First Name
Neal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariet, 2015 Focus
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Having a Bronco on order since Aug 17, we couldn't take it anymore and bought an almost identical 2024 Bronco off a nearby lot. Proud owners of a Big Bend, two door, manual transmission, tube steps and mid package in velocity blue. We didn't order the tow, switches, and floor liners, but no big deal, considering.
First time driving a Bronco: What, no hand brake? My 2021 Ranger has one as did our ex Focus. The electric parking brake seems a bit whimpy to use. I still grab for the brake. Instrument panel? I could do without the bar graph tachometer seeing I have a pseudo analog tach in the Ranger on all the time. I think a tach is fun with a stick shift (which I wish the Ranger had).
Love the Bronco, impressed with the ride, power and handling. Like I said, we couldn't wait!
Sponsored

RedSoloCup

Big Bend
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yup. I hate electronic e brakes. My new Mustang doesn’t have a hand brake and it’s total BS. I wanna eliminate the electronics brake and install a past gen mustang hand brake. I don’t care if i get a dash light.

Sponsored

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I Like the Way of the Ford Ranger Raptor has the e-brake between the seats on the console like it should be behind the shifter. I wouldn't mind swapping over that interior console into a Bronco.

HighVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Scrambler, Ferrari 458
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I fear the day the e-brake fails with no real warning and you find your car rolls into the street and into oncoming traffic

then who’s responsible for that debacle?
You are. Leave it in gear.

I don't have any particular attachment to a handbrake. I do miss a foot-controlled high beam switch though.

CarmeloS

Badlands
First Name
Carmelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You are. Leave it in gear.

I don't have any particular attachment to a handbrake. I do miss a foot-controlled high beam switch though.
sometimes you forget to. I dont get the logical of an ebrake over a handbrake, especially when Jeeps still have them

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I miss the traditional hand brake for these reasons:
  • Easier to locate near gear lever, compared to e-brake on lower left dash.
  • Like having control over how much I apply, rather than e-brake binary on/off.
  • It's up it's on no question, no looking for dash icon etc.
  • Would like to match my other manual handbrake vehicles for consistency of usage.
  • It's all about my decision making and application.
  • My wife likes the Bronco but complains about the e-brake.

HighVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Scrambler, Ferrari 458
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
sometimes you forget to.
Doesn't matter, "I forgot" isn't a legal defense. the buck stops with you.

Also, why would having a cabled parking brake be less likely "forgotten" than an e-brake?

I dont get the logical of an ebrake over a handbrake, especially when Jeeps still have them
Nor do I, but maybe it saves a bit in long-term maintenance? I've never found lubing a parking brake cable that big of a deal, but one less thing to maintain is one less thing...

Sponsored

Az_Squatch_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands w/ sasquatch pkg - Carbonized Grey
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Change is hard....electronic is fine... you know it's engaged because you hear it.

RustysBronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt "Rusty" R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Having a Bronco on order since Aug 17, we couldn't take it anymore and bought an almost identical 2024 Bronco off a nearby lot. Proud owners of a Big Bend, two door, manual transmission, tube steps and mid package in velocity blue. We didn't order the tow, switches, and floor liners, but no big deal, considering.
First time driving a Bronco: What, no hand brake? My 2021 Ranger has one as did our ex Focus. The electric parking brake seems a bit whimpy to use. I still grab for the brake. Instrument panel? I could do without the bar graph tachometer seeing I have a pseudo analog tach in the Ranger on all the time. I think a tach is fun with a stick shift (which I wish the Ranger had).
Love the Bronco, impressed with the ride, power and handling. Like I said, we couldn't wait!
Very much. When I went through the huge puddle in my profile picture, I noticed getting a little bit of brake fade, which I'm guessing was due to the mud/water saturating the rotor/pad. Hand brake would have gave me a lot more peace of mind.

MaxBadland

Badlands
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, I miss it. I liked resting my hand on the brake instead of the shifter and I liked tapping in the brake button. Little things, but oh well 🤷‍♂️

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Doesn’t an e-brake suffer from issues in extreme cold with it freezing? I thought I heard this is less of an issue with a manual hand brake, but maybe that’s not accurate?
Sponsored