Sponsored

Fox Race Series 3.0 Coilovers NOW AVAILABLE!

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yeah, little surprising there isn't more of that out yet. I haven't seen many, if any, in-depth reviews with hardcore testing scenarios either, but we can try to unpack your questions and see if there some helpful insights. It's still early days for these 3.0 coilovers, so detailed feedback on extreme scenarios might take some time. I have not seen any marketing done from Fox on these 3.0s, so I wonder how many people actually know they even exist.

Based on the specs and technology (internal bypass, DSC adjusters), these coilovers should excel in both high-speed stability and low-speed controls. The DSC allows fine-tuning for both high and low-speed compression, potentially offering the best of both worlds.

The 3.0s prioritize off-road performance over on-road comfort, were as the 2.5s offer a balance of comfort and capability. Expect a firmer ride on paved roads, with increased body roll and potential noise due to larger pistons and higher spring rates. However, on rough terrain, the ride will be smoother and more controlled.

Fox doesn't readily publish specific travel numbers for their Bronco Coilovers. However, I have seen an estimated 12-13 inches of travel, depending on lift height and configuration.

Again, there's limited data on how these coilovers handle extra weight from bumpers, armor, and larger tires. The DSC adjusters should allow you to tune the compression damping to compensate for increased weight, maintaining optimal performance.

If you're comfortable exploring new territory, you could take the plunge and become one of the pioneers reporting on these coilovers in extreme scenarios. It's not much of a risk either. Looking at Fox as a company and all the information available on these, I can say with confidence that these will be the most capable off-road-ready kit available. You get what you pay for and will not be disappointed. Just be prepared to share your findings with the community! I am sure that would be much appreciated!
Thanks for the response Caleb (feels weird typing out my own name), I'm in love with my King's right now but as I explore the limits of one build, I get the itch to start changing the build-up again and exploring the limits of something else. Next on the list is going to be doing some crazy stuff... Either long travel and 4-link rear or 4-link rear and just making the front end move a little freer.

Either going to keep the Kings and do external bypasses with the Foutz lower control arm or look into the FOX IBP setup... I like pushing limits and do rocks and high speed (the Rubicon, the Playa, and the Dunes are all within a couple of hours from me so I'm in my happy place.

I usually end up doing my own experimenting and video the process. I like to share my experiences and unfortunately, I usually end up being the test mule for a lot of new products because I can't help myself lol.

With this kind of a purchase though I really want to see some feedback before buying. Maybe soon I'll check em out
Sponsored

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone have pictures of these installed and what the CV and tie rod angles look like?

OP
OP
Caleb@PandaMotorworks

Caleb@PandaMotorworks

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Does anyone have pictures of these installed and what the CV and tie rod angles look like?
Maybe Splinter or Racain can help out with a pic of them installed?

Dom's had them for a while now as well
Sponsored