First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I probably will get rid of it because of premature starter and battery wear from the multiple starts. We will see.
As with most things the government forces on us to stop "climate change" , the end result of having to manufacture more starters and batteries will probably result in more emissions than the fix saves .

I'm still spilling more fuel on the ground than I ever did before they "fixed" the gas cans .

chownd

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I always HATED start and stop. But it's not nearly as annoying on my wife's new pilot. Hopefully Ford's is as unobtrusive now too

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Velociraptor

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus RX450h, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hate auto start/stop on my Crosstrek. I just shuts everything down including power steering and power brakes. If you need to suddenly take off fast from a stop, just forget it. I turn it off as it is a borderline safety hazard IMO. On the other hand, our Lexus RX450h hybrid works great. It's part of the hybrid system but is integrated so seamlessly that it does not bother me at all.

Sponsored

Skeeterjack

Outer Banks
First Name
RON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018MUSTANG GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I don’t see auto stop/start on the BP specs. for Canada. Am i missing something.

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
3-10% is not insignificant. Thanks for the link.
"In the United States, idling wastes approximately 3.9 billion gallons of gasoline per year."

Neither is 3.9 billion gallons of gas! ?

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
"In the United States, idling wastes approximately 3.9 billion gallons of gasoline per year."
If you dig a little, you'll find that most statistics are published by people/organizations who are receiving grant funding allocated specifically to reach the supported conclusion.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I hate this mode

Ford Bronco Auto Start/Stop PXL_20201226_220425991.MP

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have to admit, I am kind of indifferent to start/stop. I have done a bit of research and it seems the feature is much better to meeting regulations in a testing cycle then improving fuel economy or reducing emissions. My F150 is going on 2.5 years old and it seems like the battery is already cranking a bit slow. I hope it’s just me and not the battery going south already. Seems like the cycling would be hard on it, but what do I know? I would probably disable it if I noticed it more often . I just don’t do a lot of stop and go driving these days.

Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Guess I'm not going to need remote start to warm it in the winter up here....

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As with most things the government forces on us to stop "climate change" , the end result of having to manufacture more starters and batteries will probably result in more emissions than the fix saves .

I'm still spilling more fuel on the ground than I ever did before they "fixed" the gas cans .
Problem solved.;) I've been using a VP Racing Jug since these nanny mandated ones were forced on us. Always had them for my two stroke motocross bikes and snowmobiles and never spilled one drop. Mines put away now since I have no grass to take of out here but these are the best and come in 3 gal and 5 gal jugs.

Ford Bronco Auto Start/Stop VP Racing Ju

3 Gal

https://www.amazon.com/VP-Racing-Fuels-Gallon-Utility/dp/B07WH438LX/ref=psdc_15707861_t1_B07KRKJCXP

5 Gal

https://www.amazon.com/VP-Racing5-G...5ffb2&pd_rd_wg=ngq40&pd_rd_i=B00AVQC01U&psc=1

Hose Bender

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SJWUGEG/ref=wl_mb_wl_huc_mrai_3_dp

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Problem solved.;) I've been using a VP Racing Jug since these nanny mandated ones were forced on us. Always had them for my two stroke motocross bikes and snowmobiles and never spilled one drop. Mines put away now since I have no grass to take of out here but these are the best and come in 3 gal and 5 gal jugs.

Ford Bronco Auto Start/Stop VP Racing Ju

3 Gal

https://www.amazon.com/VP-Racing-Fuels-Gallon-Utility/dp/B07WH438LX/ref=psdc_15707861_t1_B07KRKJCXP

5 Gal

https://www.amazon.com/VP-Racing5-G...5ffb2&pd_rd_wg=ngq40&pd_rd_i=B00AVQC01U&psc=1

Hose Bender

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SJWUGEG/ref=wl_mb_wl_huc_mrai_3_dp
Those are the best ones for sure . It has the vent which helps a lot but in a short period of time of using them every single weekend the plastic cap on plastic threads starts deforming and it leaks as well . I used them at the race track for my sportbikes .

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Those are the best ones for sure . It has the vent which helps a lot but in a short period of time of using them every single weekend the plastic cap on plastic threads starts deforming and it leaks as well . I used them at the race track for my sportbikes .
I wonder if it's mostly on the newer ones? ?‍♂ Mines an older one (20 years) and haven't had that problem. Of course now that it's been sitting here in a scorching hot garage for the past 5 years the seams might just blow apart next time I need it.

Reenmachine

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F-150, 2019 Jeep JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am thankful that it has a “Magic Johnson” button. Why do I call it that? What is the first thing Magic Johnson does when he wakes up in the morning? He takes his medicine so that his AIDS is no big deal. It works great because he is still alive after all of these years and he is even a few pounds overweight. What is the first thing you do after you start your vehicle that is equipped with automatic start and stop technology? You push the “Magic Johnson” button to make your cars AIDS be no big deal. It’s just something you do and you get used to it. Some day they will take the button away and then you will have to trade your car every three years before you have to start replacing valve trains and starters and batteries left and right and it’s consuming large amounts of oil from all the damage this has to be doing to your cylinder walls.
Sponsored