Sponsored

Anybody currently driving tuner cars? Planning on keeping it when you get your Bronco?

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Idk if I'd really call it a "tuner" but I currently daily a '17 Focus RS. I plan to sell it in the spring. Like the STI it's incredible in the winter but hard to justify both. I'd like to get into a Mustang or Corvette within the near future, something that's faster in a straight line. We don't have nice roads with corners here so the RS is actually kinda boring in the summer.
Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The current garage has a mk6 gti with more mods than sense, and a 2015 335i with more sense than mods. The GTI holds a very very special place in my heart, and got me through a lot of different bits of life, so it'll never go away. The 335 is just the best damn driver's car I'll ever have the pleasure of driving, but I need to be sensible and get rid of one, so the next lucky person gets to enjoy it for a few years.

I figure the GTI is just the right weight to put a tow kit on and tow back and forth to the track for duty there. that and 2900lbs dead with 300 little angry german ponies never ever gets old.

1614046748186.png
I miss my MK6 GTI. Should've kept it for the work commute. They really are great little cars

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is a fun thread, but admittedly, I donā€™t think I see a huge difference in the spirit of going from a Tuner to going to a Bronco.

One of the aspects of owning a tuner was customizing and adapting the vehicle. I had a dinker of a Neon back in the day, but I had a ton of fun with it.

Drove it with reckless abandonment. Modded it to fit how I envisioned it. Showed it off and basically kept getting scorched in it, because I was a HS kid with zero funds and all the confidence in the world to think I could make it close XD

You sort of take that with you. I think thatā€™s one of the things that really draws me to the Bronco... personalizing and improving.

If I were you, Iā€™d get rid of it and move on to the next adventure. Youā€™ve even admitted that youā€™ve eased off the lifestyle a bit... I did because I was tired of getting profiled by every cop. Come to think of it... I probably had an additional $500 yearly tax just from the police. Either way, you wonā€™t regret the financial flexibility

mrxg78

Badlands
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My daily driver is a '18 Honda Accord 2.0 that's paid off. I plan on trading that in for the Bronco.

Tuner wise, I have a 60k mile 1990 240sx hatch that was passed down to me from my great-grandmother. Completing a full overhaul now and plan to keep it until the wheels fall off. I also plan on adding a Huracan Performante next year.

I need to buy a damn house...
I agree with you, at least about the house.
I have a 14 TTUE FJ cruiser and a honda odyssey, keeping both and getting a Bronco. Still don't have a house šŸ˜…

MastadonSlayer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW M2, 2023 Brocno BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I daily a 2015 gti s with lighting package. Thatā€™s been paid off for years. Itā€™s an amazing little car that I fully plan on keeping until it dies. Or my nephew decides to buy it from me a few years down the road. My fun car is a 2017 M2 (also paid off) that I picked up after trading in my SRT Jeep (some days I miss that car, but the M2 is way more fun).

So the bronco will be an much needed addition. Iā€™ve always had an suv in the mix and I havenā€™t had one going on 2 years now. The gti is a great hauler, but is limited in its off road capabilities. Lol. Some people are just multi-car people. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

A6DA6A3E-45E4-4C90-9D65-A01EF34B361C.jpeg

4271C11E-8EF0-4589-9431-EE446FC15080.jpeg

Sponsored

BroncoMeier

Outer Banks
First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I own an 2013 STI and have owned 2017 STI (totaled in an accident RIP), as well as other "tuner" cars including a 350z, Mazdaspeed3, and a couple more. Tuner cars are sort if ingrained in me, and like any other enthusiast, I like going fast! That said, as I have gotten older I find Im getting on that throttle a lot less. I dont really have time for those spirited mountain road drives anymore, and I don't auto-x like I used to.

So, I have been going back and forth on whether or not I want to keep my STI, on which I have coil overs and a handful of other suspension modifications. On one hand its absolutely a blast to drive, it owns those snow covered mount roads on ski trips, due to its amazing AWD system. But on the other hand, being one of the most expensive cars to insure (like even more than a vette for me), it costs me almost double my normal payment to keep it. I know I will miss it, if I end up trading it in, or selling it. Although my Bronco will probably satisfy my lead foot during day to day driving, its just not the same. The big thing for me is the cost of insurance, I know I can afford it, and maybe my insurance would be cheaper if I am not daily driving the thing, but its hard to justify with a brand new Bronco also sitting in the drive way. I love off-roading as well, which I have also missed and haven't been able to do in quite some time, and I know the bronco will do great in the snow when I go skiing, so there's that... tough decision! šŸ¤£

So I am curious, how many of you currently drive "tuner" cars? What do you drive? And what are your plans with you take delivery of your Bronco? Trading in? Selling? Keeping? Relegating to track duty?
I own an 2013 STI and have owned 2017 STI (totaled in an accident RIP), as well as other "tuner" cars including a 350z, Mazdaspeed3, and a couple more. Tuner cars are sort if ingrained in me, and like any other enthusiast, I like going fast! That said, as I have gotten older I find Im getting on that throttle a lot less. I dont really have time for those spirited mountain road drives anymore, and I don't auto-x like I used to.

