Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RSQ8
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Hi all! I got to the table and my dealer is saying I don’t qualify for price lock.
I was a part of the golden ticket program and my order got bumped from 2022 to 2023.
Placed my order sept 2022 for the 2023 year.

anyone have any insights other than the sales rep telling me no? I really don’t want to pt 10k more.
Sponsored

Internationalraptor

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Scout 2
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Watching!

Mine finally has a build date and no communication from dealer regarding price protection. If I don’t get it I’m planning on canceling before the build date. I can’t stand the thought of seeing my Raptor driving the other way when I’m out and about.

350vudu

Raptor
First Name
350vudu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2019 Ducati V4S Corse
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Watching!

Mine finally has a build date and no communication from dealer regarding price protection. If I don’t get it I’m planning on canceling before the build date. I can’t stand the thought of seeing my Raptor driving the other way when I’m out and about.
If you cancel, your dealer actually won’t cancel the order. They will keep it in the system and sell it to someone else when it arrives.

Raptors are handled differently since they are awarded to dealers on an allocation basis.

Internationalraptor

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Scout 2
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I’m going to attempt to cancel at the manufacturer level not dealer level. Don’t know if it’ll work but no way in hell I’m paying 106k

OP
OP

ATXGuy

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RSQ8
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Watching!

Sales guy told me no multiple times. Said he listened to a call with their Ford Dealer Network and the person said I’m NOT eligible. Showed me a picture with vague language saying the Raptor is NOT eligible for price lock (I read what he showed me and said my interpretation was specific Raptor orders are eligible). I tried to remain calm but was shocked, and told him his info is opposite to everything I know and have heard, and I didn’t hear his call so I don’t trust it. GM comes out - we decide to table it for the day but not before a test drive.

Instantly fall in love and decide to buy the car at the new MSRP, but they need to confirm the price. The dealer says it is a rebate anyways and they will still check if I am eligible, and provide a rebate if so.

As I’m leaving the dealership with the news keys, the person handling all the Bronco orders says they confirmed with the top of the totem pole and I AM eligible and will get the delta back in ~60 days.

it was a LONG ordeal. The truck is SWEET.

Sponsored

HighVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Scrambler, Ferrari 458
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Jesus. For that kind of money I'm either spending a little bit more and getting an F150 Raptor R or spending a little bit less and getting a Wrangler 392.

Cancel the damn thing, you're better off without it.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Congrats! The BRaptor is very nice. I think people are in love with a V8. I always say, do you. I built out my RIG to stand apart and on her own. If I would have not, I may have bought the Raptor as well.

Enjoy it. No, let the mods....BEGIN!

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I didn't think you could order a '23 in Sept '22. If your dealer ordered or even reordered for you early in '23 you should get a huge refund - all of the many '23 price increases (but you shouldn't have had to pay it, and importantly the sales tax on it in the first place). Enjoy!

Internationalraptor

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Scout 2
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Sales guy told me no multiple times. Said he listened to a call with their Ford Dealer Network and the person said I’m NOT eligible. Showed me a picture with vague language saying the Raptor is NOT eligible for price lock (I read what he showed me and said my interpretation was specific Raptor orders are eligible). I tried to remain calm but was shocked, and told him his info is opposite to everything I know and have heard, and I didn’t hear his call so I don’t trust it. GM comes out - we decide to table it for the day but not before a test drive.

Instantly fall in love and decide to buy the car at the new MSRP, but they need to confirm the price. The dealer says it is a rebate anyways and they will still check if I am eligible, and provide a rebate if so.

As I’m leaving the dealership with the news keys, the person handling all the Bronco orders says they confirmed with the top of the totem pole and I AM eligible and will get the delta back in ~60 days.

So you are getting the difference between what you originally signed paperwork for and the current sticker price? If so then you’re still paying additional sales tax on that difference correct? Here in Michigan that’s like an extra 900+ bucks. And too me that sucks and isn’t fair.

'18 M2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Warthog
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Jesus. For that kind of money I'm either spending a little bit more and getting an F150 Raptor R or spending a little bit less and getting a Wrangler 392.

Cancel the damn thing, you're better off without it.
If you could find one (you can’t) you’re going to spend a ton more to procure a Raptor R. Not to mention it’s a completely different vehicle built with a different purpose.

Sponsored

2021WILDTRAKCDH

Wildtrak
First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Can you PM me and tell me what your dealer had to do to get the rebate. I’m having zero luck.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I just got mine at end of June and got Price Protection back to my order date. I was NOT a golden ticket holder and from everything I have seen - golden ticket holders have more leverage than regular order - the Golden Ticket is allocated to YOU not the dealership - which means you can get Ford Corporate to move it - if you find a dealer willing to accept it and deal at MSRP. Good luck. I've had quite a journey with getting mine and have had some very frank conversations with Ford Corporate and the Zone Rep.

stumpm2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Bronco, 2012 F350, 2019 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
To get same model year price protection the order needed to be a retail order and not dealer stock order. Customer Order Verification (COVP) is required at the time of order is placed and accepted by Ford. All sales information (name, address, email) at time of delivery needs to match COVP information at time order was placed.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I didn't think you could order a '23 in Sept '22. If your dealer ordered or even reordered for you early in '23 you should get a huge refund - all of the many '23 price increases (but you shouldn't have had to pay it, and importantly the sales tax on it in the first place). Enjoy!
Mine was done on 9/27. They started in around 9/24 but the systems are always overloaded the first couple days.
Sponsored