hard tops and see if they can do the Besttop soft top that Ford sells instead of a hardtop replacement. This would be a much cheaper option overall, sold by Ford, and wont have to worry about any more of these hard top issues. I have not brought this option up to the dealer yet, and dont even know if its an option. But figured overall this may just be the better route. Thoughts on giving up on the hard top and just going Besttop? I'll lose my roof rack option which sucks if I do that route, but think it would be worth it. I've attached a couple photos just showing one area , but cracks are all around similar to these.

Ford Bronco Another Cracked Hard Top Hardto
Ford Bronco Another Cracked Hard Top Hardtop2
Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

They all have that, or will. Mine got denied as well.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

LCW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does that happen on its own? Or is it from removing the hard top and it flexing a bit when doing that operation?

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Had the top replaced under warranty on my wife’s bronco that wasn’t nearly that bad. Someone is missing the boat here.
The cracks happened on my wife’s bronco with the top never being removed or the bronco being off-roaded.

Sponsored

Sapper5

Base
First Name
Paolo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Ford Explorer XLT & 2004 Ford Ranger FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My bronco was also a Sep 22 build date and hard top experienced stress cracks in the same location, though not quite as bad. My dealer warrantied replacement under the existing TSB and replaced the rear clamshell only. All the glass ( back and sides) were transferred over to the new top by an auto glass company that the dealership uses. The whole ordeal did not take more than a month or so to receive the hard top, and another two days to do the top replacement.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
My 2 door 2022 Bronco (September 2022 build date) is dealing with usual hard top cracks everywhere. Almost all my cracks are all around the windows on the back glass. Not to mention my passenger side rear portion of the hard tops makes nonstop creaking noises around the window. Overall, I really think the hard top on these Broncos are terrible, even if you have one of the newer tops like I have.

My dealer put a request into the Ford rep about covering for warranty because they have had multiple tops have similar issues but not covered under warranty. The Ford rep replied that it would not be covered unless it is leaking and the cracks are acceptable. But my dealer went above and beyond to help and put in a goodwill request to still try to get it covered. They agreed to cover it as goodwill, but not through warranty. But this will only be a one time only goodwill replacement they said.

With all that being said, the dealer is telling me the tops have to be ordered in all individual pieces. Even for the back portion (which I assumed would at least be one complete shell for the rear), assembled, glass removed from old top, and new headliner glued in. There is a lot of parts for this replacement. This leads me to believe I will likely end up with more problems than I started with by doing this top replacement. My dealer has never done a complete top replacement like this yet.

Those of you that have had your hard tops replaced, was it overall successful? Worth it? Or still dealing with the same issues? (cracks, creaking, noise, ect.). I know this is going to be an expensive replacement for the dealer. My next thought was to just give up on these hard tops and see if they can do the Besttop soft top that Ford sells instead of a hardtop replacement. This would be a much cheaper option overall, sold by Ford, and wont have to worry about any more of these hard top issues. I have not brought this option up to the dealer yet, and dont even know if its an option. But figured overall this may just be the better route. Thoughts on giving up on the hard top and just going Besttop? I'll lose my roof rack option which sucks if I do that route, but think it would be worth it. I've attached a couple photos just showing one area , but cracks are all around similar to these.

Did you happen to drive around a lot with the top panels removed, but the rear clamshell still installed? There has been some discussion if using that way could be a cause of certain cracks. Obviously the tops should not crack regardless, but just looking for any common denominators for people experiencing various types of cracks.

Rick U

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That should be covered by warranty and if the new one has problems that should be too. Show that tsb to your dealer so they know you know and quit playing games. If they have to replace it 10 times, that’s their problem. Part of what you paid for was the warranty.

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I’d get the new top and sell it, take that money and buy aftermarket hard top before trading it out for a soft top through Ford.

Luckily no issues here, but that’s what I plan on doing if the issues you’re experiencing arise.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BricknoseBronco

BricknoseBronco

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you happen to drive around a lot with the top panels removed, but the rear clamshell still installed? There has been some discussion if using that way could be a cause of certain cracks. Obviously the tops should not crack regardless, but just looking for any common denominators for people experiencing various types of cracks.
When my front panels are off, I always open my rear glass. I drove it one time down the road with just the top panels off and didnt open the back glass. It was obnoxious with the thumping. Opened the back glass and problem solved. This is definitely not the issue regardless. Its obvious the manufacturing of these tops is poor. The location of my cracks is all around the side glass. I do not have any cracks that ive seen on the top portion.

OP
OP
BricknoseBronco

BricknoseBronco

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That should be covered by warranty and if the new one has problems that should be too. Show that tsb to your dealer so they know you know and quit playing games. If they have to replace it 10 times, that’s their problem. Part of what you paid for was the warranty.
Which TSB are you referencing? The only one I saw does NOT cover cracks. And the Ford rep was actually the one to make the call. The dealer wanted to turn it in for warranty but was cautious due to past claims from Ford getting denied with cracks just like this. So the Ford rep for the dealer is actually the one that said it is not a warrantable failure to have cracks if it is not leaking.

OP
OP
BricknoseBronco

BricknoseBronco

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
BricknoseBronco

BricknoseBronco

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’d get the new top and sell it, take that money and buy aftermarket hard top before trading it out for a soft top through Ford.

Luckily no issues here, but that’s what I plan on doing if the issues you’re experiencing arise.
The problem is there isnt really a market for 2 door hard tops. If it was a 4 door Id for sure go that route. There also isnt a 2 door aftermarket hard top option thats out yet.

Rick U

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can’t find the tsb but I’ll keep looking. It addresses specifically the cracks and refers to the cracks as structural failure.
Sponsored