First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I believe the quality shackles do have an engraved or embossed WLL on them. Once FEA has been completed, the SITH will be marked accordingly.

The driver side SITH has the AR logo. The passenger side does not. The passenger side does have the script machined into it though. Like I said in post one, these are an asymmetrical pair.
That is Perfect...I am 'assy.mmentrical' too...How about take me $$ for one red for my port side and one green for the starboard? That would mean I actually need 2 sets boss, correctly coded for the front and rear of my water fording Bronco.
Sponsored

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Personally, I would never remove mine. Think of it as the recovery point on the front of a Raptor. It’s a solid mounted D recovery point. I use synthetic shackles Anzio 2pcs Black Synthetic Fiber Soft Shackle - WLL 15,000 lbs - lbs with Protective Sleeve https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KSXDTDD/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_3F03G005P12XYN201W5V?psc=1 to attach to my Raptor’s recovery points.

But to answer your question, you would need an Allen wrench to re

Personally, once mine are installed, I don't plan to remove them. I think of them as the recovery points on my Raptor. They are just a frame mounted D shaped recovery point. When I need to attach a cable or strap to it, I use something like this Synthetic Shackle. So, to answer your question, yes, a soft shackle is the preferred method and yes, a hex drive wrench would be needed to remove or install.

There's a reason behind the hex drive bolt, instead of the commonly used thumb drive shackle bolt. The hex drive bolt will allow you to tighten the SITH ever so slightly to put drag on the mount on the bumper and this negates any swaying or rattling.

As far as colors go, Watermelon Sugar will be the standard color. This is just our proprietary shade of the common red for recovery devices. I do plan to have 'custom' colors. The way this will be done is I'll post a 'BADLANDS ORANGE' color run of the SITH. We'll accept all of the orders and run a batch with a couple extra pairs as stock. Then we'll do Cactus Grey and so on. It's just really clunky getting one of a color done and one of another color. We may do a color a month. Something like that.

I’m gonna be new to a lot of this gear…..can you explain what you mean by using a synthetic shackle and that “a soft shackle is the preferred method”?

I would think the recovery straps or tow straps or Wench cable or whatever would hook right to your shackles?

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m gonna be new to a lot of this gear…..can you explain what you mean by using a synthetic shackle and that “a soft shackle is the preferred method”?

I would think the recovery straps or tow straps or Wench cable or whatever would hook right to your shackles?
Yes, technically you are correct. Friends don't let friends use tow hooks. Just because you can do something does not mean you should.
There are a lot of ways to die.
Please forgive me if I sound preachy...Winching is extremely dangerous.
Take the time to learn what you are doing. Recommend learning about closed system winching. An Idaho company called 'Factor 55' makes some great gear, not inexpensive- but seriously your and other people's safety is worth protecting.
ONLY purchase quality gear- preferably made in the USA. Sorry,sermon over.

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes, technically you are correct. Friends don't let friends use tow hooks. Just because you can do something does not mean you should.
There are a lot of ways to die.
Please forgive me if I sound preachy...Winching is extremely dangerous.
Take the time to learn what you are doing. Recommend learning about closed system winching. An Idaho company called 'Factor 55' makes some great gear, not inexpensive- but seriously your and other people's safety is worth protecting.
ONLY purchase quality gear- preferably made in the USA. Sorry,sermon over.

Not peachy at all….I usually over-study and learn all I can about something “new”…

But I’m still wondering what is being talked about regarding these “soft shackles” being used even though you have these metal shackles

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not peachy at all….I usually over-study and learn all I can about something “new”…

But I’m still wondering what is being talked about regarding these “soft shackles” being used even though you have these metal shackles
As you over-study...you will see them. Pros and cons to synthetics, I use both depending on circumstances and ability and knowledge of who is with me.

Sponsored

Kmcran

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As you over-study...you will see them. Pros and cons to synthetics, I use both depending on circumstances and ability and knowledge of who is with me.
He mentioned that these "SITH" shackles are meant to be left on the vehicle and not as easily removed as your typical shackles. Since this is a fixed closed loop you need something else to attach a strap. Thats where the synthetic rope shackle comes in for a safe connection. It opens up and would allow you to connect the strap to the Sith and then close the synthetic shackle with the loop and ball that is woven into it. I don't mean to sound like I am over explaining it, but I hope this helps.

wanna1

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F150 Platinum 4x4 2022 Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I believe the quality shackles do have an engraved or embossed WLL on them. Once FEA has been completed, the SITH will be marked accordingly.

