Sponsored

Any aftermarket Sway Bar Disconnects at SEMA?

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
F450, Jeep XJ, Porsche 911, 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does the Bad Lands with Sasquatch keep the sway bar disconnect?

Yes, it does.

To the above point about the disconnected sway bar contacting the CV axle, in a conversation with Ryan at 4WP he said they played with it disconnected and depending on how it's done there is potential for the end of the sway bar to contact the rubber CV boot. All stuff to be worked out. As much talk as there has been, and as important and common as sway bar disconnects are on Jeeps, you'd thing someone would be working out a product for this.

Of course, as we've seen on this forum, most people are going for bling, and not performance. Number one thing talked about here is adding lights. All of the aftermarket bumpers are relatively ugly because they all have to leave room for adding a bunch of lights. How about a clean, simple light weight bumper (no lights) and some sway bar quick disconnects? Please? :giggle:
Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Does the Bad Lands with Sasquatch keep the sway bar disconnect?

Ok, easy one first.

Yes. 😁

any Badlands and First Edition only 2 with a disco.

Last edited:

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Judging by the fact that the sway bar goes over top of the CV shaft and that Bronco's have a lot of wheel travel before hitting bump stop I think the CV shaft will contact the sway bar / link when installed like this.

Not mine. I just reposted what I have found. I follow the guy on IG and has not said any problems, says it works great.

😁

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am ignorant here and wanting to understand how it works and what you are describing a bit better. When the sway bar link is connected to the control arm, does the sway bar move up with the control arm, preventing the contact you mention? I’m also curious how the electronic disconnect works. What would it be doing to get the sway bar out of the way?

A sway bar controls the "roll" of a vehicle. Turn the wheel left and one side will dive down while the other will push up. a sway bar controls that motion. It stops one side from going down and the other side from going up. Helps control the "roll".

😁

Good read here, instead of me typing. ;)

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...er-bar-disconnect-technical-information.5659/

😁

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That's what people keep saying....I am just skeptical, because when I had my FJ, no one really ever came to market with quick-disconnect for that IFS system, or IFS systems in general. Bigger companies seem hesitant to do it. I have heard over and over that "there will be lot's of options"...but nothing actually seen as prototype or actually on the market.

I am surprised there are not more also. But then again companies are making fancy outer tie rod ends when it is the inner that breaks. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: But then again that is what you get when you lift something and not correct other areas to match. ;)

Hell, if companies don't want to make one, I will just fab my own. :)

Last edited:

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes, it does.

To the above point about the disconnected sway bar contacting the CV axle, in a conversation with Ryan at 4WP he said they played with it disconnected and depending on how it's done there is potential for the end of the sway bar to contact the rubber CV boot. All stuff to be worked out. As much talk as there has been, and as important and common as sway bar disconnects are on Jeeps, you'd thing someone would be working out a product for this.

Of course, as we've seen on this forum, most people are going for bling, and not performance. Number one thing talked about here is adding lights. All of the aftermarket bumpers are relatively ugly because they all have to leave room for adding a bunch of lights. How about a clean, simple light weight bumper (no lights) and some sway bar quick disconnects? Please? :giggle:

Only bumpers I have seen that I like are Fun-Haver ones. 😁 ......prob because a racer designed them. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There will certainly be several on the market soon. Plenty of reasons to get the Badlands, like the gears and axles, but the disconnect isn't one of them. Just something more to break, as I think some have already found out.
Are you referring to the tie rod ends? I haven't heard of the sway bar disconnect breaking yet.

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

A sway bar controls the "roll" of a vehicle. Turn the wheel left and one side will dive down while the other will push up. a sway bar controls that motion. It stops one side from going down and the other side from going up. Helps control the "roll".

😁

Good read here, instead of me typing. ;)

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...er-bar-disconnect-technical-information.5659/

😁
Thanks for the pointer. I was specifically talking about how the link affects the sway bar when suspension is compressed in order to get it out of the way from hitting the CV boot. I was thinking the sway bar does more of a twist action

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks for the pointer. I was specifically talking about how the link affects the sway bar when suspension is compressed in order to get it out of the way from hitting the CV boot. I was thinking the sway bar does more of a twist action

Yes, it will twist when connected to the control arms on each side.

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes, it will twist when connected to the control arms on each side.
Man that other post has some awesome info. The animation explained a ton to me in 30 seconds. The electronic disconnect looks awesome, and complex 😆

Sponsored

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
F450, Jeep XJ, Porsche 911, 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Only bumpers I have seen that I like are Fun-Haver ones. 😁 ......prob because a racer designed them. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Yeah, two racers. :giggle:

Six weeks and I'll get to talk to them and get a close look at those 4600 class Broncos. And see if they are going to make sway bar disconnects. 😁

Kliner11

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
ACFABB.com

just installed these from ACFABB check them out on Instagram. They are built like a tank. Highly recommend them. They are help up with supplied Velcro straps.

7F5C030D-571A-4C3E-98D4-59D3223824B2.jpeg
Sponsored