First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, Mustang, Explorer, S2000, Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, there are a ton of these threads, but I did a couple of things I hadn't seen before, so...

Ford Bronco Another DIY Rear Cargo Platform IMG_8243.JPG

The fridge is the Ford Accessory unit, and I will connect it to a battery that's charged from the trucks 12v. The straps are just a tie-down I had laying around in the garage. The big orange handle is a 1/2" clevis pin to secure the pull out in one of two positions. I didn't know that locking drawer rails were available, and this is way cheaper anyway.

Ford Bronco Another DIY Rear Cargo Platform IMG_8240.JPG

I used J hooks to tie the platform to the cargo loops on the floor. I capped them with eye nuts to keep anything from getting scraped by the exposed threads and make a tie down loop for my cargo net.

Ford Bronco Another DIY Rear Cargo Platform IMG_8238.JPG

So, this will be my camp kitchen. Although the early 1960's vintage Coleman stove will be replaced with something a little (a lot) more modern!

Ford Bronco Another DIY Rear Cargo Platform IMG_8245.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Very nice, and creative! Looks great!

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nice, use of the ”J” hooks was an excellent idea. :love: but that Coleman stove is the bomb.:love:

OP
OP
LA Pick

LA Pick

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice, use of the ”J” hooks was an excellent idea. :love: but that Coleman stove is the bomb.:love:
Thanks! The stove was the one my dad bought in the 50s, and I intend to refurbish it. But I'll still get the Camp Chef Everest and a 5 pound propane tank for the ultimate camp kitchen.

Sponsored

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks! The stove was the one my dad bought in the 50s, and I intend to refurbish it. But I'll still get the Camp Chef Everest and a 5 pound propane tank for the ultimate camp kitchen.
No looking back wish I still had the one from when I was kid.

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have a similar stove. I do not know the vintage except it is the same size, but a textured silver aluminum body instead of the Coleman Green were all used to seeing. My mom's family camped with it when they were growing up. I'm still using mine on a regular basis, but with a propane conversion kit, having lost patience with white gas when I was young.

BroncoStile

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have been planning something similar to this. I am going to add a hatch above the drawer so the jack can be accessed when the drawer is pulled all the way out. I am also thinking of making it a bit taller than the back seat. Id add a spring loaded flap to help level it out when folded flat. The rear seat is at an angle when folded so the flap would help level it out more.

I like your J-hook idea. I am working on shorter J-hooks attached to a bolt through the deck with a long nut to connect them and tighten it all down.

OP
OP
LA Pick

LA Pick

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like your J-hook idea. I am working on shorter J-hooks attached to a bolt through the deck with a long nut to connect them and tighten it all down.
The length of the J-hooks are to allow them enough length to hook the tie down in the front pair. You just can't get your hand under to engage the tie down otherwise. It still takes a bit of patience. Also, I put a threaded loop on the exposed threads to act as a new tie down and protect anything from getting scraped by the exposed threads. I got a cargo net that spans the four new tie downs.

Sponsored

BroncoStile

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think with the added height I can access it with the seats down. Still trying to figure out all the details though and yours is finished.