Sponsored

Anyone with a 2 door regret not going 4 doors?

Patuko

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Family of four in a 2dr, never been a problem even on camping trips.
Didn't need a RTT or rack to hold all of our stuff either, it was a little tight but not inconvenient.
Weekend road trips to wherever, plenty of room.
If we want to stay for an extended period, we have a small military trailer with a RTT to tow for that.

I got my 2dr because the shorter wheelbase is ultimately better on the trail. You can make a 4dr have similar breakover angles with bigger tires and more lift, but it ends up being bigger than the 2dr, and the same stuff can be put on a 2dr to get even better clearance in a smaller package. Since my primary purpose for it is for offroading and as a DD for myself, going to a 4dr would make no sense for me.
Sponsored

Orlo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am sorry, did you say you wanted a Bronco?
Therein lies your answer.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
When my kids were small enough to need car seats I drove a Mustang.

2-Door Bronco has a lot more room than a Mustang. If we really needed to take everyone, we'd just take her car, which was an Expedition.

Sponsored

Now I Go Bronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Note to OP and a little bit of a warning. 2 door owners never stop talking about how they only have 2 doors. It’ll be a little bit like having a second job if you chose this route.

Something to think about.

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Family of four in a 2dr, never been a problem even on camping trips.
Didn't need a RTT or rack to hold all of our stuff either, it was a little tight but not inconvenient.
Weekend road trips to wherever, plenty of room.
If we want to stay for an extended period, we have a small military trailer with a RTT to tow for that.

I got my 2dr because the shorter wheelbase is ultimately better on the trail. You can make a 4dr have similar breakover angles with bigger tires and more lift, but it ends up being bigger than the 2dr, and the same stuff can be put on a 2dr to get even better clearance in a smaller package. Since my primary purpose for it is for offroading and as a DD for myself, going to a 4dr would make no sense for me.
You're telling me you stuffed four people's personal effects plus gear for a camping trip in the back of a two door with no rack or top carrier box?!
I find that very hard to believe or you all live impressively lean.

Just a two day ski trip renting gear at the mountain for the three of us required a folded seat filled most of the way.

Canadian5.0

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The number 2 is half the size of 4 so it would explain the insecurity, move on all you 2’s

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You're telling me you stuffed four people's personal effects plus gear for a camping trip in the back of a two door with no rack or top carrier box?!
I find that very hard to believe or you all live impressively lean.

Just a two day ski trip renting gear at the mountain for the three of us required a folded seat filled most of the way.
Yeah, it's really not that difficult, certainly not folding a chair down for three people difficult. Wife and two little girls, two tents (a single big one doesn't pack well), four sleeping bags, folding chairs, cooler, camp stove, everyone brings a backpack with their own stuff, blankets and pillows in the back seat that end up becoming a tent of loud noises on the drive out, just the basics really. I have a factory roof rack but it's useless for carrying camping gear. I don't use the cargo rack on the tire carrier either, I leave that open for hauling firewood once we get in the area if needed. I carry one jerry can of fuel and a Spectre for water, recovery stuff and tools stay packed away in the Bronco regardless.

What made the biggest difference for me was having an interior cargo basket that splits the space back there in two, allowing you to basically fill that entire space up. Without it, you run into the problem of everything falling out when you open the door with stuff stacked up on stuff. I wouldn't want to bring more for a weekend trip anyway, pack too much crap and you end up spending more time unpacking, setting it all up, taking it down, and repacking on a weekend trip than actually doing something once you get there. If we're spending more than two days I'll hook up to the jeep trailer and toss the extra stuff in there, leaves a lot of room inside the Bronco. Road trips where a hotel is involved is usually just four backpacks and a small duffel for clothes.

broncohopeful

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

hard no

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Why limit yourself to only 4 doors?

0F1909E9-DD24-4C46-99F9-3587F030084D.jpeg

And no, no regrets.

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

2 door owners can seem smug sometimes. 4 door owners seem to not believe you can make a 2 door work with more than 1-2 people, which simply isn’t true as others have indicated in this thread. I have yet to see one person on this forum claim that the 4 door looks better, so at least we all agree on one thing: this debate has nothing to do with looks and everything to do with practicality.

I made a 2 door ‘97 Wrangler work for my family of four on weekend trips. Packing what felt like the bare essentials only. The 2 door bronco has so much more space it’s almost luxurious in comparison.

Asstastic

Wildtrak
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Love my 2 door, one of my first mods was taking out the back seats and putting in a goose gear system. Added about an extra foot of storage space over what a four door offers, plenty o