Sponsored

At what speed and distance can you Flat Tow the Bronco behind an RV?

skinnykenny

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150, 2015 Explorer Sport, 07 Shelby GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a question which so far I cant get an answer for - at what speed and what distance can you Flat Tow the Bronco behind an RV? Thanks
Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have a question which so far I cant get an answer for - at what speed and what distance can you Flat Tow the Bronco behind an RV? Thanks
As far as distance=unlimited. Speed, i usually hold to 65 ish, maybe 70 if conditions are perfect. Be sure to watch your 6 and check hook-up, tires and wheel bearing heat at all opportunities. Many recommend TPMS sensors, good idea, I don't have them ,,,,yet.

gpitman

Badlands
First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Ford F-350 Powerstroke, 2019 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The owners manual doesn't say anything about distance or speed. I reviewed the manual yesterday that is posted here on 6G. I'm very interested in flat towing when I finally get it.

The harder part will be when will the Blue Ox baseplate be available. They list a 2021 Ranger, but not one for the Bronco yet.

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

As has been said, no restrictions in the owners manual. Should be the same as towing our Jeeps, with the t-case in neutral, no restrictions....other then common sense. My Bronco will get flat towed behind the motorhome, replacing the Jeep. I need the Roadmaster base plates.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As long as everything is in neutral (no transmission load) the distance and speeds are probably limited more by your personal bravery than any mechanical limitation. (one caveat, if you lock the axles - accidentally or intentionally - all bets are off... because that will get ugly quick).

Sponsored

gregrock68

Outer Banks
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan, F350 dually
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As far as distance=unlimited. Speed, I usually hold to 65 ish, maybe 70 if conditions are perfect. Be sure to watch your 6 and check hook-up, tires and wheel bearing heat at all opportunities. Many recommend TPMS sensors, good idea, I don't have them ,,,,yet.
TPMS sensors are definitely a good idea for your motorhome and whatever you are towing. I have several friends that have experienced blowouts on the trailers they are towing, and I definitely do not want to experience a tire failure on my 45,000lb motorhome! Spend the $400 and get TPMS, you can see your tire pressures on every wheel and monitor as you travel

G6Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G6 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
the speed and distance you decide until the transmission burns up. Mine did after after 2k miles of towing always getting a flat tow enabled with an ok on the dash panel. $6,300.00 [not warranted] then a 4K trailer until someone figured this out. read other MANY posting on this forum. You will find many others had had catastrophic failures.
Sponsored