Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IMO, high end audio is just not worth it in a Bronco. All that money you spend on getting accurate, crystal clear sound will be wasted the moment the vehicle starts moving. Let's be honest, a luxury vehicle with a noise free cabin the Bronco is not. Everyone here is always claiming to be top off the majority of the time. Why would you spend thousands on an audio system upgrade that would only sound good while parked? All you would really need is a system that can get loud enough to drown out the road noise at a fairly decent volume without distortion.
Totally agree. But having a long history of convertibles I know the stock units are usually not loud enough with the top down. Any kind of imaging or accuracy in a car goes right out the window. More power, a larger sub, and speakers able to handle more heat and power are what I'm after. A removable sub in the back is what I'll probably settle for.
Sponsored

duc135

First Name
Duc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2014 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
More power, a larger sub, and speakers able to handle more heat and power are what I'm after. A removable sub in the back is what I'll probably settle for.
That's easily achievable on the cheap (relatively). Add an amp, DSP (optional), replace the stock speakers if they are crap and add a sub. No need to rip and replace the whole thing like some are suggesting. May need to install a high - low level converter if the existing head unit does not have RCA outputs. DSP is required if the head unit does not have a subwoofer output or amp does not have a built in crossover. No need to go with ultra high end manufacturers either. Basic Pioneer, Sony, Alpine, etc. will get it done for this use case.

Brownie

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, 1981 Trans Am, 1972 Austin Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LC7 + big amp + removeable sub and done. Same thing I did with my last 2 Fords. Plenty of volume for riding topless. The factory speakers are just fine when you add power and crank um up!

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
JL, much better sound than JBL
When I had my 14 Tremor, I replaced the factory speakers with J L Audio 5 x 7's and added a J L Audio sub box with two 8 inch subs and a Kicker amp. The sound was pretty good for the $1400-1500 that I spent.

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I had my 14 Tremor, I replaced the factory speakers with J L Audio 5 x 7's and added a J L Audio sub box with two 8 inch subs and a Kicker amp. The sound was pretty good for the $1400-1500 that I spent.
Did you get one of their stealth boxes or a traditional box for the back? I am a little worried that a box will walk away, but maybe JL will make a decent stealth box the thieves will not notice.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm just hoping for a decent aftermarket kit that is an easy install. I'm already looking at the JL Audio Marine sub. Ford will be offering a passive sound bar similar to the Jeep unit from JBL that could be interesting too. No price yet.
g13690011-F.jpg
The JBL soundbar is on the accessories list and priced at $750-800.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Prepare to be disappointed. Which system did the F150 have? There's B&O and B&O Unleashed. The upgraded Unleashed system has 18 speakers and will be worlds better than the system in the Bronco.

The Bronco is a mid tier vehicle for Ford and they always save their best for the F150. I'm expecting the upgraded B&O system in the Bronco to be closer to the base B&O in the F150.

If you've ever listened to the "premium" Sony system in something like a Focus compared to an F150, you would be amazed at the difference.
The Unleashed system is the one feature that's making me want to change to an F-150.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sounds like a damned if you do and damned if you don't.... get the standard trim stereo; find out the B&O is Awesome - get pissed off you have to spend more money for better tunes in your Bronco. OR get the B&O find out it really doesn't sound great and get pissed off you spent too much and still have to spend to ged better tunes.....
That's why you wait, and order a 2022!

Ford Bronco B&O stereo duh

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The Unleashed system is the one feature that's making me want to change to an F-150.
Yea I bet that Unleashed system is great. Just one of the many things Bronco buyers will have to sacrifice when compared to the F150.

Sponsored

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

JakeLucas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Turbo T-Bird, Q50, ‘74 Corvette, Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The Revel system in my Dad’s Corsair sounds good for a stock system. I’ve built customs systems. They are not as simple these days.

The Bronco system is probably pretty similar to the Corsair. I’d say go try it out.

For the average consumer it will be fine. If you‘re really into Audio you’ll be left wanting. I’ve settled for the stock high-end system in my Q50 I’m not thrilled about it and will upgrade...eventually.

Elwood

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The desk in my home office
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's funny, I am adding the Bronco to a garage full of luxury cars and I specifically do NOT want anything too fancy. My ONLY must-have creature comfort is keyless entry and start, GF digging through purse for a key isn't a headache I want to deal with.
Is the bronco confirmed to have keyless entry/start? I’ve seen the button on the dash and no clear ignition spot for a key, but do we know that we’ll be able to open the doors without fumbling for keys? This has been in the back of my mind lately...

I’ve also been wondering about Carplay...

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is the bronco confirmed to have keyless entry/start? I’ve seen the button on the dash and no clear ignition spot for a key, but do we know that we’ll be able to open the doors without fumbling for keys? This has been in the back of my mind lately...

I’ve also been wondering about Carplay...
Mid package has "intelligent access" which is the keyless entry you're talking about. All vehicles have keyless push-to-start.

Sync4 has apple CarPlay and android auto. Wireless def on Mid and up. Not sure on Base... (worth noting Sync4 on base is *not* "Enhanced Voice Recognition"... and I'm not sure if the lesser Sync4 on the Base also lacks other features. )

Lux adds wireless charging pad for the full wireless experience.

Ford Bronco B&O stereo Screen Shot 2021-01-28 at 09.41.18

Ford Bronco B&O stereo Screen Shot 2021-01-28 at 09.44.05

Ford Bronco B&O stereo Screen Shot 2021-01-28 at 09.42.06
Sponsored

Last edited: