Sponsored

Are You a Current / Previous Bronco Owner (Bronco II's included)

Are You a Current / Previous Bronco Owner?

• Total voters
OP
OP
351HO

351HO

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 F-150, 92 Ranger, 85 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for all the replies and great pictures/stories so far! Sounds like I'm not the only one who misses their Bronco and can't wait to be behind the wheel of a new 6G.

Its also pretty exciting that this vehicle is getting so much interest from people who have never owned a Bronco before (currently stands at 43.3%)

Thanks @JAGSarge for telling us about the showcase section. I didn't know about it and will definitely check it out.
Sponsored

krawl on

Badlands
First Name
PETE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee, Mustang supercharged
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Rubicon bustin' '74...

OP
OP
351HO

351HO

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 F-150, 92 Ranger, 85 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does a Bronco II count as I did own one of those ?

I know it’s technically a Bronco but maybe not everyone here may consider it not a real Bronco - but I clicked yes, I owned a prior Bronco.
Yes they absolutely count even though there is a lot of unfounded hate towards them. One could even argue that they are more related to the new Bronco because they both share the Ranger platform!

I will edit my original post with a note that Bronco II's count.

Navy94

Wildtrak
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I owned a ‘93 two-toned (blue/white) Bronco.

Nobody

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snowtrek.org
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does a Bronco II count as I did own one of those ?

I know it’s technically a Bronco but maybe not everyone here may consider it not a real Bronco - but I clicked yes, I owned a prior Bronco.
Heck yeah they count!

Bronco-BroncoII.jpg

Sponsored

Rvbronco

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura rdx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My son and I had 68 bronco 302. I had painted inside and out in about 1994. Sad to say it was sold not long after. Now I have a new B.L on the way......I hope. If I get the new bronco my son can have when I die.

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My 1975. My step-father bought it new and it only had 100 miles on it when I first rode in it. It was his DD (twice) and mine during high school. It still has my HS parking permit on the bumper.

Ford Bronco Are You a Current / Previous Bronco Owner (Bronco II's included) Old Bronco_1.JPG

Krisegon

Outer Banks
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 GMC Yukon SLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Bought an 80 bronco in 91. 90k miles on it. 302 with headers, sounded awesome! I drove it everywhere. Funnest vehicle I ever owned. Only time I got stuck was driving in a blizzard. I was unable to see a snow drift that built up on the road. As I hit the drift, snow packed under the Bronco to the point it lifted the tires off the ground. Fun times!
Similar story! I bought an '81 in 1994 with around 100k on it. It was my favorite of all my vehicles. I wish I had kept it, but the 8 MPG was too expensive for me in my teen years. Only time I ever lost control was a blizzard and I was stupidly going like 80. Spun out into the median and pulled right back out.
Ford Bronco Are You a Current / Previous Bronco Owner (Bronco II's included) bronco

Sponsored

Doc Rocket

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Base, Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Had a 1979 Bronco Custom (NP-435 4 speed, NP 205 transfer case, 460 V-8, Medium poo brown, sand colored top, nothing else really, manual everything, no air, etc). Would have kept that through anything, really. It got 10 MPG most of the time, but the 460 meant it would not pass an e-check and the state basically made me get rid of it (really they just said it had to be returned to the stock 351M 2bbl configuration, with lots of smog equipment reinstalled that probably hit a dumpster in 1979--As it turned out, I moved to California about 2 years later and they would have forced all that and more, it wasn't 25 years old yet, but close)

3track

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460 | Former Broncos: '73, '91
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I owned two Broncos back in my teens and twenties. Was too young to appreciate them. My first was a '73 with an automatic and power steering (bought for $3,000 when I turned 16). The second was a '91 Eddie Bauer. Miss them both...but regret selling the '73 to this day.

Ford Bronco Are You a Current / Previous Bronco Owner (Bronco II's included) bronco3

Ford Bronco Are You a Current / Previous Bronco Owner (Bronco II's included) bronco2
Ford Bronco Are You a Current / Previous Bronco Owner (Bronco II's included) eb_bronco

YEGDriver

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Never owned a bronco before. In fact I've never owned a Ford before. This is the first Ford I've ever been interested in, and excited about. I've owned a number of other brands (dodge, honda, toyota, jeep) and the closest I've had was I supposed a number of Chevy Trackers. Small, soft top, rear wheel drive 4x4. Very fun to drive and a blast when I took the top off. Great in the snow, and also good out in the bush for hunting instead of an ATV. So I see the bronco as a combination of the tracker and my current jeep wrangler, although with significantly more up to date tech.

Doc Rocket

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Base, Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Had a 1979 Bronco Custom (NP-435 4 speed, NP 205 transfer case, 460 V-8, Medium poo brown, sand colored top, nothing else really, manual everything, no air, etc). Would have kept that through anything, really. It got 10 MPG most of the time, but the 460 meant it would not pass an e-check and the state basically made me get rid of it (really they just said it had to be returned to the stock 351M 2bbl configuration, with lots of smog equipment reinstalled that probably hit a dumpster in 1979--As it turned out, I moved to California about 2 years later and they would have forced all that and more, it wasn't 25 years old yet, but close)
Wanted a Bronco when I came back from being stationed overseas, but it was late enough that Ford had sold all the Broncos it was allowing through overseas military sales that year, and when I got to the states, (in NW Washington) all the used Broncos were ridiculously priced (about double the Blue Book retail). Bought a Ramcharger, had that for a few years, then found the '79 in North Dakota. Would actually like both of those back...
Sponsored