First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Exploder Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The arms are Medium on passenger side, Small on drivers side. Doing it over, I might have ordered both Medium and then controlled the length on driver side by putting arm at angle. I ordered the small because it was better in the "notch" where dash is shorter on drivers side. But if I want it in the middle part, it is a hair short.

The phone charges are Belkin Boost Charge Magnetic Wireless Car Charger 10W. I have these in various cars and love them. They hold pretty strong. The cables that come with them stick out to the bottom WAY to much so I replaced those with a u-shaped cable from Poyiccot. Finally, the cables plugged in to the dash also stick up too high in front of window so I put L shaped connectors there and now it looks fantastic. You need one that is USB-C to USB-C and one that is USB-C to USB-A. Finally, you need to replace the vent connector on the phone charger with a 17mm to 20mm ball connector.

IMG_0174.jpeg
IMG_0175.jpeg
IMG_0176.jpeg
Fantastic! Thanks for the response and great detail with links, super helpful. I think the only thing I might do different is add a USB hub and tuck it under the rail.
Sponsored

Kluch

Badlands
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 1958 Chevy Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fantastic! Thanks for the response and great detail with links, super helpful. I think the only thing I might do different is add a USB hub and tuck it under the rail.
I considered that as well. Someone posted this one but I'm always concerned with he hubs not working correctly. If the ports are not high powered, they won't charge well.

BostonGuy

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The arms are Medium on passenger side, Small on drivers side. Doing it over, I might have ordered both Medium and then controlled the length on driver side by putting arm at angle. I ordered the small because it was better in the "notch" where dash is shorter on drivers side. But if I want it in the middle part, it is a hair short.

The phone charges are Belkin Boost Charge Magnetic Wireless Car Charger 10W. I have these in various cars and love them. They hold pretty strong. The cables that come with them stick out to the bottom WAY to much so I replaced those with a u-shaped cable from Poyiccot. Finally, the cables plugged in to the dash also stick up too high in front of window so I put L shaped connectors there and now it looks fantastic. You need one that is USB-C to USB-C and one that is USB-C to USB-A. Finally, you need to replace the vent connector on the phone charger with a 17mm to 20mm ball connector.

IMG_0174.jpeg
IMG_0175.jpeg
IMG_0176.jpeg
Rockstar! Thank you

Broncodriver76

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco, 1994 Bronco, 2021 FE, 2020 f-350
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Got my Tech Bronze installed and man it is awesome!! Even without anything mounted yet it gets noticed by every person that gets in the Bronco. Great work @EIGHTLUG! looking forward to adding more of your products to this rail.
FDA1AFF7-6E6B-48C4-8D0B-D752CB48EC9F.jpeg
Any feedback on whether this color reflects in the windshield?

Sponsored

56huck

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m looking for examples of mounting a mobile ham radio, including good ways to get the coax through/around the dash

Stefanmcd

Badlands
First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Exploder Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I considered that as well. Someone posted this one but I'm always concerned with he hubs not working correctly. If the ports are not high powered, they won't charge well.
Do the existing ports supply enough power to fast wireless charge?

Kluch

Badlands
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do the existing ports supply enough power to fast wireless charge?
I would say no. The phone does seem to take a lot longer to charge. I just think adding a hub would make it even worse.

Stefanmcd

Badlands
First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Exploder Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would say no. The phone does seem to take a lot longer to charge. I just think adding a hub would make it even worse.
I'm sure you're correct. I may try to get a more powerful USB source up there somewhere. I love the convenience of wireless charging, but running android auto sucks power faster than standard charging seems capable of replenishing.

Kluch

Badlands
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been using it with iPhone CarPlay and it seems to keep up. I also have the wireless charging pad built in, but that sucks because the phone always moves off of it.

Sponsored

Rockdawg84

Badlands
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 4RUNNER, 96 F350 CC 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any feedback on whether this color reflects in the windshield?
there is no reflection on my bronco. Now I don't know if that is because of the color (which I love) or because I have the windshield tinted, 72% which is almost unseeable.

Rockdawg84

Badlands
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 4RUNNER, 96 F350 CC 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been using it with iPhone CarPlay and it seems to keep up. I also have the wireless charging pad built in, but that sucks because the phone always moves off of it.
I agree. I wish the wireless pad was a magcharger mine is always sliding off the charging spot.

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I haven’t tinted my windshield and I got the dark grey smooth rail. There is a definite and prominent glare that I didn’t expect, but can live with.