Sponsored

Any aftermarket Sway Bar Disconnects at SEMA?

Alienpilot

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (2-Dr)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have been patiently waiting for an aftermarket sway bar disconnect for the MY21 Ford Bronco.

To no avail, I've switched my Base Sasquatch to a Badlands Sasquatch because of the availability of the sway bar disconnect.

If there's one out there, please let me know before I get my VIN and pay $10K+ for it.

Thanks

"Not just for the disconnect but other reasons as well"
Sponsored

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you’re talking about an electronically actuated disconnect, there will likely never be anything like that released due to cost and complexity, as well as the fact that you can manually DC end links for free and the most popular trim (BL) already has it.

If you are referring to manual quick disconnects of the end links at the LCA attachment point, there are none that I’ve heard. I have a buddy there now and specifically asked him to look around for anyone making a set, nothing that I’ve heard back so far.

These will come in due time. It’s a simple part that really just replaces the end links with a QD end. FWIW you can still disconnect your sway bar end links manually with a ratchet, a wrench and two zip ties in about five minutes.

awall987

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 LJ, '23 2dr BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Being a BaseSquatch I would be interested in these as well. I know everyone says just get manual disconnects, but I know on my FJ they are pretty hard to come by. So hopefully someone makes some.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There will certainly be several on the market soon. Plenty of reasons to get the Badlands, like the gears and axles, but the disconnect isn't one of them. Just something more to break, as I think some have already found out.

I figure my swaybar's days are numbered.

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you’re talking about an electronically actuated disconnect, there will likely never be anything like that released due to cost and complexity, as well as the fact that you can manually DC end links for free and the most popular trim (BL) already has it.

If you are referring to manual quick disconnects of the end links at the LCA attachment point, there are none that I’ve heard. I have a buddy there now and specifically asked him to look around for anyone making a set, nothing that I’ve heard back so far.

These will come in due time. It’s a simple part that really just replaces the end links with a QD end. FWIW you can still disconnect your sway bar end links manually with a ratchet, a wrench and two zip ties in about five minutes.
Do you have a video or something to show how it’s done or is it just figure it out under there. Or have you done it yourself.

Sponsored

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I wanted disconnect in the WT.

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Being a BaseSquatch I would be interested in these as well. I know everyone says just get manual disconnects, but I know on my FJ they are pretty hard to come by. So hopefully someone makes some.
I think I’m not getting the definition here. As far as I understand manual disconnects are just in bolting the sway bar.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

BroncoAdventures

Base
First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 ford escape titanium ,1991 toyota 4x4 22re
Your Bronco Model
Base

Bronkers

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
FWIW you can still disconnect your sway bar end links manually with a ratchet, a wrench and two zip ties in about five minutes.
Seconding this for real life experience, video, etc - has anyone actually tried this yet and documented?

Sponsored

Rkgzx9leftcoast

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Im hoping Rock Jock or another company comes out with a torsional sway bar for the bronco.....

rcman989

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Judging by the fact that the sway bar goes over top of the CV shaft and that Bronco's have a lot of wheel travel before hitting bump stop I think the CV shaft will contact the sway bar / link when installed like this.

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Judging by the fact that the sway bar goes over top of the CV shaft and that Bronco's have a lot of wheel travel before hitting bump stop I think the CV shaft will contact the sway bar / link when installed like this.
I am ignorant here and wanting to understand how it works and what you are describing a bit better. When the sway bar link is connected to the control arm, does the sway bar move up with the control arm, preventing the contact you mention? I’m also curious how the electronic disconnect works. What would it be doing to get the sway bar out of the way?

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There will certainly be several on the market soon. Plenty of reasons to get the Badlands, like the gears and axles, but the disconnect isn't one of them. Just something more to break, as I think some have already found out.

I figure my swaybar's days are numbered.
That's what people keep saying....I am just skeptical, because when I had my FJ, no one really ever came to market with quick-disconnect for that IFS system, or IFS systems in general. Bigger companies seem hesitant to do it. I have heard over and over that "there will be lot's of options"...but nothing actually seen as prototype or actually on the market.

Happy

Black Diamond
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ5, Wagoneer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Does the Bad Lands with Sasquatch keep the sway bar disconnect?
Sponsored