Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In my eyes having a Bronco and a GR Corolla would make a fantastic 2 car garage. One for the tight twisty roads with plenty of power and capable AWD paired with aggressive body lines. And one for the cruises and driving on sand along with some off roading showing classic style. I’m hoping to swing both and that Granger is able to get enough allocations for next year but we shall see.

0BAE42A3-337D-4B58-95BA-ECC995353CD4.jpeg
Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've already called 7-8 dealerships looking to put a deposit at MSRP. So far none have been willing, but I'm going to keep trying. I definitely want the GR Corolla. I had a Focus ST for 7 years and loved it. This should be even better. This is also a dying breed, so will be cool to keep for the long term and give to one of my daughters. Driving a manual gas vehicle will be a novelty then. I've already got my 4 door Bronco, so this will make a nice pair.

OP
OP
JTBros

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've already called 7-8 dealerships looking to put a deposit at MSRP. So far none have been willing, but I'm going to keep trying. I definitely want the GR Corolla. I had a Focus ST for 7 years and loved it. This should be even better. This is also a dying breed, so will be cool to keep for the long term and give to one of my daughters. Driving a manual gas vehicle will be a novelty then. I've already got my 4 door Bronco, so this will make a nice pair.
What I did was put together a generic email response and blast it to a ton of dealers that were within my comfortable driving distance from the “contact us” section of their website. Then whoever got back to me ironed out details like selling price, if they’ll sell out of area, and if there’s a waitlist.
Totally agree on this being one of the last true drivers cars. Aside from this and the Bronco the Blackwing twins also have me very excited but these 2 cars cost almost one of those and it’s easier to justify AWD/4WD over RWD living in a snowy state.

2ata

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Curr.: 2021 Ford Bronco; '77 924, '01 986, '02 911
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What’s MSRP?

Sponsored

Omarius

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JCW
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am a Granger order, so the circuit edition will probably get here before the Bronco. I'm gonna talk to some dealers about getting a reservation, but it definitely has tons of appeal.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
What I did was put together a generic email response and blast it to a ton of dealers that were within my comfortable driving distance from the “contact us” section of their website. Then whoever got back to me ironed out details like selling price, if they’ll sell out of area, and if there’s a waitlist.
Totally agree on this being one of the last true drivers cars. Aside from this and the Bronco the Blackwing twins also have me very excited but these 2 cars cost almost one of those and it’s easier to justify AWD/4WD over RWD living in a snowy state.
Found a dealer today that will guarantee MSRP in writing for a $1000 deposit. I'm going to lock it in for the Base GR Corolla. Should be a hoot and am in no rush because of the Bronco we're enjoying.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

FYI there is an option on the Base that pretty much gets you everything performance wise that is on the circuit edition minus the wing and color.

harpo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not as many as I thought
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

GR Yaris ; ) The Toyota website implied it would be coming to the US.

My wife has a Fiesta ST, I'd steal it from her if it had AWD for my winter ski trips. The fiesta is pretty capable with snow tires although the sheriff would still enforce the AWD or chains rule.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yup, have a Circuit Edition reserved and am #1 at the dealership with a $5K deposit down. MSRP in writing.

Helps that a friend has been their parts/service GM for a few decades.

Probably won't flip it like @Cheshire is sure to do, as frequently as possible. But I do look forward to his posts on the GR forums complaining about only getting a few of them and being forced to flip them at only a $10K profit.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yup, have a Circuit Edition reserved and am #1 at the dealership with a $5K deposit down. MSRP in writing.

Probably won't flip it like @Cheshire is sure to do, as frequently as possible. But I do look forward to his posts on the GR forums complaining about only getting a few of them and being forced to flip them at only a $10K profit.
Haters gonna hate... @Rick Astley
I got MSRP for a $1000 deposit simply by making a few phone calls. "Friends" like yours sound expensive! :D I'll definitely keep the GR. Unlike you, I owned a similar hot hatch (Focus ST) for 8 years and love the format. Will also be keeping the Bronco that we're enjoying...

If readers wonder why @Rick Astley referenced me here, it's because he is obsessed with me. You see, I ordered two Broncos early on and was fortunate enough to get both delivered. I sold the first at a profit, effectively substantially reducing the cost of the one I'm driving. This drives Rick insane and he posts everywhere he can that I am an infamous car flipper. I've purchased 13 new vehicles in my life and 'flipped' exactly one. My wife was against the sale at first, but decided it was best for our family financially. This makes Ricky crazy since he came to the Bronco party late in the game and he's upset that he's still waiting for his. He's grown so desperate that he's throwing down huge deposits on other vehicles. Can you afford them both Ricky?

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Haters gonna hate... @Rick Astley
I got MSRP for a $1000 deposit simply by making a few phone calls. "Friends" like yours sound expensive! :D I'll definitely keep the GR. Unlike you, I owned a similar hot hatch (Focus ST) for 8 years and love the format. Will also be keeping the Bronco that we're enjoying...

If readers wonder why @Rick Astley referenced me here, it's because he is obsessed with me. You see, I ordered two Broncos early on and was fortunate enough to get both delivered. I sold the first at a profit, effectively substantially reducing the cost of the one I'm driving. This drives Rick insane and he posts everywhere he can that I am an infamous car flipper. I've purchased 13 new vehicles in my life and 'flipped' exactly one. My wife was against the sale at first, but decided it was best for our family financially. This makes Ricky crazy since he came to the Bronco party late in the game and he's upset that he's still waiting for his. He's grown so desperate that he's throwing down huge deposits on other vehicles. Can you afford them both Ricky?
I guess you took that as a personal insult saying you flipped a Bronco and likely intend to do the same for the Gazoo? Is it also incorrect, or just that you didn't like it pointed out?

And yes, if you expect to get a circuit edition instead of a core, you will likely need to have a larger deposit down. If I had wanted a core edition then I would have not needed such a deposit. The GM and I discussed what would be suitable to secure a Circuit Edition at MSRP and both felt that represented enough skin in the game to ensure I got the car I wanted. After all, there is a drastic difference between having only 1,500 made and 5,000 made.

As for being able to finance multiple vehicles or not, that actually is personally insulting and I don't need to go into my private income or business with you either publicly or privately. You'll notice that I did not once insult you or insinuate you were "too poor" to flip vehicles. Just that you might not get as fat of a paycheck as you wished for.

OP
OP
JTBros

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s utterly mental to put $5k down on a car with no MSRP announced and no clear date on delivery lol. I put $500 down at one dealer only (so many people are handing money over for half a dozen different dealers) and have in writing my name is on the first one from salesperson and GM.

Also if you ordered 2 Broncos (kinda makes sense in hindsight) I don’t blame someone for flipping it. What do we think the dealer would do anyway. Flippers don’t make for a fun marketplace but dealers feed directly into it with ADM.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In my eyes having a Bronco and a GR Corolla would make a fantastic 2 car garage. One for the tight twisty roads with plenty of power and capable AWD paired with aggressive body lines. And one for the cruises and driving on sand along with some off roading showing classic style. I’m hoping to swing both and that Granger is able to get enough allocations for next year but we shall see.

Ford Bronco Anyone Else Considering the GR Corolla? 0BAE42A3-337D-4B58-95BA-ECC995353CD4
...like, for offroading? 😂
Sponsored