Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This is not me, I blacked their name out out of respect. If you want to go find who it is join the page and search.

260B32B3-B759-410B-AB08-145A793DFAF2.jpeg
He could have took ownership then sold it for 20K mark up next day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored

2021badlands bronco bob

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You donā€™t finalize a contract on a smile, a handshake, or a friendship. None of those things stand up in court. Most folks are honorable and will stand by their word; but it they donā€™t, you have zero recourse. With costs for transport having escalated between order and purchase, and with stock numbers and sales numbers down, and with anticipated warranty work and recalls growing more evident to the dealer (work for which Ford pays their dealers a mere cost-covering pittance), the ā€œjustificationā€ for raising your ā€œagreedā€ price just grows. At the end of the day, the Dealer needs to remain profitable and keep their staff employed and pay their rent.

God help you if you donā€™t have a signed offer to purchase with down payment.
Oh you mean like the mob. We get it.šŸ™ˆ

LPETTIS4

Outer Banks
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is this something dealers do with other special order cars? Like if I went in and ordered a custom mustang, could I expect to have to renegotiate the price once it was delivered? I always assumed that a custom ordered car is YOUR car, not the dealers, so the notion that they get to play hardball with you after it's delivered/change the price would be a breach of contract - particularly if they subsequently sell it for more money.
My thoughts exactly. I have custom ordered two Camaros and never once did I have to worry about the price changing from the build print out.

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My thoughts exactly. I have custom ordered two Camaros and never once did I have to worry about the price changing from the build print out.
And you never had to wait a year between time of order and time of build, nor had the cost of steel, aluminum, electronics and shipping explode that cost to build for the manufacturer.

If you were to take a dealer mark up to court before a judge, he or she would box your ears for not having a contract. No pity. None.

ATLColonial

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

And you never had to wait a year between time of order and time of build, nor had the cost of steel, aluminum, electronics and shipping explode that cost to build for the manufacturer.

If you were to take a dealer mark up to court before a judge, he or she would box your ears for not having a contract. No pity. None.
As a lawyer, I disagree. If the parties agree to a price, and the dealer doesn't deliver because the price no longer is profitable to him, then that's the dealers problem, not the buyers.

Sponsored

LPETTIS4

Outer Banks
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

I did have to wait awhile on my Camaro to be built. The point is a custom ordered vehicle should be the price if your build print out.

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My dad bought from Ricart from the late '70s thru mid '00s. They're still a great outfit if you want a quick, smooth transaction to get something off the lot. Wouldn't trust them with a custom order to save my life.

My cousin is the Sr. GM for the Coughlin family and runs their new Ford palace about 10 minutes up the road from me. They do big volume but are much more customer-centered.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wish I had known flexpay 84mo was an option when I proposed to my wife...
Coincidentally (or not?), 84 months = 7 year itch. šŸ’€

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
MoonbeamšŸ‘€
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ricart specifically said they would not charge above msrp on their website for reservations when reservations came out last year

Ricart Ford Promise: We are not charging over MSRP for the 2021 Ford Bronco and will also include a Lifetime Warranty for no additional charge. We will honor all factory rebates and Private Offers and discounts for Plan customers allowed by Ford Motor Company. We will provide a transparent and enjoyable purchase experience with NO surprises.

Reserve your new Ford Bronco today!

https://www.ricartford.com/2021-Ford-Bronco-Columbus-Oh

Last edited:

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honest question. What is the significance of Ford's "Price Protection" if unscrupulous dealers can charge whatever they want? Seems like it's a feel good publicity statement, but actually holds no value.

And for those that have offers in writing, it would be a simple case to claim that was a MY21 order offer. Not MY22, MY23....I'm not personally concerned being with Granger, but could see it being an issue for some.
Great question, as this is a very important distinction that seems to be lost on many people:

Ford's "Price Protection" is a commitment from Ford corporate that they wont raise MSRP for people who reserved or ordered before a specific date.

But MSRP is just their "suggested" price... the dealership is always allowed to charge whatever in the world they want for a vehicle they are selling, including markup.

If your negotiated price at the time of order was based off of MSRP (or Invoice), then your negotiated price will not change if your order becomes a MY22.

If however you did not negotiate a price at order, or your negotiated price was not tied to MSRP, then Ford's price lock means nothing.

Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You donā€™t finalize a contract on a smile, a handshake, or a friendship. None of those things stand up in court. Most folks are honorable and will stand by their word; but it they donā€™t, you have zero recourse. With costs for transport having escalated between order and purchase, and with stock numbers and sales numbers down, and with anticipated warranty work and recalls growing more evident to the dealer (work for which Ford pays their dealers a mere cost-covering pittance), the ā€œjustificationā€ for raising your ā€œagreedā€ price just grows. At the end of the day, the Dealer needs to remain profitable and keep their staff employed and pay their rent.

God help you if you donā€™t have a signed offer to purchase with down payment.
Well, since no one gets a VIN when they get a written agreement on price, legally the dealership has committed to nothing. If the Bronco you ordered comes in, and you don't like it, or your circumstances change and you can't afford to buy your Bronco, do you think the signed document on price you have legally binds you to buy it at that price? Do you think the dealer would take you to court and have a judge legally force you to buy the Bronco at the agreed to price?

Until you have a sales contract with a VIN attached to it, the written and signed price agreement you got in Jan - March is worth the signed paper it's printed on.

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

As a lawyer, I disagree. If the parties agree to a price, and the dealer doesn't deliver because the price no longer is profitable to him, then that's the dealers problem, not the buyers.
You donā€™t win many cases, I take it?

ATLColonial

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You donā€™t win many cases, I take it?
I'm sorry, do you? Are you an expert on dealership law or just someone trying to flex on people who likely got exactly the same paperwork you did at time of order? It amazes me how many people on this forum take the dealers' side and shit on other people because they didn't get the dealer to scribble something on the order form, as if that would be any more enforceable than an email exchange stating what the price would be.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wish I had known flexpay 84mo was an option when I proposed to my wife...
Ooooooh, I'm tellin'.........................:)
Sponsored