First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like your idea but have you looked at moving the mounting points to the side of the rails instead of the tops? I really like the ARB Base rack because the mounting aspect is on the side.

https://arbusa.com/roof-racks/arb-base-rack/

Should have said something sooner with you being so far into the design already. Maybe something to consider for future.
Sponsored

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ā€¢ Provisions for lights.
ā€¢ MOLLE
ā€¢ Easy to remove/install
ā€¢ Some type of wind valance
ā€¢ Quiet (yes this is a thing)
ā€¢ Provision for limb riser mount points
ā€¢ Very clean and understated
Iā€™m not that familiar with rack variations as Iā€™ve never had a real one, but Iā€™ll reinforce the above by saying it should have a locking quick release system for easy removal. In addition, it would be great to enable it to mount to the MIC top, but also sell an adapter to mount it when the top is removed. Lots of tie down points.

NorthernSoul

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like where this is heading. A durable finish that can survive road salt would be awesome. The front runner rack on my FJ looked awful after 2 winters despite frequent washing.

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hey @EIGHTLUG just curious what you've figured out so far, if anything, when it comes to load ratings? Probably too early in your process, but are you able to create a higher static and dynamic load rating for your rack using the same mounting points and without adding additional supports when compared to the OEM rack? Or will that require more of an exoskeleton style rack or drill through internal supports for the MIC top? I'm desperately waiting for a rack that can hold my 141 lbs tent. Cant wait to see what you come up with!

Sponsored
OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G2 Raptor, GT350, Land Rover SERIES and DEFENDER
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hey @EIGHTLUG just curious what you've figured out so far, if anything, when it comes to load ratings? Probably too early in your process, but are you able to create a higher static and dynamic load rating for your rack using the same mounting points and without adding additional supports when compared to the OEM rack? Or will that require more of an exoskeleton style rack or drill through internal supports for the MIC top? I'm desperately waiting for a rack that can hold my 141 lbs tent. Cant wait to see what you come up with!
Everyday at the shop, I look at our Bronco and daydream about having the roof rack that I picture in my mind on it. I have a couple more design projects ahead of the roof rack, then it's laser focus on this one. So, say mid-February. Then we can pick up some serious steam.

ManikMonday

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 G500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Everyday at the shop, I look at our Bronco and daydream about having the roof rack that I picture in my mind on it. I have a couple more design projects ahead of the roof rack, then it's laser focus on this one. So, say mid-February. Then we can pick up some serious steam.
Cant wait for that steam to pick up!

Spidurfiji

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
M
These cross bars are marketed to fit soft top and supposedly you can close the soft top over the cross bars.

https://www.smsparts.com/vehicles-ysmm/2021-2022-ford-bronco-4dr-soft-top-roof-racks

theyā€™re taking orders but, like everything else, who knows when they will ship
Similar to Exposed Racks. Not sure if that company is making anything yet for Bronco. I guess there is no good way to make a rack that goes over a soft top aside from those big exo-skeleton rigs which I dont want. (They would have figured it out for Jeep by now).

gizmohd

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport (Wife), Bronco Badlands (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

M

Similar to Exposed Racks. Not sure if that company is making anything yet for Bronco. I guess there is no good way to make a rack that goes over a soft top aside from those big exo-skeleton rigs which I dont want. (They would have figured it out for Jeep by now).
This one doesnt look that bad... I'd consider something like this..

Ford Bronco AR | Roof Rack Project 1644524561733

Sponsored

gizmohd

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport (Wife), Bronco Badlands (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Need more soft top roof racks
Yesterday I placed my order for the Gobi Rack.... i prefer the lines of that one over the TCBronco version... :)

Harumph

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1200XL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Took my bronco roof rails off. I like the look without roof rails and the wind noise is greatly reduced.

Still looking for a 2 door solution that will allow a rack for the roof cap. Problem is there is only 1 mounting point (per side) on the cap.

Bemcnamara

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F56S MINI
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I really just want 2 cross bars on the rear of my MIC top, that install and create a foundation and a modular rail that bolts on to those rear bars to tie forward to the front mounts IF I need them.

that way I can have my maxtrax and scene lighting installed all the time on the rear section of the hard top and still be able to pull off my top panels or use a sun rider style top.

then if I need to toss on my RTT I could add the forward bars and be good to go.

Rear bar location
1636478480068.png

the modular part would look like this. Orange being the rear bars that stay on all the time and blue being the optional add on section for larger items.

1636478672104.png
A single bar with wind screen in the front, combined with the orange portion in the back would be perfect. You wouldn't need the blue section all of the time.
Sponsored