Sponsored

Anyone else feel like Ford is doing this all wrong?

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Only thing they did wrong was keep a bland color palette when Jeep offers different shades of Greens and stuff every other year

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Meh, I'm frustrated. I want an in depth walk through of the production floor, assembly line, paint line, and inspection line by next week. Oh, and thrown in shipping and receiving while you're at it.

/s

Last edited:

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
2021 F-150 was revealed 2 months before B&P came out...I am as thirsty for a Bronco as the next guy/girl, but everyone needs to chill and know that it will be a finished product and a very very capable off-roader...
Everyone wants this vehicle to be an everything vehicle, but not pay over $50k... compare the Bronco to anything similar and see where it comes out, bc Ford did that and is putting out a great vehicle.
Lot of impatient people on here, can't even order for 3 months...
F-150 is about 6 weeks away from job #1 and the full B & P isn't up yet. Explorer is 2 weeks away from job #1 and no B & P at all. These 2 examples make no sense at all. I can understand Bronco because it has such a long way to go.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Which girl you will date longer? The one that gives you what you want from the first day or the one that you have to fight for months?

Easy comes easy goes! Ford did great job marketing Bronco. Thats why we all here!
Personally I prefered the easy girls. Alot more fun and alot less game playing. Lol

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
screw that ... I don't like this trail .. I wanna get to the destination, or at least have a GPS map to show me what's next and where I'm going ...
That's what I'd like to see so I know what the cost will be. I'm fine with the June time frame for delivery.

20Bronco21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
’22 Badlands, ‘23 Balands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I want B&P just like I want the Bronco... CORRECT, not this moment.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The B&P isn’t going to get us our Broncos any sooner.

I’m reserving my frustration until I see B&P, whenever that is. (Although I am annoyed we have to lock in dealers so far before ordering.)
Having to place trust in dealers and Ford to produce something we can't see in person is indeed frustrating. I like going to the dealership and checking out the vehicles and trying out all of the controls and playing the audio system. Oh, and that new car smell. I can't get my wallet open fast enough after that.

SpecOpsHippie

Wildtrak
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Denali 2500HD, Audi Q5, Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Such mixed feelings here. At first I thought - 165000 reservations means $16.5M float for almost a year for FMC. Ive been marketed to! Then I realized sales for first 8 months of 2020 are down 44% and stock is below $7/share. Hard to climb back out of that hole with no capitalization. Oh, then the CEO, Jim Hackett quits the 4th of August, effective 1st Of October. Terrible move for a “leader” Reflecting the ”rats and sinking ship“ analogy. Then I’m back to sympathy for the company. And I really think the people associated with the company on this site have been stand up Despite some whining.

Its nice for the company to have something to be excited about and I support them. They just better not screw up my bronco! Business is business!

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah but I don’t even care anymore cuz I’m sold. I know enough to know I gotta have one. Call me a sucker and take my money

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think they are doing it absolutely right in building hype one "leak" at a time. The starting price for each trim is also a great marketing ploy that people think they are going to equip some offroad badassery for $35k that if full B&P was already live, they would quickly find out what they really want is $55k and move on now. But by stringing us along maybe we will all think this is the one and only vehicle that we will ever want and is worth it at any price point.
I'm the opposite. The longer I hang on, the disappointment only hits harder when it happens.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Such mixed feelings here. At first I thought - 165000 reservations means $16.5M float for almost a year for FMC. Ive been marketed to! Then I realized sales for first 8 months of 2020 are down 44% and stock is below $7/share. Hard to climb back out of that hole with no capitalization. Oh, then the CEO, Jim Hackett quits the 4th of August, effective 1st Of October. Terrible move for a “leader” Reflecting the ”rats and sinking ship“ analogy. Then I’m back to sympathy for the company. And I really think the people associated with the company on this site have been stand up Despite some whining.

Its nice for the company to have something to be excited about and I support them. They just better not screw up my bronco! Business is business!
I'm not so sure Hackett is leaving on his own or being pushed out the door? He's taking a lot of heat for the poor Explorer/Aviator launch. In the 3 years he's been there, Ford stock is in the basement.

deznut

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Supply chain is difficult to manage when you share similar components across models ( Ranger) and then open up a new model ( Bronco)and expect the suppliers to have instant capacity to support even more common parts( developing NEW suppliers is difficult and takes even more time and $) ...nothing is worse in manufacturing than having labor sit on their hands waiting for parts( labor gets paid by the hour, not by the pieces they produce)...Ford wants all ( the right) parts there ( final assembly) before they start with the quality the customer expects...the inching forward in the roll out gives them the time they need ( supply chain capacity increasing)while creating interest in the vehicle not for fanatics like us...but for the person that may purchase one in the future (he/she reads about it in an on line magazine) They ( Ford) learned how to do this when they introduced the Ford GT and the mistakes they may have made back then....I wish I could purchase a GT, but divorce is even more costly!...the wait is worth it ( it's gotta be better than waiting for a C8 to be built and delivered...)

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

When I bought my JLU Rubicon I feel like Jeeps roll out was alot smoother. Ford did a great job on the new Bronco, but feel like their time lines could of been tighter to keep the folks ingaged. (Hint Build & Price up) Nothing I can't live with, but seeing alot of frustration with alot of reservation holders. I think when we're all behind the wheel of our new Bronco, all will be forgived and forgotten.
Sponsored