Sponsored

Are you happy?

Are you happy with where you are in the Bronco purchase cycle?

• Yes

• Hell no! Let me tell you why!!!

Results are only viewable after voting.

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I might be happy if I had a Bronco by now. I expected July 2020 res, September 2020 order, and Bronco delivery by now. Didn't happen. Don't know if/when I'll get one.
Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No, man! The Avalanche lost, the Nuggets suck, the Rockies traded my favorite player and are god awful and the Broncos šŸ˜” I mean I know I canā€™t be that mad, historic 30 year run, multiple super bowl appearance and a championship just 7 years ago. But Drew Lock is a punk and a bad QB. Everything is still locked down, I feel like an animal in a cage! Itā€™s winter which sucks because I hate the cold.

Oh wait, weā€™re you asking about the Bronco?

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Only 14 weeks to Memorial Day weekend
it'd be great if they gave us a date in early May... buuuuuuut we know that's not going to happen. šŸ¤£

So yes, like you, I've been using Memorial Day as the date. Which is literally the last day in May this year.

So maybe we get a date before Memorial Day? šŸ¤žHas a nice ring to it. "You'll know your Bronco delivery date before Memorial Day".

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sport vs. Bronco are completely different teams working simultaneously. And unfortunately cars are not one of things if you throw more man-power at it does it make it better / faster.

The customer expectations and demand are so much higher for the Bronco due to its history and its competition Ford can't afford to launch a dud, they need to make sure everything is correct from day 1.
The Sport had the advantage of an existing chassis, but only started development in 2017. The Bronco concept in 2004 took 16 years (and counting?) to release if you take away the COVID19 excuse. They have the same designer. Farley's baby was the baby Bronco and maybe he didn't do such a great job at getting that to market that he became CEO? You have to put the best, right people and resources on a project to make it progress faster and I'm saying they didn't do it. The Sport had better resources and it's out. You can make as many excuses as Ford has, but one is out and the other isn't. You don't think throwing enough man-power at it to test 24hrs/day would've sped it up?

I'm glad they're getting it right, but it could have been out... they have bean counters, though, and aren't getting $1.6B/year in regulatory credits to run their business reckless without consequences. Tesla did make a hypothetical $1B just now with their Bitcoin market manipulation investment.

I guess I'm not happy. ;)

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ā€œThe best things come to those who wait.ā€

I learn so much about the Bronco and I only find myself getting more and more excited as the milestones come.

would I absolutely love to have it now? Sure! Information now? Absolutely! However, itā€™s like wanting my Birthday to comeback around and skip all the other holidays.

I can get caught up in all the fun like Easter Eggs, new accessories, after-market accessories, and or destinations to preoccupy me. All of that in my downtime.

so, while Iā€™d like to have all that at once, Iā€™m happy to sift through it casually. Too much, too quickly is better left to my work e-mail

Sponsored

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not happy that I feel like Iā€™m settling so much.

thereā€™s no color I love, so Iā€™m settling.

and The base is either 33 or 35 depending on engine, and every time I try to build a different trim I end up at like 45k with how they package shit.

if they went a little more outside the box with colors, and more a la carte with the options, this could be completely different.

so I just keep reminding myself Iā€™m getting a lot more content for less than I would if I bought another Wrangler.

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Bronco concept in 2004 took 16 years (and counting?) to release if you take away the COVID19 excuse.

You don't think throwing enough man-power at it to test 24hrs/day would've sped it up?
Ford announced the Bronco was coming back in 2017 at the North American auto show. Everything before that was a purely concept or fan renderings.

And no I donā€™t, having worked in automotive as an engineer they already are working around the clock. To produce 2-3x the data would result in stagnation.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Basically, short of never getting one, the only thing that would make me unhappy is getting a 2021 model in December. If that was the case, I'd rather wait for the '22.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I might be happy if I had a Bronco by now. I expected July 2020 res, September 2020 order, and Bronco delivery by now. Didn't happen. Don't know if/when I'll get one.
You should never have expected delivery by now. That was communicated on Reservation Day One. Late spring (which they said meant June) was the earliest initial target delivery time frame. And that was pre-COVID-effect.

Last edited:

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My joy comes from the Lord. All the rest of this is just nice to have trinkets until that day arrives.

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Sport had the advantage of an existing chassis, but only started development in 2017. The Bronco concept in 2004 took 16 years (and counting?) to release if you take away the COVID19 excuse. They have the same designer. Farley's baby was the baby Bronco and maybe he didn't do such a great job at getting that to market that he became CEO? You have to put the best, right people and resources on a project to make it progress faster and I'm saying they didn't do it. The Sport had better resources and it's out. You can make as many excuses as Ford has, but one is out and the other isn't. You don't think throwing enough man-power at it to test 24hrs/day would've sped it up?

I'm glad they're getting it right, but it could have been out... they have bean counters, though, and aren't getting $1.6B/year in regulatory credits to run their business reckless without consequences. Tesla did make a hypothetical $1B just now with their Bitcoin market manipulation investment.

I guess I'm not happy. ;)
It's not like Ford was actively working on the Bronco since the 2004 concept started. In fact, the opposite was true: the Bronco was DOA and not an official project for many, many years. If the Bronco had been released before now, it would be using the "old" Ranger platform instead of the "new" one. It's better for it.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
In general I am very happy. My wallet has stomach issues though!

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's not like Ford was actively working on the Bronco since the 2004 concept started. In fact, the opposite was true: the Bronco was DOA and not an official project for many, many years. If the Bronco had been released before now, it would be using the "old" Ranger platform instead of the "new" one. It's better for it.
They SHOULD have started aggressively working on it after the Wrangler Unlimited proved successful.

And to timhoods point, of potentially getting a 21 in December, there should be no MY21, just 22s and early 22s, and there shouldnā€™t immediately be new options released for 22, this whole thing is the most poorly executed launch I could have imagined.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Exactly!

When did the Bronco Sport concept vehicle come out compared to actual production vehicles? They put so much more importance on it than the real Bronco. We should be complaining about the new Bronco coming out on Bronco10G.com, lol.

Rover72

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR, 18 Cadillac XT5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am happy to be in line for a Bronco with the spec's that Ford has designed.
I am unhappy with waiting and who isn't, no big deal, just get it right. Pandemic hasn't helped Ford, so, act of God I have to accept.

The thing that I would feel better about is getting real Bronco specification info that B6G members are asking. More video's directly form the the horse's mouth (Ford) would be nice. Bronco Nation is cute and a drip campaign. Give us the real & complete data on what we are signing up for so we can better plan while we wait.

As a buddy of mine says, it's all good.
Sponsored