Sponsored

Anyone Recently Finance Bronco Through Ford?

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Surprised to hear Ford is still high. We got pre-approved at the credit union last week for 2.29% and my wife felt that was high because she believes a coworker mentioned getting a 1.49% for their new car. Idk what she's smoking because 2.29 is better than any of my loans have ever been.
Sponsored

jnew71

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Daimond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How early do you all recommend I start looking at rates, and how long do these rates stay locked in if I would decide to stick with it?

I've usually just gone with whatever the dealership could find.
I locked in 60 days before at 1.9

Blitzjb

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How early do you all recommend I start looking at rates, and how long do these rates stay locked in if I would decide to stick with it?

When the car is on the way to the dealership. Rates change daily.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was told never to finance with Ford from one of my family members. You pay all the interest up front first and almost zero goes towards principle during the first 2 years.
just about every loan you do is that way. Ever look at how much of your mortgage goes towards interest vs principle? They're gonna do what they can to get their money back before paying off the principle.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

depends on your lender as far as how long a preapproval is good for. I actually was on the way to the dealership and called my credit union and get preapproved while I was driving there. So I walked in knowing what I had in my back pocket.

Sponsored

Osky305

Wildtrak
First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So anyone finance through Ford credit ? What interest rates did you get ?

mgraced

Outer Banks
First Name
Grace
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks!
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I kick myself for not looking into this sooner but Service Credit Union will lock you in for 90days and if it is being manufactured for 120days. I should have done it when I could have gotten 1.99%. I’ll apply today and get 2.99%. Proud to say my credit score fluctuates between 840-850 😃

DD214

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2015 Pilot, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So look around at your local credit union or bank and get a rate. on e you have the lowest rate, shave off a half percent and bring it to the dealer with your credit score and say my credit score is X and I can get a percentage rate of Y (Saving off half a point). If you mr dealer can beat it, I’ll go through you. Worked for me 3x now.

CagyBasilisk

Black Diamond
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota 4Runner SR5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just pre approved through USAA for 3.34 and a .25 discount if on autopay. Dealer mentioned 5+ after the rye hike this past week

Raincloud

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good income and great credit here. I had a good pre-qual from capital one (2.5%) who I used on my last vehicle, and dealer told me Ford wouldn’t beat that but a credit union might. I ended up with a 1.99% for 60 months from the credit union with no early payoff fees. This was back at the end of January though and I know rates have increased. My boyfriend financed his car through Ford credit a few years back and had no complaints.

Sponsored

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I only use Ford credit if the money is free. Wife’s Bronco Sport was 0% for 36 months from Ford, but that was before all the hikes. I’m betting down the road Ford may offer something on shorter terms.

DwnSth

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2013 F150, 2014 GC, 2002 TJ,
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Some perspective on rates. First car loan I had was in 1983 on a Subaru. 17%! Re did the loan a year later as rates were comming down. Of course you could get a 12 month CD with 12%+ returns. First home loan in '90 was 10% and that was with 20% down and excellent credit. I have enjoyed the recent sub 3% loans but think those days are done.

CagyBasilisk

Black Diamond
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota 4Runner SR5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Some perspective on rates. First car loan I had was in 1983 on a Subaru. 17%! Re did the loan a year later as rates were comming down. Of course you could get a 12 month CD with 12%+ returns. First home loan in '90 was 10% and that was with 20% down and excellent credit. I have enjoyed the recent sub 3% loans but think those days are done.
Another point, we financed my wife’s 4Runner in late 2020 for a similar price at 1.9%, so with better credit and a significant jump in income getting 3.09% is a sting, but better than I have seen from other sources. I could maybe put some legwork into getting a better rate, but I’m not too concerned at this point.

Osky305

Wildtrak
First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford Credit offered me 4.9% for 72 months last week. Tier 0 credit

My local credit union did 2.24% for 66 months
Wow 5% . My credit score is 760. What you think I'll get . Also what's tier 0 credit mean lol
Sponsored