Sponsored

Anyone had second thoughts on getting Sasquatch package?

tlas23

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Has anyone else had second thoughts on not getting Sasquatch package on Bronco?
Pricing seems high when you can do the same at lower cost. The wheel are bead lock capable which means you still have to buy aftermarket kit from Ford performance to do this. A set of 35" tires are that expensive. The shocks are not even Fox racing shocks. I have been trying to figure out if I want to do upgrades after getting Bronco.
Sponsored

Steamroller72

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 RAM Sport Quad Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Pricing seems high when you can do the same at lower cost. The wheel are bead lock capable which means you still have to buy aftermarket kit from Ford performance to do this. A set of 35" tires are that expensive. The shocks are not even Fox racing shocks. I have been trying to figure out if I want to do upgrades after getting Bronco.
Absolutely!
I've already made up my mind if I stay in the 37-39k range, I'm going Base w/Squatch over the stock Black Diamond I have reserved.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's a really good deal on most trim levels...not as good on Badlands; but really nice wheels and tires with 35s from the factory with that suspension is a really, really good deal.

OP
OP

tlas23

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Also I haven't even heard if Ford was going to give additional badging for Sasquatch. They could have designed some cool badging for those models.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just the cost of the two 4.7 ratio locking axles would cost close to the price of the Squatch, if professionally installed. Add suspension upgrades. wheels and tires and Adv 4x4, no brainer, if you need/want the capability.

Sponsored

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You canā€™t do the same for anywhere near a lower cost. Only exception to the rule is Badlands, where it becomes tricky and really depends on what you value.

For every other trim you canā€™t touch front and rear lockers, upgraded front diff, stronger axles, lift kit+shocks plus wheels and tires for 5k/5,800 depending on B&P. And thatā€™s just for parts.

Sq package is actually a pretty insane value for what you get.

HOWEVER, if you just want the look and donā€™t care about the added capability then yeah probably not worth it.

Bilstein has a very good reputation in other circles btw, not sure why they get so much hate here.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™ve thought about it with the BD but I like big tires and the rest of the goodies the squatch gives

I donā€™t do a lot of aftermarket shit so Iā€™m getting what I want from the factory

DiamondSquatch!

andi

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
-
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not really, you get ur moneyā€™s worth, mud tires and shocks arenā€™t the only upgrade thereā€™s other stuff, like the differential, 4x4 advance, lift, and more. Try adding 35 inch tires to ur stock bronco and you will need to change gearing and other stuff whichā€™s obvi cost money

Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nope, never had a first thought about it.

have no need for it or the associated drawbacks of the bigger tires.

I can literally think of no place I would want to go that the package would get me to that the stock badlands won't.

As to looks, to each their own and for anyone who perceives it as a 'status symbol' and places value on such things, have at it. Enjoy the toy!

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had been going back and forth on it but i have decided to stick with it even if i am getting a badlands. After i learned the tires are not knobby loud 35s i decided it was fine.

I figure it will increase resale too

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Iā€™m getting a Badlands and Iā€™ve been going back and forth too but decided this week to squatch. Only thing Iā€™ll be doing to the wheels is painting the warm alloy rings Carb Grey as soon as I get the Bronco.

I was going to go to 35/315 tires anyways as we will be off road/overlanding and I really like the stance a lot better with 35/315s tires. Also, the wider flares are growing on me and add to the stance.

If I didnā€™t squacth, the cost of buying 5 35/315 tires is $1500, then Iā€˜d have to buy and install/balance 5 wheels (at cost o $1500) as the regular wheels or even the optional Badlands wheels likely have too much positive backspacing to allow me to add 35s/315s without rubbing.

Yota85

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 SR5 Taco 4x4 Xtracab, 2006 Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The Squatch pkg is the best deal Ford offers for all models (except for adding it to the Badlands, which is questionable).
The tires/wheels will have excellent resale value and the axle/gearing upgrade is easily worth the $5k. It's great to be cheap. Hell, I'm the king of El' Cheapo Island. But when you stick 35"s or even 37"s on your base rig (and you will), the 4.46 gears ain't gonna cut it. Then you'll find out that the mechanic wants $3k to install shorter gears and a locking rear diff.
Congrats. You saved $2k (or $1.5k in some cases, depending on model) and are still stuck with no front locker, an inferior front axle and no 35" tire pkg (which is easily worth the $2k right there.
I don't know much about the suspension lift, or how Ford accomplishes the 1.2" lift, so I'll leave that out.

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Originally I was going to get a BD, sas, 2.7. Now, I'm leaning towards a BL, no sas, 2.7. 33's will work for me.
Sponsored