The driver side SITH has the AR logo. The passenger side does not. The passenger side does have the script machined into it though. Like I said in post one, these are an asymmetrical pair.
Since I have the stirrup and BYOD on order, I think I need a set of these too. Put me down for CO.

I picked up a mod bumper from a fellow forum member on Saturday and will use it to replace the capable bumper on my 2022(?) CO Badlands.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Would 100% be in for a set in cyber orange
Pu
AR | S.I.T.H. Modular Bumper Shackle - Common Hardware REIMAGINED

Just because something has been around for a hundred years and commonly used doesn't mean it cant be looked at with today's technology, design principles, and manufacturing capabilities to refine the product.

I doubt there has ever been a company that sat down with the intent to make a vehicle specific shackle and not just resize hardware to make it work, but design it to fit the vehicle's design and its purpose. This isn't a rehash of crane tackle or something you would find in the hands of a longshoreman. The SITH is 100% Bronco Modular Bumper, through and through. Made to be used, abused, and torture tested. It's a statement piece.

The Numbers and Specs

SITH
-7075 T6 rated at 74,000-78,000 PSI weighs in at 1.7 lbs ea. (FEA data to be provided soon)
The Bolt-18-8 Rockwell B55 70,000 lb Tensile 35,000 lb Shear

Color

Watermelon Sugar Red - Powdercoated and then post machined for highlights

Why we're doing this

I want a bespoke recovery shackle. One that doesn't jingle. One that doesn't sway. No need for silencers. I want a bolt that isn't off the shelf. I actually want it hidden. I want it clean. I want a shackle with some presence. I want them to be asymmetrical. I want a shackle that doesn't look like it's from Harbor Freight sprayed in a fancy shade of KRYLON.

Availability

Finalized the design yesterday. Queued up for machining now. Pricing TBD.

View attachment 205455 View attachment 205456
Put me down for a set in Cyber Orange!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Send it
QUESTION: I don't have my Bronco yet....the MOD Bumper just comes with the mounting points for "tow hooks" not with any kind of front tow hook...is that correct?
Thanks.....another great product!

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

AR | S.I.T.H. Modular Bumper Shackle - Common Hardware REIMAGINED

Just because something has been around for a hundred years and commonly used doesn't mean it cant be looked at with today's technology, design principles, and manufacturing capabilities to refine the product.

I doubt there has ever been a company that sat down with the intent to make a vehicle specific shackle and not just resize hardware to make it work, but design it to fit the vehicle's design and its purpose. This isn't a rehash of crane tackle or something you would find in the hands of a longshoreman. The SITH is 100% Bronco Modular Bumper, through and through. Made to be used, abused, and torture tested. It's a statement piece.

The Numbers and Specs

SITH
-7075 T6 rated at 74,000-78,000 PSI weighs in at 1.7 lbs ea. (FEA data to be provided soon)
The Bolt-18-8 Rockwell B55 70,000 lb Tensile 35,000 lb Shear

Color

Watermelon Sugar Red - Powdercoated and then post machined for highlights

Why we're doing this

I want a bespoke recovery shackle. One that doesn't jingle. One that doesn't sway. No need for silencers. I want a bolt that isn't off the shelf. I actually want it hidden. I want it clean. I want a shackle with some presence. I want them to be asymmetrical. I want a shackle that doesn't look like it's from Harbor Freight sprayed in a fancy shade of KRYLON.

Availability

Finalized the design yesterday. Queued up for machining now. Pricing TBD.

View attachment 205455 View attachment 205456
Secondary Question: Will these be clear coated? Or if not....can the finished material you use be clear coated? Thanks!!!

Sponsored

campbebc

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
In for Cactus Grey set!

SolidSnake

Base
First Name
Dante
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you can send a set of these with my byod that would be great:LOL:
Ford Bronco AR | S.I.T.H. Modular Bumper Shackle - Common Hardware REIMAGINED 1637000587464

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have one on order with built right industries. $60
I have the same one on order I just hope I can still use my gear America Uber shackles with I beleave it adjusts so should be ok I’m hoping
Sponsored