Sponsored

Anyone else feel like Ford is doing this all wrong?

Builtdadbodtough

Big Bend
First Name
Dad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.wtf.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’m leaning more and more towards the thought that Ford has botched this entire process. The reveal while it was cool at the time still left a lot of people like wait that was it? I don’t understand why it seemed like they were pushing things back & slowing down because of Covid and then all of a sudden theyre like we’re just gonna go ahead with the reveal and hope that everything else falls in the place and it has not. As the OP said build & price should’ve been available right away with the launch. If you told any of us on the night we watched those videos in July that build and price wouldn’t be ready in October everyone would’ve laughed in your face and said no way. Easy to say in hindsight I guess but I would rather they have waited until they had at least most of everything in place then did the reveal and had everything ready to go from jump.
Sponsored

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't know if Ford is doing it all wrong but to me it does seem like the Bronco comeback has been rode hard and put up wet for a while now. Could be wrong but think I can remember back 3 years ago and there was talk of our much anticipated Bronco being available again. Looks like now finally the rubber is going to meet the road.
Ford crashed into some kind of problem for the B&P.
Just keep in mind that before the internet, you would only find out that you could order through the news after the fact.

All the drama of twit posting and these forums, simply didn't exist.

The B&P delay is what it is.

Heck Chevrolet announced last year it was introducing the Hummer again with 1,000 horsepower, having a 0 to 60 mph acceleration of 3 seconds and 11,500 feet of torque. It appears the Hummer will be delivered to it's customers before the Bronco possibly...
You can buy a real Hummer surplus for few $K at a .Gov auction.

The difference between a military Hummer and a boat is; the boat is hole in the water, you throw money into.
The Hummer has wheels.

The HUMMER Chevy is suggesting, will be the ultimate Brodozer.
Huge, lumbering and amazingly incapable for the price and cost of ownership.
But MAN! If you like spending money impress your male friends and neighbors, there it is.

I think the Jeep Rubicon may be on the trails with a diesel version before the Bronco I have reserved can be born...
Diesel Jeep is already out.

Crimpcap

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model Y, Honda G1 Insight
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok, here's my thought's on what happened. The Chinese virus FUBAR"d everything!
The chinese virus excuse is getting old. Other manufactures are coming out with new vehicles.....Nissan Rogue, GM C8 corvette even new F150. I think Ford was overwhelmed with demand, but now have turn greedy.

Last edited:
First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1976 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford crashed into some kind of problem for the B&P.
Just keep in mind that before the internet, you would only find out that you could order through the news after the fact.

All the drama of twit posting and these forums, simply didn't exist.

The B&P delay is what it is.

You can buy a real Hummer surplus for few $K at a .Gov auction.

The difference between a military Hummer and a boat is; the boat is hole in the water, you throw money into.
The Hummer has wheels.

The HUMMER Chevy is suggesting, will be the ultimate Brodozer.
Huge, lumbering and amazingly incapable for the price and cost of ownership.
But MAN! If you like spending money impress your male friends and neighbors, there it is.

Diesel Jeep is already out.
What I apparently poorly communicated in my post was that I have been hearing nothing but a bunch of talk from ford for a long, long, long time.... when it comes to the Ford Bronco.

Incognito,
You mentioned ford ran into some kind of problem with B & P.
It appears ford has run into nothing but problems ever since they started this Bronco comeback. But so what they have worked through the problems and appears they are about to see some light at the end of the tunnel.

It also appears you missed the point I was attempting to make in my previous post all together so I will attempt to make my point a little more clear. My point was not how great the Hummer may or may not be.... ?‍♂ the point I was making with mentioning the Hummer was that it seems like they just announced the concept and now heck they are announcing it will be available 2021.

Jeep Rubicon same thing. Heck it seems I was just hearing some grumbling about the option to have a diesel engine in the Rubicon. Now as you educated me that the diesel option is already available. Dang that was quick. Good for the Jeep Rubicon fans. Wish their was a diesel option available for the Almighty Bronco...:unsure:

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What Ford is doing has no roadmap, in a time when all the prior practices and procedures were thrown out the window at exactly the most inopportune time. Most of that is still in effect today.

Throw in resurrecting a hallowed badge, meeting the expectations of purists and paying homage to the predecessor while producing a groundbreaking product in the industry... even more complicated.

This isn't an engine offering that is already in place elsewhere in the product line. It isn't a single new model. It is an entire new brand-name line of multiple products and equipment to support it. Multiple new production lines. New drivetrain. Ford could have had it done it 2017 and got it just as wrong as Chevy did with the Blazer... would that suit anybody?

Surely there were mistakes, ways things could have been done differently - in hindsight. Believe it or not, there are realities in the design, engineering, and manufacturing processes that do not lend themselves to corporate transparency to the consumer. Sorry to the people who feel betrayed by the process.

Sponsored

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Really? It's built on the Ranger chassis? You mean the one that comes out in 2023, and is being built on the Bronco chassis?

Take out the things that weren't engineered for the Bronco, it would be an underivable vehicle. I challenge you to name all the parts that are "parts bin" on this truck, and then the parts that aren't. If you don't think that things like axles, driveshafts, wheels, seats, wiring, software, window glass, dashboard, bumpers, and a ton of other things don't require engineering, testing, certification, QC and the like, you're uninformed. Yes, they share a line and the R&D load, but to say it isn't a new vehicle is beyond ignorant.

Cash cow? Sure. But we weren't talking about that, we were talking about delays and perceived issues with the rollout. The rest of what your statement regarding sales has zero relevance to the conversation.