First Name
chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, JTR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Basically have 2 4dr builds narrowed down, OBX Sas, or Wildtrac sas. Both with same options, the obx is 2k less and does not have the Fox 3.0. Will be mostly a road warrior, maybe some light off roading.
I have Fox 2.0 on my JTR, they ride nice, slightly too plush for me, and on 39's, I feel they have too much body roll on the interstate.
I do not need the Fox 3.0 and what they are designed for, but I believe the option alone is over 3k, but the difference in the builds is right at 2k or less, and I know you could not buy 3.0's F and R for that.
Curious on yalls thoughts? Thanks.
Sponsored

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you are doing light off roading, you do not need HOSS 3.0 IMO. I have an OBX SAS and its great for getting out there.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Basically have 2 4dr builds narrowed down, OBX Sas, or Wildtrac sas. Both with same options, the obx is 2k less and does not have the Fox 3.0. Will be mostly a road warrior, maybe some light off roading.
I have Fox 2.0 on my JTR, they ride nice, slightly too plush for me, and on 39's, I feel they have too much body roll on the interstate.
I do not need the Fox 3.0 and what they are designed for, but I believe the option alone is over 3k, but the difference in the builds is right at 2k or less, and I know you could not buy 3.0's F and R for that.
FOX racing 3.0i inch IBS shocks aren't available yet

RaceRedOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have an OBX SAS and will say I have not had a single issue off road. As a daily driver it is comfortable and absorbs road variance quite well. I was also between the wildtrac and OBX when I ordered in late 21. I am not going to be beating it down rough terrain at speed so the upgraded suspension would have been a waste for me "wasn't an option when I ordered". I ultimately went with the OBX as I preferred the color matched exterior and the interior a bit more than the wildtrac.

OP
OP
cmb396

cmb396

Wildtrak
First Name
chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, JTR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
HOSS, my bad, not Fox. What shocks are standard on the OBX?

Sponsored

Sweetair

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 SHO, 03 Marauder, '69 S Code XR7 vert Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you are talking about the WT coming now standard with the HOSS 3.0, this is my thought. I have a MT 2022.5 WT and added the HOSS 3.0 option.

Will I be doing all kind of off roading where this would be most beneficial, perhaps not. BUT........you also get a beefier steering rack, beefier tie rods and rear sway bar. Things to me that are important. If it is beefier, I want it.

On my expeditions I have had I always get the tow package. I have towed with it before only a handful of times. Even if I had not towed, the larger radiator and transmission cooling components are enough for me to have checked that box.

Good luck with your decision.

OP
OP
cmb396

cmb396

Wildtrak
First Name
chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, JTR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you are talking about the WT coming now standard with the HOSS 3.0, this is my thought. I have a MT 2022.5 WT and added the HOSS 3.0 option.

Will I be doing all kind of off roading where this would be most beneficial, perhaps not. BUT........you also get a beefier steering rack, beefier tie rods and rear sway bar. Things to me that are important. If it is beefier, I want it.

On my expeditions I have had I always get the tow package. I have towed with it before only a handful of times. Even if I had not towed, the larger radiator and transmission cooling components are enough for me to have checked that box.

All good points, and compound all of that into the 2k diff in builds, sounds like WT is the better option.
Those were all components I replaced right away with my JLUR and JTR.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

First off all wildtrak’s are sas equipped.

The Hoss 3.0 comes with the upgraded steering rack and tie rods as well as the fox tuned shocks.
To me it’s the interior colors I don’t like the colors available on the wildtrak but the upgraded suspension would be nice.

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My dealer screwed up and didn't add the tow package. By the time I noticed it, it was too late. They gave me some $$ back, but it killed me because I wanted the bigger radiator, etc... One of the few options that is really hard to do after market. You opened up old wounds! lol

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
with the HOSS 3 .. you get the Warthog steering rack and tie rod ends and that is worth it.

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
you get a bigger radiator with the tow package? Where did you get this from?

My dealer screwed up and didn't add the tow package. By the time I noticed it, it was too late. They gave me some $$ back, but it killed me because I wanted the bigger radiator, etc... One of the few options that is really hard to do after market. You opened up old wounds! lol

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

you get a bigger radiator with the tow package? Where did you get this from?
Dealer said there is a difference in the radiator and trans cooler. He specifically said, "do not throw anything heavy on a trailer and pull it with an aftermarket tow." But, hey, these guys weren't exactly on top of their game.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The Bronco tow package is the hitch, wiring, and trailer brake controller only. There aren't any cooling upgrades.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Unless you show me where Ford has this stated it is just BS coming from the dealer.

Dealer said there is a difference in the radiator and trans cooler. He specifically said, "do not throw anything heavy on a trailer and pull it with an aftermarket tow." But, hey, these guys weren't exactly on top of their game.
Sponsored