First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes, exactly my AC fabs have been on for six months and now all of a sudden are making tons of noise and seem to not allow proper articulation and causing premature wear on sway bar mount bushing
Is your lower mount welded or bolted on? He started welding them and will send you a replacement. I also just keep it lubed up with fluid film. No noises. The o-ring is a wear item.
Sponsored

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Is your lower mount welded or bolted on? He started welding them and will send you a replacement. I also just keep it lubed up with fluid film. No noises. The o-ring is a wear item.
The new weld snapped on this one. This is the owners 3rd set. From the original to the latest model. All have broke. We do run our stuff hard but my Jeep has been running the same set for a long time with no issues. The geometry just isn’t there, and difficult to disconnect and reconnect (just due to location, not design).

EA840B31-D471-4282-8F68-6C6D973B96C8.jpeg

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@popo_patty - damn! But, why are they attached while wheeling to cause the failure? It’s definitely not super convenient - but, I disconnect for any sort of technical trail and drive home with it disconnected and use a jack to realign. It’s not terribly time consuming. But, I definitely don’t wheel as hard as you guys.

CrystalRedTintCoat

Wildtrak
First Name
BertJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco Wildtrak; ‘13 Camaro 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Anti rocks are very favored by Jeepers but i agree. Not a lot of feedback yet. Maybe I’ll try and snag several different types and try em out.
I would love to grab the Walker Evan’s, the anti rocks, the Carli, the disconnects, and the new one I’ve seen float around (not sure where or what it is again..). Show installs, talk about real world differences, pros and cons and then post CTI results, high speed feel, cornering feel, etc.

I have the Broncos, I have access to the CTI ramp and I have an off-road track, I have the channel. I just need the parts….
PpP, are you any closer to being able to compare these three? Without “data” which would you hand off post-tax dollars for? I’m leaning towards Carli but I don‘t know why really…

Sponsored

CrystalRedTintCoat

Wildtrak
First Name
BertJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Tying this thread to another …

The three auto disconnects or articulating options I've looked at:

1. RockJock AntiRocks - For the cool kids, good for the money, three settings, solid build
2. Carli - Break out the wallet but great build quality and I've read the articulation is special (?)
3. Boss 4x4 Walker Links - Bit of a mid range option (I think they price them each not by the pair?), can be used with other options including RockJocks

I've wanted the RockJocks, but removing the e-disco isn't really a thing yet, so Walker Links with the e-disco seems the best bet for me. AC Fab I'll have to check out.
RockJock AntiRocks

Carli Bronco Front Torsion Swaybar
Boss 4x4 Walker Links

DefNotBuddyLee

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang / Jeep / F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Have the same issue about every 6 months. Spray with lithium grease and quiet for another 6 months.

OP
OP
HmrHmr23

HmrHmr23

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BlackWidow
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah, I sprayed them, but that didn’t seem to help the saying seem to be deteriorating pretty quick they do not stand up in the environment

Offroadalliance

Base
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadalliance.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
quick disconnects are not louder than a standard bolted in sway bar bushing. Benefits of being easily disconnectable and having more articulation. downside of having upgrades, keep a bottle of spray silicone dry lube on you and youre good.

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

PpP, are you any closer to being able to compare these three? Without “data” which would you hand off post-tax dollars for? I’m leaning towards Carli but I don‘t know why really…
Nope, too expensive at the moment. Don’t get PLM, they suck. The ACFAB ones are ok but have quality control issues and people are breaking them fairly often. I still believe the Carli or the Rock Jock is the best aftermarket option. I however, am running no swaybar for a year now and havnt looked back.

Sponsored

CrystalRedTintCoat

Wildtrak
First Name
BertJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Nope, too expensive at the moment. Don’t get PLM, they suck. The ACFAB ones are ok but have quality control issues and people are breaking them fairly often. I still believe the Carli or the Rock Jock is the best aftermarket option. I however, am running no swaybar for a year now and havnt looked back.
I got rid of my ACFab. Other posts here about it.

Carli looks neat, more expensive than Rock Jock, but what I think I like about Rock Jock is that have a complete BOM (bill of material) of all the parts in their system down to the bolts. My thinking is that, should you ever need service, they are deeply transparent about all the bits and pieces and you can buy individual components from them. Also, Rock Jock has been making this stuff for 20+ years for Jeep and considers front-end and rear-end articulation as dual working components.

ralexander1211

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Wildtrak 4dr, '12 911 GTS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

quick disconnects are not louder than a standard bolted in sway bar bushing. Benefits of being easily disconnectable and having more articulation. downside of having upgrades, keep a bottle of spray silicone dry lube on you and youre good.
But the ones that are available are louder...Find me one that isn't and I'll buy it.

EGSquatched

Base
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 2dr Base Squatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
So I installed the ac fab disconnects a little over a month ago and just left them disconnected to see how it drove with the sway bar disconnected and it’s been nearly 2000 miles and 6+ weeks including several hours on the highway plus 8 hours towing a trailer on the highway and I still haven’t felt the need to connect them. I wheeled this weekend and definitely appreciated the extra flex.

I say that to say this, I probably wasted the money on the disconnects but since they’re installed now I’ll leave them disconnected until I come across a time that they may be needed. Possibly the 24hour drive out west this summer? But they’re nice and quite disconnected. Lol

Offroadalliance

Base
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadalliance.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
But the ones that are available are louder...Find me one that isn't and I'll buy it.
Its a double heim over OEM being a rubber bushing. So the heim is not a "louder" component by nature as much as its a much stronger, mechanically, component for better articulation and the ease of being able to disconnect is from the hardware being not bolted in and held in with a pin. The pin is what is going to be the culprit for most "noise" as it allows the link to slightly move, that is unavoidable in a "quick" connection process as it isnt "bolted" tight.

If youre looking for dead silence, an OEM link is the only silent option. Otherwise I use TriFlow and it keeps my heims nearly silent. Theyre not quick disconnect but I like Foutz' sway bar links and my customers running them (with proper dry lubricant) dont have noise issues.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anti rocks are very favored by Jeepers but i agree. Not a lot of feedback yet. Maybe I’ll try and snag several different types and try em out.
I would love to grab the Walker Evan’s, the anti rocks, the Carli, the disconnects, and the new one I’ve seen float around (not sure where or what it is again..). Show installs, talk about real world differences, pros and cons and then post CTI results, high speed feel, cornering feel, etc.

I have the Broncos, I have access to the CTI ramp and I have an off-road track, I have the channel. I just need the parts….
Isn't the Anti Rock essentially a weaker sway bar though? Meaning it allows for more flex in the sway bar, as if you installed a lesser diameter more compliant sway bar? Seems like an in-between from having the stock sway bar to having nothing.

Ultimate setup for road and max travel off-road would be stock or uncoupled. Too bad there aren't some disconnect links that use rubber bushings and a decoupling mechanism with less play.
Sponsored