Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Seems like a small annoyance
Camel's nose under the tent. Presages a future date when someone else will electronically decide when you have driven enough for the day/week/year
Sponsored

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Because I’m not putting a nightlight in a vehicle. It’s only $100 on a 30-60k vehicle.
If you like to throw money away by all means have at it. I'm a cheap Polack and will pocket the extra $96. 00. ?

It's not like it's an eye sore where everyone will see it, it'splugged into the back side of the console. If the light bothers anyone just black it out with spray paint.

west

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 T-Bird, 71 LTD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Anytime you can find a way to get worst gas mileage ... go for it :p

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you like to throw money away by all means have at it. I'm a cheap Polack and will pocket the extra $96. 00. ?

It's not like it's an eye sore where everyone will see it, it'splugged into the back side of the console. If the light bothers anyone just black it out with spray paint.
I understand the value of it. I’m about convenience and functionality. Chances are I will see how it performs before I do anything about it.

Sponsored

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I understand the value of it. I’m about convenience and functionality. Chances are I will see how it performs before I do anything about it.
This has been beat to death on the Ranger forum too. Some love it and some (like myself) hate it. I guess if you drive a lot of city miles it will save you money over time. I don't put on enough miles to worry about saving a couple dollars a year (at most) and yes I'm cheap frugal. ?

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This has been beat to death on the Ranger forum too. Some love it and some (like myself) hate it. I guess if you drive a lot of city miles it will save you money over time. I don't put on enough miles to worry about saving a couple dollars a year (at most) and yes I'm cheap frugal. ?
I probably will get rid of it because of premature starter and battery wear from the multiple starts. We will see.

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The nightlight...brilliant idea.

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Why does everyone hate it so much?

Or is it more of... this is the way cars have always worked, sooo. ?

Or I'm too 'old school' (or insert 'cool') to help climate change?

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ForScan, turn stop/start off, no more hitting the switch every time you start the vehicle.

Sponsored

guerro

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
thanks for the replies. Such crap that Ford forces that on you...
Crap rolls downhill. Govt forces ICE vehicle manufacturers to meet certain fuel efficiency requirements. This is but one way they accomplish what is forced on them. You can thank the gubmint.

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the tip! How does this work?
It creates a draw on power. Setting the AC on max cold or the heat on max hot does the same. Pretty much anything that adds a power draw will accomplish what you desire...or turn it off, each time you start your truck.

brewdad

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am not familiar with Ford's start/stop system--is a secondary battery used to operate start/stop or the primary battery alone? Jeep used two different systems, the ESS (engine start/stop) which has a small motorcycle size battery located beneath the standard battery and this small battery runs the start/stop function. This small battery has had many problems of failure and draining the main battery & stranding Jeep owners; the other system is called eTorque which has no small secondary battery but a belt driven generator which replaces the normal alternator and also has a liquid cooled 48 volt battery pack with its own protective steel plate located underneath the vehicle near the rear axle on the Wrangler; the generator charges the battery pack which operates the start/stop; this 48 volt battery pack on eTorque equipped Ram trucks is located inside the cab behind the rear seat back. No way would I want that battery pack that has to be liquid cooled to keep from catching fire inside the cab with me, but the Ram can still be equipped with the normal V8 Hemi engine with no start/stop of any kind and one regular battery.

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This will be my first mod within days of delivery. It's the stupidest most annoying thing any manufacture can do and were actually paying for this feature.

BigSki150

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really enjoy the Bronco6G site. I have learned so much insightful information.
Yesterday, I learned that a 32" tire is the tallest tire recommended for the 190mm axle. BD. Happy Holidays Members.
Do any other models have the 190mm Axle or is it standard except for Squatch and Non Squatch Badlands?
Sponsored