Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Curious how much of a PITA it is to reconnect sway bar with the ACfabs variant?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Manda13

Manda13

Outer Banks
First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just got back from Moab and ended up disconnecting my sway bar manually using Velcro straps to hold them in place for the week and reconnecting them before we headed home. It worked well having them disconnected but it did have quite a bit of body roll at highway speeds making turns. I have a 2021 so no rear sway bar so we reconnected before heading home to Texas.

We did have the bust out the jack to be able to reconnect them easier. I think that would have been necessary with or without the quick disconnect. Worth it for the week we spent in Moab but probably not worth it for day trips.

We still pulled a tire 3-4 feet in the air on Top of the World so glad we disconnected, probably would have flipped it without disconnecting.

IMG_3832.jpeg

HmrHmr23

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BlackWidow
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have the AC Fabs installed but I also like to leave them disconnected for everyday driving. I notice a bit more roll but not crazy. I haven't had to do any sudden moves yet so maybe that's where it'll be a problem. I do like that the ride seems even more smooth without the bar connected.
Do you notice with the AC fabs when they are connected and you are on a bumpy road or on the paved road that they are very noisy?

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Do you notice with the AC fabs when they are connected and you are on a bumpy road or on the paved road that they are very noisy?
You gotta keep them lubed up and make sure the o-ring is intact. I personally used a liberal amount of fluid film. Have a pair of gloves and a rag on hand for removal/reconnecting.

He also recently updated the upper heim to be studded as opposed to bolted. Supposedly more articulation and less likely to fail.

Last edited:

fordbroncowildtrak2023

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes, they were noisy on all surfaces. I lubed them up but it didn't make it fully go away. It wasn't a huge issue but it was noticeable. I still run them disconnected all the time which eliminates the noise.

Sponsored

One more upgrade

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe Mogush
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Tesla Plaid X 22 Escalade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Has anyone seen these sway bar quick disconnects from PLM? https://privatelabelmfg.com/product...AGUQNDYieF86f1_jgY-INblQC_Tk7Z-L3KHZsbcsdqZ8c

Ford Bronco Sway bar quick disconnects IMG_3832

Quite interested since they are currently almost half the price of the ones ACFab offers but are in pre-order Thoughts?
Save yourself the hassle, and get a Curry AntiRock. I have tried disconnects, and they wear out and eventually fail. Once the Antirock is appropriately adjusted, you will never even think about your sway bar being gone. I love mine; the vehicle is always planted, and you never have to worry about your sway re-engaging. In my opinion, the disconnects are a pain in the butt to use as well.

8rent

Heritage
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Just got back from Moab and ended up disconnecting my sway bar manually using Velcro straps to hold them in place for the week and reconnecting them before we headed home. It worked well having them disconnected but it did have quite a bit of body roll at highway speeds making turns. I have a 2021 so no rear sway bar so we reconnected before heading home to Texas.

We did have the bust out the jack to be able to reconnect them easier. I think that would have been necessary with or without the quick disconnect. Worth it for the week we spent in Moab but probably not worth it for day trips.

We still pulled a tire 3-4 feet in the air on Top of the World so glad we disconnected, probably would have flipped it without disconnecting.

How did you disconnect it? I tried on my Heritage on one side and could only get it to come an inch up in the hole through the lower control arm. Not even close to all the way out. I had one side of the car jacked up until the wheel was off the ground.

IMG_7269.JPEG

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
V2.0 is MUCH better.

Ford Bronco Sway bar quick disconnects IMG_6002

A big shout out to Oscar for always standing behind his product. I installed one of his v1.0 sets early on and he never missed a beat when a component failed or needed an upgrade. Now I’m essentially running the newest model with shorter aluminum body (so much easier to adjust, no rust and all left handed threaded), studded upper heims and welded lower brackets. The quality and sourcing of the heims is so much better this time around.
Sponsored