Sponsored

Anyone else checking out the new Jeep vehicles?

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well name it something different.

the Grand Mallcrawler works better.

Tired of seeing SUVs that have potential get ruined with IRS.
Errr, isn't "Wagoneer" enough of a tipoff . . . Grand Station Wagon? They are in it for the money and making money for their shareholders, just like every other business. Look at Porsche - to a purist those Cayenne's and Panamera's are anathema to what used to be their core business. Cayenne's now account for ~50% of total sales and Panamera's another 25% - not because Porsche salespeople are running around with guns holding up potential customers and forcing them to buy. People want what they want and Jeep (like Porsche) would be stupid to choose to stay out of such a profitable market segment for some stupid "purity test". Nobody's taking their Aviators and Escalades crawling . . . or their Bentaygas, Cullinans and Urus's (Uri?) for that matter. There's a market for people that want ultra comfort in a large "SUV" and are willing to drop 6 figures for it. People that want a relatively comfy SUV that still has some off-road cred from Jeep can get a Grand Cherokee (at least for now, who knows what next-gen will be like).
Sponsored

bigsky713

Badlands
First Name
Vernon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 Ford Bronco / 2002 Ford Super Duty 7.3 PS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just announced:

- 4xE electric plug in hybrids for Renegade & Compass
- 4xE Wrangler with quiet engine, good torque, and 50mpge!
- Grand Wagoneer ($60k-100k, I wanna see that version of the Bronco)

I'm still sold on Bronco, but I'm thinking about waiting for that Hybrid now! Tax Rebates & gas prices are set to go up soon!

Eg_gibaX0AEbWn-.jpeg

IMG_4453.PNG

Eg_jQKBWoAIxODd.jpeg
This is probably Jeep or dealer owner trolling the Potential Bronco buyers trying to hang onto business.

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Grand Wagoneer was never going to compete with the Bronco, that's not their intended market. They want a share of the people buying loaded Navigators and Escalades and such, and the significantly higher profit margin they bring.
You are correct. Then they should have come up with a new name. Kept the Wagoneer name for something more rugged. It is obvious they were going after the Navigator market. It's not a bad SUV, it just isn't a Wagoneer.

The funny part is, Ford proved that people want rugged off roaders that can be daily drivers. Plus, people drive Wranglers as Daily drivers, in huge numbers. So keep the off road ruggedness and add some luxury to it.

harpo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not as many as I thought
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You are correct. Then they should have come up with a new name. Kept the Wagoneer name for something more rugged. It is obvious they were going after the Navigator market. It's not a bad SUV, it just isn't a Wagoneer.

The funny part is, Ford proved that people want rugged off roaders that can be daily drivers. Plus, people drive Wranglers as Daily drivers, in huge numbers. So keep the off road ruggedness and add some luxury to it.
The wagoneer was always more of a luxury vehicle despite the few pictures posted in this thread and my avatar which are stripped down versions. Most of the ones I saw had power everything, leather seats and were mostly owned by the wealthy ( at least that was my perception in 70's-80's in Denver).

I wish I had kept mine, it was a 4 speed manual with power nothing...

Sponsored

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
No
Just announced:

I'm still sold on Bronco, but I'm thinking about waiting for that Hybrid now! Tax Rebates & gas prices are set to go up soon!

Eg_gibaX0AEbWn-.jpeg

IMG_4453.PNG

Eg_jQKBWoAIxODd.jpeg
Not a Jeep fan.

Peter Gosenya

Badlands
First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just announced:

Eg_gibaX0AEbWn-.jpeg

IMG_4453.PNG

Eg_jQKBWoAIxODd.jpeg
Nice thing about working in the oil field and driving big 4x4s we love high oil and gas prices.