So, I have been going back and forth on whether or not I want to keep my STI, on which I have coil overs and a handful of other suspension modifications. On one hand its absolutely a blast to drive, it owns those snow covered mount roads on ski trips, due to its amazing AWD system. But on the other hand, being one of the most expensive cars to insure (like even more than a vette for me), it costs me almost double my normal payment to keep it. I know I will miss it, if I end up trading it in, or selling it. Although my Bronco will probably satisfy my lead foot during day to day driving, its just not the same. The big thing for me is the cost of insurance, I know I can afford it, and maybe my insurance would be cheaper if I am not daily driving the thing, but its hard to justify with a brand new Bronco also sitting in the drive way. I love off-roading as well, which I have also missed and haven't been able to do in quite some time, and I know the bronco will do great in the snow when I go skiing, so there's that... tough decision! šŸ¤£

So I am curious, how many of you currently drive "tuner" cars? What do you drive? And what are your plans with you take delivery of your Bronco? Trading in? Selling? Keeping? Relegating to track duty?

BroncoMeier

Outer Banks
First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Was going to trade the 2016 Focus ST in for an RS but decided on the Bronco. Gonna miss that car.

Mrpenn46

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands - Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a stock 2008 WRX that I thought about keeping but the recurring P 2096 code, leaking power steering rack, rusted off and rattling heat shields. Not to mention the 200,000 miles on the car (97,000 on the 2nd motor) and the body rust. I'm 99.99% sure it's getting traded in for what ever value is left in it.

I bought it in Sept 2009 and it's been paid off since 2012, so I don't think it owes me anything.

I completely understand the reduction in spirited driving and just hope/expect the bronco to have enough "go" to pass people on the freeway without and elephant race.

csj

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Tacoma OR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Bought my wife a new 17' S3 a few years back, she likes it, barely drives it, doesnt like SUV's. We'll probably get another new speedy car of some kind for her in a year or two. For me; I'm still on the fence about the Bronco, waiting to hear owners reports and towing reviews.

Sponsored

ATLUTDFAN

First Edition
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I sold my 2008 BMW M3 after ordering the Bronco:
Ford Bronco Anybody currently driving tuner cars? Planning on keeping it when you get your Bronco? 8C78D8A8-0158-4094-A0B2-230CD56D4EFE

Keeping my restored totally stock 2003 350z Track with only 27,000 miles on it (does not leave the garage unless the weather is perfect):
Ford Bronco Anybody currently driving tuner cars? Planning on keeping it when you get your Bronco? B0DD07E7-BA6E-4147-A01E-4C4EB342666E

My wife is also getting a Bronco, we have not decided if we are keeping th 2012 VW Golf R With APR Stage 1. Great car done all the heavy lifting for years. The mileage is getting high and I would not mind going full tilt on a build. 2 door, manual - VW only made like 1,750 of these over two years..
Ford Bronco Anybody currently driving tuner cars? Planning on keeping it when you get your Bronco? 7D19AE0E-EC13-4390-A54E-344E53BD1838

Thinking of buying a second home in Auburn for more garage space so we can keep 4 cars. 2 FE Broncos, VW, and the Nissan.

Speaking of tuners here are pics of the show cars I built. These are both gone. I totaled the orange one and a down the line buyer of the green one totaled it.
Ford Bronco Anybody currently driving tuner cars? Planning on keeping it when you get your Bronco? 9367B8BF-F36F-48F8-9F4D-556DA2B970FF

Ford Bronco Anybody currently driving tuner cars? Planning on keeping it when you get your Bronco? 298512BD-494B-4BCD-A903-A3C2D7664D3E

Ford Bronco Anybody currently driving tuner cars? Planning on keeping it when you get your Bronco? E9D48970-563E-4232-9256-D49B0A9F6CCE

Ford Bronco Anybody currently driving tuner cars? Planning on keeping it when you get your Bronco? 8A8F6411-053D-4B62-A7FC-F04E3430141F

OP
OP
LostInArizona

LostInArizona

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands non-sas 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not exactly the kinds of responses I was expecting but damn you guys have some good taste in cars. These posts are not helping me make up my mind, if anything they're making me want to go buy more cars. šŸ˜†

Rizz512

Base
First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Zo6, Acura TSX
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Keeping it, basically full bolt on c6z did 599hp to the wheels has some mickey thompsons on it now. Stays in the garage for the most part but I do try and take it out at least one day on the weekends. Unfortunately there isnt a 1/4 track near austin :/ and I only get stock mustang's and challengers revving at my on the streets in traffic here...lol

Still I know i would regret selling it so its gonna stay.

IMG_0812.jpg

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Not a tuner car but already sold off my Mk7 GTI after I first got my reservation, been nice not having a payment.

0721201721d_HDR.jpg

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Im a toyobaru (fr-s;brz;gt86) owner, and as fun as the car is to drive and I'd like to keep it, i don't have the space for it unfortunately so I will be trading it in. As fun as it's been I've wanted a 2 door bronco forever so I'll have to sadly part with it. At least they aren't hard to come by, maybe i'll scoop a cheap used one up later on down the line.
Sponsored