Sponsored

Anyone else feel like Ford is doing this all wrong?

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I feel like they are doing a good job of creating hype and seem to have the product that holds up to the hype. Only downside is the long wait for delivery. They will lose buyers over the winter as the excitement wears off and the financial reality sets in. Pretty hard to keep this thing under wraps, so if they tried to wait until spring when they had product to do a reveal it would be the worst kept secret.
Hype is fine up to a point. After a while, I'd like to see some signs of progress. I think Ford has 2 big periods to lose many potential buyers. One is after B & P and the price reality sets in. The other is at the holidays when many tend to run up their charge cards on big Christmas gifts. This is right at the time orders will need to be placed, so a time for a big flush there.
Sponsored

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The other is at the holidays when many tend to run up their charge cards on big Christmas gifts. This is right at the time orders will need to be placed, so a time for a big flush there.
If this happens, we will move up in line.

BroncoDude

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150 3.5EB, 2021 2DR Base 2.7L Auto
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

lol

DAY 10

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford did it’s homework in visualizing, designing and developing the home run that we know as the Bronco. It is a massive undertaking. No need to hurry up and do a second rate job on the icing when the cake itself has turned out so splendid!

One cannot expect a mighty cruise liner of a project to be treated like a little speed boat.

The candy store will open when it’s ready and not just because the little boys outside start throwing a temper tantrum.??

Sponsored

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2021 F-150 was revealed 2 months before B&P came out...I am as thirsty for a Bronco as the next guy/girl, but everyone needs to chill and know that it will be a finished product and a very very capable off-roader...
Everyone wants this vehicle to be an everything vehicle, but not pay over $50k... compare the Bronco to anything similar and see where it comes out, bc Ford did that and is putting out a great vehicle.
Lot of impatient people on here, can't even order for 3 months...

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's a great way of looking at it! I also enjoy the hype and the trail we're on.
screw that ... I don't like this trail .. I wanna get to the destination, or at least have a GPS map to show me what's next and where I'm going ...

rand442002

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'91 Ram W250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm excited and annoyed. I'm excited because I really like what I see. I think, with the available info about the Bronco, Ford designed a great vehicle. Ultimately, time will tell but it looks good right now. I'm annoyed because they've "released" it basically a year before it would be available and their original plan seems to have been to release it more than a year before it would be available. Personally, I feel like it isn't very good marketing to release it in they way that they are, one little bit at a time. I get that they want to keep interest going over the next year but why didn't they just wait until they had their s**t and release it all at once. To the hardcore Bronco or bust folks, it won't make a difference. To the average person that had it catch their eye in July, they're probably going to lose interest and go for something. TBF, those folks might still have just gotten something else but I feel like they'd have better sales the other way.

I'm in no rush and I don't mind waiting until at least B&P drops and then doing some price and deal comparison shopping. I really like what the Bronco has to offer but if some other deal drops between now and then, I might jump. I can always get a Bronco further down the road, I don't think it's gonna go anywhere.

porjos

Black Diamond
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't know if there is a correlation with the amount of new people on the site. I'm relatively new myself in regard to all you pineapple pizza heads...but the overall tone of the site has seemingly shifted from excitement at new information, to entitlement of information.

$100 entitles you only to the possibility of ordering a Bronco. It's doesn't entitle you to pretend to understand what challenges Ford is facing with releasing B&P (or as we may come to find, the vehicle itself).

I'd like B&P now, sure, but I don't need it, nor am I entitled to it. I think in all this excitement some are losing that perspective.

I'm still super excited, I've been waiting years for this. Minor details of what month I can play with the B&P thingy does not alter that excitement.

Sponsored

Figment

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The B&P isn’t going to get us our Broncos any sooner.

I’m hoping they are taking the time to make the thing as good as it can possibly be. Also would be great if this extra time is being used to add more accessories to the options list.

I’m reserving my frustration until I see B&P, whenever that is. (Although I am annoyed we have to lock in dealers so far before ordering.)

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm having fun with the info and photos/videos popping up over the weeks. I already know what I want, I have somewhat an idea of what it'll cost (a lot) and as long as B&P is up a week or so before I can order I'm fine.

Currently I'm more worried that all of the nice places I want to visit along the West are going to burn down before I get my ride :-(

www86aws

Base
First Name
Aws
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Which girl you will date longer? The one that gives you what you want from the first day or the one that you have to fight for months?

Easy comes easy goes! Ford did great job marketing Bronco. Thats why we all here!

Last edited:

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500 5.7L 4x4, 2018 Wrangler S 3.6L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think they are doing it absolutely right in building hype one "leak" at a time. The starting price for each trim is also a great marketing ploy that people think they are going to equip some offroad badassery for $35k that if full B&P was already live, they would quickly find out what they really want is $55k and move on now. But by stringing us along maybe we will all think this is the one and only vehicle that we will ever want and is worth it at any price point.
Sponsored