Sponsored

Anyone with a 2 door regret not going 4 doors?

jbacon47

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco BadLands manual 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Zero regrets. I would’ve bought a wrangler if not for the 2-door Bronco. 4-doors is for car seats. And if I needed those, I’d buy a 4Runner or Sequoia instead.

I’m currently building a sleeper platform to fit the 2-door, and I’m ~6foot. Cargo space is plenty. Back seat fits two large adults no issues.
Sponsored

Last edited:

DaBronCo33

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Base
Same deal here - no kids and mostly alone. No regrets at all after ~15 months. I've creatively fit 26" and large 29" BMX cruisers inside for times I don't feel like a hitch mount. Seats are folded most of the time and seems like plenty of room. I love the look of the 2 door enough that I'd rather get a small trailer than opt for a moar door.
How does the 29” fit? Do you have to take the front wheel off?

2DR22Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04Cobra, 95Cobra, 17Explorer, 89Bronco!!, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been wanting to order a custom license plate frame for the back that states....

REAL BRONCOS
(Plate here)
HAVE 2 DOORS

No regrets with mine!

(All in good fun of course)

Sponsored

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

When it comes to my Bronco or any of the other interests, passions and pursuits in my life, I will quote Gus McCrae from "Lonesome Dove"

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”

Badlands77

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not for one minute

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have car seats in my 2 door so please don't exclude me from the group :ROFLMAO: lol
Ha. Same! Family of three. The little guy loves the Bronco.
2 door all day for me.

I have the same thoughts as another on here who said if not a 2 dr Bronco I'd have bought a 2 dr wrangler. If I wanted 4 doors in an overlander I'd get a 4Runner.

Ford Bronco Anyone with a 2 door regret not going 4 doors? IMG_4702

Last edited:

Salt Shaker

Badlands
First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco, 15 Jeep GC, 15 Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Negative ghost rider, probably due to the fact that they just didn't have them in the 70s and 80s, my oldest daughter learned to shift and wheel in a 71 Bronco and my youngest daughter in a built 73 CJ5.

I remember thinking if Jeep made a 4 door when my kids were young that would be the nuts, but it was onto 3/4 4 doors and Dooley's.

It is like coming full circle coming back to a 2 door bronco. If I had young kids it would probably not be a 4 door jeep or bronco but something more utilitarian.

Sponsored

bek

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have been going back and forth on getting a 2 dr or 4dr Bronco. I was wondering if anyone here bought a 2dr and now wished they had gotten a 4 dr.
My situation…

no kids, 99.9% of the time it’s just me or one other person going camping, fishing to the store or whatever. My worry is the space for cargo that has me second guessing the number of doors. Not that I haul a ton of crap but will there be the “man I wish I had more space” thoughts causing regret.

I don’t plan on wheeling, it will be exploring logging roads while in the PAC NW and desert roads when I head south for vacations.

The 2 dr seems more nimble for exploring the mountains and a lot easier around town. The 4 dr just seems huge to drive around but I spent decades driving an xtra cab Toyota pickup that is not as wide but is longer than a 4dr and it was fine.

this decision is making me nuts!

many wisdom passed my way is greatly appreciated!!
I'm a 2-door guy. Been that way through two Jeep Wranglers, and not changing. Yes, I do miss having cargo space, as this is my daily driver as well. But the kids are out of the house now and it's my baby, so I'll manage. The two-door is just nimble and has that classic look that I wanted. No other real choice for me. The 4-door, and no offense to anyone, but it reminds me of a grocery-getter. Just another 4-door vehicle out there for moms and families to get. I'll stick with my 2-door and lose the cargo space, which is really the only negative to me.

As a side note, the 2-door Bronco has more cargo space than the 2-door Wrangler, so it was a minor upgrade for me.

OP
OP
tock13

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ‘94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I truly appreciate the feedback everyone gave. Sounds like everyone is really happy with their choice, 2 or 4 door which is fantastic. I have a CX5 for my daily driver and I can stuff a ton of junk in it. The floor space in the rear is a little deeper than the Bronco before folding the seats but not much so I am thinking I will be fine in a 2 door. I can't sleep in it but I wanted a RTT so hopefully one would work on the hard top of the Bronco.

I usually cause myself undue stress by thinking too hard thats for sure!

thanks again everyone for the feedback!!

Addict

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 f150 and 2008 GMC 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have been going back and forth on getting a 2 dr or 4dr Bronco. I was wondering if anyone here bought a 2dr and now wished they had gotten a 4 dr.
My situation…

no kids, 99.9% of the time it’s just me or one other person going camping, fishing to the store or whatever. My worry is the space for cargo that has me second guessing the number of doors. Not that I haul a ton of crap but will there be the “man I wish I had more space” thoughts causing regret.

I don’t plan on wheeling, it will be exploring logging roads while in the PAC NW and desert roads when I head south for vacations.

The 2 dr seems more nimble for exploring the mountains and a lot easier around town. The 4 dr just seems huge to drive around but I spent decades driving an xtra cab Toyota pickup that is not as wide but is longer than a 4dr and it was fine.

this decision is making me nuts!

many wisdom passed my way is greatly appreciated!!
They make 4 doors? First ive heard of it.

2023 Badlands Manual 2 Door, 2.5 years was worth it.

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Don’t need more. Two doors are what makes it a Bronco!

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Family of four in a 2dr, never been a problem even on camping trips.
Didn't need a RTT or rack to hold all of our stuff either, it was a little tight but not inconvenient.
Weekend road trips to wherever, plenty of room.
If we want to stay for an extended period, we have a small military trailer with a RTT to tow for that.

I got my 2dr because the shorter wheelbase is ultimately better on the trail. You can make a 4dr have similar breakover angles with bigger tires and more lift, but it ends up being bigger than the 2dr, and the same stuff can be put on a 2dr to get even better clearance in a smaller package. Since my primary purpose for it is for offroading and as a DD for myself, going to a 4dr would make no sense for me.
Sponsored