Sponsored

Anyone's black hard top "bleeding" on to the front windows and rear body?

Lej512

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Black Diamond Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just curious if anyone else has noticed black from the hard top "bleeding" on to the front windows and rear body. I would have taken pictures but I've already cleaned it. I use the "touch free" car wash. I hoping hand washing the body keeps it in check.
Sponsored

Dantastic

Outer Banks
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
OBX Sas Bronco, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Got any pictures to show what you mean?

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The soft top 100% does this but I have never heard of the hard top doing it. Definitely will need some photos if you have em.

OP
OP
Lej512

Lej512

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Black Diamond Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's a little hard to see on the glass. I cleaned them yesterday and this was from the rain overnight. Now I wonder if its coming from the rubber seal and not the top itself. Looks like Rudy Giuliani's hair coloring.

Ford Bronco Anyone's black hard top "bleeding" on to the front windows and rear body? IMG_2884

Ford Bronco Anyone's black hard top "bleeding" on to the front windows and rear body? IMG_2885

Sponsored

AreUgettingEnufCaffeine

Big Bend
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yeah, when it rains heavily..mine by the driver side door. I think it's dirt underneath, I guess it could be the paint tho. Lol thought it was weird but never seen it mentioned til now 😀

Dan-O

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Interesting. I haven’t seen that on my MIC and it gets clobbered by AZ Sun. My suspicion is that it may be some type of dressing run off from seals or accumulation of dressing/dirt under edges of seals that is getting washed out. Would definitely like to see any follow up on this. I would probably use a clean microfiber and some spray detailer or just damp with water and pick a small area on top and see if there is any color transfer to towel. I would also do the same on various locations of the seals and check for the transfer. I don’t like the idea of the MIC “bleeding” …..Please keep us updated!!

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My Rally Top does this as well. It always cleans right off so I never worried about it

BitterBronco

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Tuxedo Black Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah they do this (and always have). I remember making a post about this early in the reservation days when they were taking the show units around.

Mine does it, too. I agree with some of the other commenters that it appears to be dust/dirt. I think the dust deposits around the windows and then the morning dew and rain rinses it out and onto the body and window.

That’s my theory and I’m sticking to it!

I also rinse it off often to be safe lol

HOSSMAN

Badlands
First Name
HOSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2022 BMW X3 M-SPORT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's normal dust/dirt/air contamination that happens when it rains etc. etc. etc. Anything sitting on our lot that hasn't been lot washed shows those trailers as I call them. My wife's BMW does it, my black bronco they show up almost a matte look/grayish. When I worked closer to the airport in Houston from the jets going over it was really bad.

Last edited:

Sponsored

TheStonewall

Wildtrak
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I talked to George at APG about this. The factory tops just all seem to be junk. Looking forward to my 1 piece ADV some day

OG-Surfdog

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.the65falcon.com
Vehicle(s)
'65 Falcon, '74 TR-6, '13 F150, '21 Mach-E
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just curious if anyone else has noticed black from the hard top "bleeding" on to the front windows and rear body. I would have taken pictures but I've already cleaned it. I use the "touch free" car wash. I hoping hand washing the body keeps it in check.
Yup,
I got that. I think it shows better for pictures sake taken from the inside looking out.
Black top? Mines a dark grey. and It looks like yours is too.
This is the rainy season in Hawaii, so we've had 10"+ of rain in April this month, and its still got a few more days to go. I notice the light grey streaks on both sides of my 2 door 2021 Black Diamond SAS.
Towards the front of the windows. Not on the body (AMB) as of late yet. It wipes off easily and reminds me of some sort of residue from molecular disintegration of the top itself. I do not wash the top ever usually. So I don't think its a breakdown from soap. Possibly an environmental thing of Solar Radiation, Salt Air, and Heat. All of those we have in abundance in Hawaii. All in all, I think its a very minor complaint.
Mines a 2021 and is just completing its 1st full year here on Kauai. Love my Bronco, and I got nothing to call in to complain about.

Last edited:

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yep mine does it, comes off no problem though

DewarT

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
As others have noted, its not related to any of the tops. My Chevy 2500 (also white) has streaks under the mirrors just like this. I haven't washed it in a while and there is no rubber or black anything to leach...