John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 22 Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hey everyone!

Back in Spring 2021 I put in a reservation request for a Bronco (personally wanted the Badlands).
I got an email from ford with a reservation # on 6/8/2021 to bring to my local dealer.
Long story short, I knew it would be forever to get a Bronco, and I was not in a rush, and had my eyes on another car at the time.
Here I am in June 2022 and I never got that other car, and now I am interested in the Bronco again even though I know some friends have been waiting upwards of 9-11 months.

I understand the order books for 2022 are closed and we are supposedly waiting for 2023 presumptively in August. When 2023 opens up, could I still use my reservation # to order one?

Not sure how this all works as Ford kept my reservation deposit (which I could get back still it looks like).

Sorry if this has been asked hundreds of times, I have a hard time finding relevant information, plus the whole fiasco of shortages.
Sponsored

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

At this point, I'm not sure a reservation helps, but it couldn't hurt to try when you do order in August.

GreenLantern

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That's a great question. I have one that's been converted into a Raptor (still waiting on the build), and one that's just sitting there waiting for me to take action on it. Both seem to be assigned to a dealer, and both say the same thing "build in progress with dealer" so it doesn't look like I can re-assign them to another dealer anymore.

Curious to know, myself.

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@Padawan would tell you it’s not worthless. He ordered back in July 2020 and just received his Wildtrak last month. I ordered my BD in August of 21, and received it last month as well. Doesn’t seem to be a rhyme or reason as to what gets built and how long people wait.

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey everyone!

Back in Spring 2021 I put in a reservation request for a Bronco (personally wanted the Badlands).
I got an email from ford with a reservation # on 6/8/2021 to bring to my local dealer.
Long story short, I knew it would be forever to get a Bronco, and I was not in a rush, and had my eyes on another car at the time.
Here I am in June 2022 and I never got that other car, and now I am interested in the Bronco again even though I know some friends have been waiting upwards of 9-11 months.

I understand the order books for 2022 are closed and we are supposedly waiting for 2023 presumptively in August. When 2023 opens up, could I still use my reservation # to order one?

Not sure how this all works as Ford kept my reservation deposit (which I could get back still it looks like).

Sorry if this has been asked hundreds of times, I have a hard time finding relevant information, plus the whole fiasco of shortages.
June 8th reservation here
Zero and I mean zero movement

Sponsored
OP
OP
phoopsta

phoopsta

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 22 Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
June 8th reservation here
Zero and I mean zero movement
Did you put an order in through a dealer? That is something I havent done.

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I reserved in July 2020, ordered in January 2021, and again in October 2021 #1 at my dealer, I'm still waiting without a VIN.
So yes reservations are 100% useless, Ford does NOT prioritize early reservations, and they don't care how long you've been waiting.

MyBroncoNotYours

Badlands
First Name
Good Try FBI
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you put an order in through a dealer? That is something I havent done.
If you didn’t confirm your reservation with your dealer by March 9 or 11 (can’t recall the cut off day exactly but it was early March) then you will not be scheduled this year. You can talk to your dealer about it and get everything set up but I believe you’ll have to wait until the order bank opens in August/September. Can’t recall the fact date for that either.

So no luck for MY22 but you should be able to do a MY23

Padawan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Macan GTS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It’s worth the wait. Go to a Bronco Off Rodeo to quench your thirst. Save money for parts. Wait.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You'll have to check with the local dealer you have the reservation with.
There have been cases of dealers converting reservations to orders without the res holders consent, and selling it to someone else. Or it's possible they cancelled the reservation.
Hopefully, the dealer still has the reservation in your name.

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Reservations get you two things:
  • If you reserved before March 19th, 2021… you have model year 2021 price protection through 2023.
  • Reservations grant you priority relative to other orders at your specific dealer based on your reservation timestamp.
Obviously the first one doesn’t apply to you since you reserved after March 19th.

The second one does apply, and it can help you get your Bronco sooner. That said, in today’s market… the big limiting factor is not when you reserved, but what you reserved. Component shortages are ruling the day right now, and because of that your reservation timestamp doesn’t matter to much (but it definitely does not hurt matters).

CJSimmons

Wildtrak
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Im pretty sure if you never converted your res over into an order then its gone. But yea at this point its pretty random anyways.

Gilligans_off

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2 Dr Bronco Badlands Sas/lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes.

WILDTRAK98

Wildtrak
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Bronco, 1999 Silverado, 2019 Traverse
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So hypothetically. If someone ordered two broncos in 2020. And decided to cancel one reservation in 2021, but the dealer decided not to cancel the reservation and was kind up upset , rude, and seemingly spiteful when the potential buyer requested their $100 back, and now the buy has taken delivery on the other bronco, and the dealer with the bronco that was supposed to be cancelled is all of a sudden calling a lot because they want you to go in an sign some document saying you do not want the vehicle… do you ……… We’ll I guess you just go in and sign the paper …👀 Well this would be one old hypothetical reservation that would not be useless. Lol

Last edited:

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So hypothetically. If someone ordered two broncos in 2020. And decided to cancel one reservation in 2021, but the dealer decided not to cancel the reservation and was kind up upset , rude, and seemingly spiteful when the potential buyer requested their $100 back, and now the buy has taken delivery on the other bronco, and the dealer with the bronco that was supposed to be cancelled is all of a sudden calling a lot because they want you to go in an sign some document saying you do not want the vehicle… do you ……… We’ll I guess you just go in and sign the paper …👀 Well this would be one old hypothetical reservation that would be valid. Lol
👀👀👀👀
Sponsored