First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a manual and really like it. Just noting though, that engine braking has zero effect….the engine is too small and low compression to act as a brake, even when you downshift to slow downhill. I think you are experiencing computer braking going downhill in cruise. Do you have Lux?
Engine compression is so low that one MUST use the emergency brake when parking on even the tiniest slope or it will roll away in any gear.. first time this happened it shocked the hell out of me, in my maybe 2 degree sloped driveway.
Having owned lots of manuals this is one of my favorites, but it doesn’t engine brake….
Yes, I have the Lux package and you are right about computer braking. I forgot about the 2.3 not having enough compression for engine braking, being too small. I used to have an FJ40 with 7-1 low gear and a 105-1 crawl ratio. In low-low it would go so slow that sometimes the tires would start sliding and to correct it instead of hitting the brake you would just give it a little throttle and the tires would catch up and regain traction.
Sponsored

FloridaBurgBronco

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2013 F-150 XLT HDPP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also all FE are auto. I specifically refused to get in on the FE for that reason...I will agree tho, 2dr/MT is a purpose built enthusiast vehicle...and the only one I could see myself buying!
Yep, that was my thought too, 2 door and manual was the only way to go.

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Running through the gears on any MT is not a macho or manly thing.

Driving a MT is a Zen thing.

A MT makes you attuned to your vehicle, your driving skills and focused on the road ahead.

Driving any MT makes a Driver THINK!

You become one with your Bronco, Jeep or Sports Car when without taking your eyes off the track, trail or road you’re hitting all your gears and shift points without watching your tach and speed. Just relying on sound and feel.

Driving with all Five of your Senses is invigorating to say the least.

Like I said, it can become very Zen

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good to hear, can't wait to drive one at the Off-road Rodeo.
They had some manual transmission Broncos early on at OffRoadeo but due to a large number of inexperienced MT drivers, the clutches got smoked early and often so all of them got sent back to Ford. Now there are only automatics at OffRoadeo.

There were some folks who hadn't ever driven a MT who got their hands on a MT at OffRoadeo and were learning to drive a MT while learning to wheel. Apparently that is not a good combination.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I love the m/t in my Bronco, it's a blast to drive. The only thing I don't like, and it's not Bronco's fault, is driving in stop and go traffic. That said, I don't mind it so much that I'd consider an A/T in the Bronco. It's just so much fun to drive and the turbo's make it that much more fun. It blow's my wifes Wrangler with m/t out of the water.

Ixr

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ex NYC truck driver ... The amount of juggling while running a split 10 is easier than people make it out to be. It's not like you are shifting non stop. People act like driving a manual means you never have free hands.

The bronco in manual is very nice and easy ride, love it.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ex NYC truck driver ... The amount of juggling while running a split 10 is easier than people make it out to be. It's not like you are shifting non stop. People act like driving a manual means you never have free hands.

The bronco in manual is very nice and easy ride, love it.
Right?!? I rarely even get past 4th gear with my commute that tops out around 45-50 mph. Also, the crawl gear is excellent in slow moving rush hour traffic up to a traffic light or 4 way stop.

Sponsored

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Broncogirl66

Badlands
First Name
Gia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23" manual 2dr SAS, HPR 2" lift BDS suspenion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No most of the people I know in 2drs are auto. I am a manual and a few other are also

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

MT 4 door here - last thing I wanted was an auto, in fact when selecting trims the MT was the only item I would not budge on

Bruzer22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

More 2 doors are manual than 4 doors, but an overwhelming majority of either model are automatic. Mine is a manual, but I don't fault anyone for choosing an AT, either. I don't have a commute in mine, so dealing with stop and go traffic isn't a daily concern.
Sponsored