Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 & 73 Bronco, 21 MDX A-Spec, 20 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This is my logic and understanding as well. I mostly asked because apparently keeping them on is a faux pas of sorts?
Nah...I think some folks are too tied up in worrying they resemble the Jeep community...It has been the only vehicle primarily for off-road in decades. You have to admit some things through trial and error just work. The vast majority of folks will leave them. Keep in mind taking a bath regularly is faux pas for some and that is pretty high on my daily list! LOL

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would not take them off...several reasons IMO:
1) they are always with you...maybe I am the only one that is spontaneous and thinks, where does that road go and just heads off vs planned trips only.
2) At 2 lbs and storing these in the vehicle is one more "loose" item to become a missile in the event of a catastrophic accident. There are enough items you should carry that don't have a handy place to store them on the outside.
3) You always know where they are! Again, I am probably the only person on here that misplaces things! ; )

Also, you might check that lower point for soft shackle utilization...it is pretty rough and has a sharp casting mark right down the middle and sharp'ish edges...I think it will eat up your soft shackle.
This.
One thing less to store, and one less hostile projectile in the cabin. (y)

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel the same. It's like Ford Motor Co. gave me these two holes to fill on the front bumper and it's human nature to want to fill them, I guess?
2 holes, 1.....
nope, don't want to get banned.

Sponsored

lenitech

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco, 2021 Base Sasquatch (AMB)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Tensile stress allowable of 7075 doesn't tell you much without the cross-section properties. What is the breaking strength? Did you analyze off-axis loads? What is the Safety Factor? Shackles are typically at 5 or 6x the stamped safe working load.

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G2 Raptor, GT350, Land Rover SERIES and DEFENDER
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Can't believe no one has mentioned the plate mount. That is exactly what I've been planning, looks like I can save some fab time.
That’s the AR | CALL SIGN. The pre-order is going on now. 👍🏽

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Tensile stress allowable of 7075 doesn't tell you much without the cross-section properties. What is the breaking strength? Did you analyze off-axis loads? What is the Safety Factor? Shackles are typically at 5 or 6x the stamped safe working load.
Full FEA is currently being performed on the SITH.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You know, you spend a lot of mental energy talking shit about Cactus Gray. It's not like we don't all know how you feel.

As someone who actually has one in my driveway, almost all of your comments are wrong. So stop trying to act like an authority on this matter. Or anything at all, ya' fuckin' troll.
So to confirm, it's not the same color as drywall or a cheap apartment? Have seen quite a few Cactus Gray Bronco Sports running around town so perhaps it's just the real world lighting throwing the colors off.

Happy to have you post content on the color to clear the air. (y)

Sponsored

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Full FEA is currently being performed on the SITH.
Will you have the WLL (Working Load Limit) stamped/etched on the parts? Is that a requirement for this type of equipment? It is common on other shackles and tow straps. Do you have a target WLL you are trying to achieve? 5 Ton? 8 Ton? 10 Ton? I didn't see a detail on your drawing calling this out where to put it. Will you be putting a AR logo anywhere as well?
So many questions...too much Red Bull today...
I guess I could just be patient and wait for a full write up when you complete your work...but

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So to confirm, it's not the same color as drywall or a cheap apartment? Have seen quite a few Cactus Gray Bronco Sports running around town so perhaps it's just the real world lighting throwing the colors off.

Happy to have you post content on the color to clear the air. (y)
I pray for the day admins will add a :rolleyes: reaction emoji for the masses to react to your posts accordingly without the need to reply.

But sure, I'll play your game:

Shade:
Ford Bronco AR | S.I.T.H. Modular Bumper Shackle - Common Hardware REIMAGINED 1636743909077

Dark, but florescent lighting:
Ford Bronco AR | S.I.T.H. Modular Bumper Shackle - Common Hardware REIMAGINED 1636743943891

Indirect Sunlight:
Ford Bronco AR | S.I.T.H. Modular Bumper Shackle - Common Hardware REIMAGINED 1636744014460

Direct Sunlight:
Ford Bronco AR | S.I.T.H. Modular Bumper Shackle - Common Hardware REIMAGINED 1636744046084

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Will you have the WLL (Working Load Limit) stamped/etched on the parts? Is that a requirement for this type of equipment? It is common on other shackles and tow straps. Do you have a target WLL you are trying to achieve? 5 Ton? 8 Ton? 10 Ton? I didn't see a detail on your drawing calling this out where to put it. Will you be putting a AR logo anywhere as well?
So many questions...too much Red Bull today...
I guess I could just be patient and wait for a full write up when you complete your work...but
I believe the quality shackles do have an engraved or embossed WLL on them. Once FEA has been completed, the SITH will be marked accordingly.

The driver side SITH has the AR logo. The passenger side does not. The passenger side does have the script machined into it though. Like I said in post one, these are an asymmetrical pair.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You know, you spend a lot of mental energy talking shit about Cactus Gray. It's not like we don't all know how you feel.

As someone who actually has one in my driveway, almost all of your comments are wrong. So stop trying to act like an authority on this matter. Or anything at all, ya' fuckin' troll.
I put that guy on ignore a loooooong time ago. It’s made my B6G experience pleasant ever since lol
Sponsored