Sponsored

Are You a Current / Previous Bronco Owner (Bronco II's included)

Are You a Current / Previous Bronco Owner?

• Total voters

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have had 1 1990 5.05sp and 2 Bronco IIs. I loved all three, but the Bronco IIs were really good size for trail running. They drivetrain was just a bit light duty to make an off road build reasonable. Sold my last one for a 4.0L Ranger that I custom ordered, it had the 4.0, 8.8 LS rear axle and just a generally beefier build. The 91 was nice but the Mazda sourced manual was light duty and no MAF sensor made mods difficult. The new Bronco will be better in every way other than exhaust note on the 91 (I did do and air filter kit and cat back exhaust).

OP
OP
351HO

351HO

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 F-150, 92 Ranger, 85 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow that is a lot of Broncos. Nice to know that a moderator has this level of experience with these trucks. Just one of many reasons why B6G is such a great place.

Thanks for letting it slide. Now that you mention it I do remember a similar poll but it was definitely a while back.

I thought about adding that option right after posting but seems I can't edit poll questions after the fact.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Had an '89 Eddie Bauer. Still have a '69.
20201213_132201.jpg
Sweet ride, that's the same color I painted my '67. One thing I noticed on your '69 is the windshield fold down stuff (top of windshield frame and loop on the hood). That should have been deleted in '69. Wonder if yours is an early '69 and they still had left over parts.

My '67 had '66 brakes on it (they were smaller).

ericwayne

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sweet ride, that's the same color I painted my '67. One thing I noticed on your '69 is the windshield fold down stuff (top of windshield frame and loop on the hood). That should have been deleted in '69. Wonder if yours is an early '69 and they still had left over parts.

My '67 had '66 brakes on it (they were smaller).
Yes, October of '68 build so it retains the vacuum wipers. Good eye!

Sponsored

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, October of '68 build so it retains the vacuum wipers. Good eye!
I didn't know vacuum wipers made it into '69, I was SO happy to have the electrics over the vacuum I was used to on the '67. I bought a set of electrics but never got around to converting them. The "good ole days", so looking forward to getting a Gen 6!

289 or 302 in yours?

I'll get some pics of my previous three up tonight.

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice! I also had a 85’ Bronco and I truly adored it. I don’t have any photos of it unfortunately but it was black & grey with red pinstripes. Damn she was fine. I loved the high beam switch on the floor.

Unfortunately on a icy -15° night in 1993 I rolled it badly. It looked like a flattened tinfoil ball afterwards. It was an ugly night, but thankfully nobody was injured badly.

I’ve owned many vehicles since but none of them commanded the same vibe, the same adoration. I’ve always wanted another Bronco.

In many ways purchasing a new 2D Bronco will be an act of redemption, an attempt to regain some of my youth. Or, I’m just in my mid-forties and I’m slowly losing my mind. Either way, Eff it...I’m in. Let’s do this!

PEACE.

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This was my 67 I rebuilt from the ground up, she was awesome... Sold it to buy a house, sure wish I still had it, but sold it for a good reason
Ford Bronco Are You a Current / Previous Bronco Owner (Bronco II's included) DSC07393

ericwayne

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I didn't know vacuum wipers made it into '69, I was SO happy to have the electrics over the vacuum I was used to on the '67. I bought a set of electrics but never got around to converting them. The "good ole days", so looking forward to getting a Gen 6!

289 or 302 in yours?

I'll get some pics of my previous three up tonight.
Yes, the vacuum wipers were eliminated in '69 except for the early builds. 170ci straight 6, 3 speed on the column. 😉

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I had a 94 for a little bit. It needed more work than I could put into it at the time. But I loved it!

012-6.jpg

Sponsored

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Small world. I rolled my 85 in 93 as a stupid kid also.

PEACE

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Does a Bronco II count as I did own one of those ?

I know it’s technically a Bronco but maybe not everyone here may consider it not a real Bronco - but I clicked yes, I owned a prior Bronco.
Sponsored